• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

This is very much what I was going to say. How short are peoples memories?

I wont argue Aurier has been great this season, but he has shown massive promise IMHO and I am genuinely excited as to what he can become under Poch.

And half the board is writing him off completely because he got caught wrong side of a player who tripped themselves up for a penalty.

Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, it wasnt his first.

FFS people get some perspective though, the same people slating Aurier will be the same ones crying about Walker going (and Rose looking likely to go) while completely forgetting the pair of them were utter liabilities early in their time with us.

Even Walker, while much improved was at best hit and miss by the time Poch came in.

Show a bit of patience. Im convinced in a years time Aurier will be a top player for us, everyone is allowed time to grow and make mistakes.
Thing I always judge players on in first season is their attributes and to me has a lot going in his favour in this respect. By second season he will be much more polished, used to the demands, his surroundings etc and will be absolutely fine....

This is very much what I was going to say. How short are peoples memories?

I wont argue Aurier has been great this season, but he has shown massive promise IMHO and I am genuinely excited as to what he can become under Poch.

And half the board is writing him off completely because he got caught wrong side of a player who tripped themselves up for a penalty.

Yes, it was a mistake. Yes, it wasnt his first.

FFS people get some perspective though, the same people slating Aurier will be the same ones crying about Walker going (and Rose looking likely to go) while completely forgetting the pair of them were utter liabilities early in their time with us.

Even Walker, while much improved was at best hit and miss by the time Poch came in.

Show a bit of patience. Im convinced in a years time Aurier will be a top player for us, everyone is allowed time to grow and make mistakes.

Yeah, he's got the potential, no doubt, he just really needs to weed that part of his game out. I've got faith in Poch doing just that, so no need to panic on Aurier just yet. :D

What did you make do Bruno stopping Moura getting the ball by basically putting his arm across him ?

50/50, I thought it was technically a pen but again - can see why it wasnt given.

Theres the whole "buying a foul" thing these days, technically legal but seems to depend on the ref. Personally not a fan.

Thing I always judge players on in first season is their attributes and to me has a lot going in his favour in this respect. By second season he will be much more polished, used to the demands, his surroundings etc and will be absolutely fine....

Thats my thinking. They guy has quality on the ball, moves and links well, has put in some sensational crosses, enjoys a battle, works hard...

Yes, I know he is inconsistent, I know he gets caught out of position defensively and I know he can be reckless - but these are all things I expect Poch to sort out. Just like he did with Rose and Walker.

And whats left will be one hell of a fullback, IMO.

I’m not sure I see the attributes that others do in him, but Poch is a huge success with full backs and they do tend to improve under him so here’s hoping.

Right now though, in the here and now, he is a liability.

Then go support Chelsea, or City, or maybe PSG. If thats the attitude you think we should have, they are tailor made for you.

As it is, patience is exactly what has got us to where we are. Its the foundation of our model. And for me, its something I am actually really proud of.

We make players. We improve them. And we become a better team in doing so.

I doubt thats going to change any time soon.

Yeh its nice all that but the time has to come where we win some trophies, that's the whole point of football isn't it? No point in making players and then selling them on, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Walker - a few players that we have improved who have gone on to better clubs and won trophies. Could Rose and Toby be next?

A high proportion of throw ins in the professional game are foul throws that go unpunished. It is one of those rules that is frequently unenforced at the higher levels. His mistake was repeating it after getting pulled up but it is hardly worth getting worked up about.

that's the least of his problems really. He just isn't very good at much. Oh he is fast

Yeh its nice all that but the time has to come where we win some trophies, that's the whole point of football isn't it? No point in making players and then selling them on, Berbatov, Modric, Bale, Walker - a few players that we have improved who have gone on to better clubs and won trophies. Could Rose and Toby be next?

If they are, so what?

We are improving all the time. Despite (because of?) selling our stars. We have developed immeasurably in the last decade doing precisely that.

If we keep going as we are success, and sustained success at that, is inevitable.

The club has earned my backing, whatever they decide to do I trust them. And I wont be sacking players off because Im having a hissy fit and describing it as ruthless.

Back