• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sergio Reguilón

the thing with Fyoth is that we plucked him from nowhere* and he's only about 14, he needs a chance, Reggie came from Madrid, he's won continental and intercontinental trophies, expectations are higher

*he'd played like 5 games of professional football in his life

the thing with Fyoth is that we plucked him from nowhere* and he's only about 14, he needs a chance, Reggie came from Madrid, he's won continental and intercontinental trophies, expectations are higher

*he'd played like 5 games of professional football in his life

Foyth is one of the Spursiest players ever. Great on the ball, silky skills but makes stupid decisions especially in key moments like getting sent off after 8 seconds against Bournemouth after coming on as sub.

Foyth is one of the Spursiest players ever. Great on the ball, silky skills but makes stupid decisions especially in key moments like getting sent off after 8 seconds against Bournemouth after coming on as sub.

Yeah, he has done some stupid things, but he is young, and he has looked good for Villarreal, I'd like to see him in our squad next season.

I'd like to say bad decisions can be coached away, but there is little evidence of that in our recent history.

There is no team here
There are no leaders here
It’s a huge problem
Someone said on a podcast the other day great teams are very vocal... you can hear them in the quiet stands
Our team is mute at best

Said on here two or three years ago that the final piece of the jigsaw the team needed was a strong, vocal captain - only to be told that “all the captain does in modern football is organise the Christmas party.”

Said on here two or three years ago that the final piece of the jigsaw the team needed was a strong, vocal captain - only to be told that “all the captain does in modern football is organise the Christmas party.”
Maybe that’s key though
If that keeps players happy... then he is doing his job

He certainly has something to work with. Pace, bravery, decent touch, a good left foot and a nice delivery. He will look a little better defensively when he has a half reasonable LCB inside him I think as well. Him and Hojbjerg have been definite plusses I think. We now need at least 3 plusses to come in this summer (4 if Kane goes).

5 posts later:

Seems to me that he has more bad moments as Aurier and yet still seems to have the support of a lot of fans on here. Same goes for Foyth as well.... wonder why that is?

[emoji23]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yep, its s omething we have lacked for a long time.

I think it's pretty clear in hindsight that Verts was the true leader of our defence. The voice of experience who would marshal the line, give gonad*ings, or calm down a young fullback.

Toby was a great natural defender but isn't one to make a defence greater than the sum of its parts.

I suspect Dier may once have been the one to fill Verts' boots as senior defender but, shorn of confidence and seemingly lacking the pace/energy to be effective, he's too busy worrying about his own game.

I'll cut Reguilon some slack as his mistakes all come from a desire to win. He will come good next season, with proper coaching and a bit of confidence.

Cracking finish, mind.

He had a shocker against Villa but I hope after a rest over summer (no way is he getting picked by Spain now) and pre season with a manager that takes him under his wing, we still have a high octane, quality left wing back.

Seems to me that he has more bad moments as Aurier and yet still seems to have the support of a lot of fans on here. Same goes for Foyth as well.... wonder why that is?
I think both our starting FBs this season have been fine in Regulion and Aurier bit you are right Aurier gets a lot of criticism even when playing well...there's probably a reason for that...[emoji848]

One has demonstrated he can be very good player
The other has shown he can play well sometimes and then head it a players back, or lose his man then scythe him down and give away a penalty.... and has a consistency for doing it.
So it comes down to fans experience
Unless of course your insinuating it’s because of his colour which would be kinda odd... considering the previous much lived fill backs were both black or mixed race (I don’t know walkers family back ground)

One has demonstrated he can be very good player
The other has shown he can play well sometimes and then head it a players back, or lose his man then scythe him down and give away a penalty.... and has a consistency for doing it.
So it comes down to fans experience
Unless of course your insinuating it’s because of his colour which would be kinda odd... considering the previous much lived fill backs were both black or mixed race (I don’t know walkers family back ground)

British black and mixed race (Walker) versus African. I can't lie I do see something in it. African players are still spoken about in terms of naïveté or often physicality.

British black and mixed race (Walker) versus African. I can't lie I do see something in it. African players are still spoken about in terms of naïveté or often physicality.
Well Walker was faster than Aurier
And did make brain farts
But I don’t remember them ever being as dumb as some of Auriers

Back