• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

This the same Ferguson that had his team actually drop out of the FA-cup because of fixture congestion when they were in the World Club Cup?

From my memory Ferguson would often change his team around during periods of fixture congestion. Not wholesale changes of course, but sensible rotation.

No he pulled out of the FA cup because according to the FA it was more important to get the exposure. And as for you sensible rotation that really does not alter the fact that he always said the next game is our most important game.

No he pulled out of the FA cup because according to the FA it was more important to get the exposure. And as for you sensible rotation that really does not alter the fact that he always said the next game is our most important game.

You don't think that there was at least an element of Manchester United being quite happy to try and move some of the blame onto the FA for something that they were very keen to do?

If you take Ferguson's words at face value the conversation is in essence already over. This is the same guy that said Charlie Adam's left foot is worth £10m alone when Adam was being linked here there and everywhere including United and their competitors. Ferguson was more than happy to see him end up with their rivals Liverpool.

They did rotate. They clearly planned ahead for more than one game at the time. The next game is the most important one, but that doesn't mean you don't rest a player for the next same so that he'll be fresh for the game after that.

Surely the point is you rest the players who need a rest and limit the disruption to the team. Management teams have far more information on the players condition than ever before and I would hope the manager has a handle on the mental strength of players to make the right decisions on selection. Rotation for rotations sake is counter productive as it can effect the team dymanic and form.

Surely the point is you rest the players who need a rest and limit the disruption to the team. Management teams have far more information on the players condition than ever before and I would hope the manager has a handle on the mental strength of players to make the right decisions on selection. Rotation for rotations sake is counter productive as it can effect the team dymanic and form.

Obviously no one is arguing for rotation for rotations sake...

Our rotation in the earlier cup games is an important part of our current success as it's allowed players like Davies, Wimmer, Chadli and Son important game time that's allowed them to step in and make important impacts in our league games. Many were against that rotation in some of those earlier cup games...

How Euroclubindex.com's points prediction for the season has changed week by week ...

CatWBKBW8AAyYXH.png

Did anyone have a punt on Spurs when we were 150/1 to win the league at the start of the season? I thought about it ......

Grrr

Maybe we should have a stickied thread that states yet again the change of rules regarding if Chelski win the CL
It's never been clarified by any post in this or other threads yet has it...:rolleyes:

Fwiw...

Looking ahead to the end of March: both ManU and ourselves could be playing 11 matches (if we progress in the Europa League) whilst Arsenal plus City have 9 and Leicester have 6.

The PL fixtures on the second weekend of March will have to be rescheduled for whomever gets through to the sixth round of the FA Cup but I assume they will be played after the international break.

Emirates Marketing Project and Arsenal get 3 week gaps between CL legs!

although they both have tough games the weekends that follow those ties.

Arsenal away to Man utd and away at Everton. Emirates Marketing Project home to Liverpool and home to Man Utd.

If you take Ferguson's words at face value the conversation is in essence already over. This is the same guy that said Charlie Adam's left foot is worth £10m alone when Adam was being linked here there and everywhere including United and their competitors. Ferguson was more than happy to see him end up with their rivals Liverpool.

They did rotate. They clearly planned ahead for more than one game at the time. The next game is the most important one, but that doesn't mean you don't rest a player for the next same so that he'll be fresh for the game after that.

You obviously are going off on a tangent, my point was Fergie and other top bosses priority is the next game and they have said that. No one said they did not/do not rest players and your are just trying to prevaricate my point. :p

You obviously are going off on a tangent, my point was Fergie and other top bosses priority is the next game and they have said that. No one said they did not/do not rest players and your are just trying to prevaricate my point. :p

Ferguson was one of the first managers to field weakened sides in the domestic cups.

Back