• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Season Expectations

What Do You Expect From This Season?

• Total voters
The biggest determining factor in our success or otherwise this season could be what Arsenal do in January.

Reports suggest that Wenger has a huge war chest at his disposal and has been instructed in no uncertain terms, unlike previous years, to use it. I think the Arsenal board and Wenger realise that Arsenal fans are feeling mutinous.

No different to at the start of the season for me. 4th is achievable but I won't be disappointed with 5th/6th especially with a semi/final appearance in either of the cup competitions.

Without wishing to reopen old wounds, what was wrong with the "manner" of Harry's dismissal, specifically?
Oh please, let's not go there. What on earth is the point?

No doubt you'll come up with all kinds of justifications, just like you did at the time.

Oh please, let's not go there. What on earth is the point?

No doubt you'll come up with all kinds of justifications, just like you did at the time.

Hang on a sec............you can't say "let's not go there" when you've already taken us there!

Besides, it's not the reasons for Harry's dismissal that are under discussion. You specifically mentioned that you were unhappy with the manner of his dismissal, which is altogether another thing. So what was it about the manner of his dismissal that upset you?

I'm sorry but some of the crap in this thread is laughable and sums up why this club has been mediocre for far too long.
So some people are suggesting that finishing 5th or 6th is ok, it'll show progress(?) and comparing our squad to the other contenders it's not as good or as competitive as Arsenal's, Chelsea's and Everton's??
OK Chelsea I can understand, they have some exceptional players in there, especially Mata but are you seriously suggesting that we should be happy to finish behind Arsenal and/or Everton?

This is the worst Arsenal squad in years, they can't defend and struggle away from home. Everton show a lot of huff and puff but do they have that much quality? Obviously they have some great players but I was absolutely incensed with our attitude when we went up to Goodison last month. We were wary of them so sat back and tried to creep a win instead of playing the high tempo game we have seen us win 3 times over Christmas. This is what cost us up there, give them something to think about, put them on the back foot and you can beat Everton. That's what Chelsea did recently.

For me this season we should be aiming to get ahead of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, yes it'll be tough and realistically its not going to happen but one thing I am certain of is that we have enough quality to finish above Arsenal and Everton. We need to bring in two players in January to freshen up the squad. If AVB wants Moutinho then we do all we can to get him!

I'm sorry but some of the crap in this thread is laughable and sums up why this club has been mediocre for far too long.
So some people are suggesting that finishing 5th or 6th is ok, it'll show progress(?) and comparing our squad to the other contenders it's not as good or as competitive as Arsenal's, Chelsea's and Everton's??
OK Chelsea I can understand, they have some exceptional players in there, especially Mata but are you seriously suggesting that we should be happy to finish behind Arsenal and/or Everton?

Want to see some pictures of my cat? If we finish below where Harry took us, then we have failed miserably.

despite having a weaker team and a new manager ?

This..

If we finish 5th (or worse) for the next 3 years running then the haters can hate on AVB but seriously wtf... the guys been here 5 months and hasn't even had a full transfer window to even begin moulding his own team yet. Jeesus!!

This is the worst Arsenal squad in years, they can't defend and struggle away from home. Everton show a lot of huff and puff but do they have that much quality? Obviously they have some great players but I was absolutely incensed with our attitude when we went up to Goodison last month. We were wary of them so sat back and tried to creep a win instead of playing the high tempo game we have seen us win 3 times over Christmas. This is what cost us up there, give them something to think about, put them on the back foot and you can beat Everton. That's what Chelsea did recently.

For me this season we should be aiming to get ahead of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project, yes it'll be tough and realistically its not going to happen but one thing I am certain of is that we have enough quality to finish above Arsenal and Everton. We need to bring in two players in January to freshen up the squad. If AVB wants Moutinho then we do all we can to get him!

Just read this and I I can't dance with the tone or most of what's written.

We should be striving to finish as high up the table as possible. Everton are a good side, but I still believe we have better players so I won't be happy if we finish below them.

Arsenal on the other hand is another matter. They are not the side they once were, but they in the top 4 year after year, despite people writing them off.

Have to call you out on this .. disagree

- !st, 2nd = Two Manchester Clubs
- 3rd, should be Cheat$ki, stupid amount of spend, Mata, Oscar, Hazzard (believe Martin is theirs too?), and they will spend in January.
- 4th - 6th is between Spurs, Scum, Everton (with probably a 5 point spread at the end of season)

Say what you want about the Scum, they are the incumbent, they have done it before for 15 years, no management change, no major squad shakeup (and pay double our wages) and likely to buy in January, why are we suddenly favorites to beat them to it?

So if we got 5th, 1 point behind the Scum (same as last season, but one position lower), that would be a failure for you?

I will agree with your last line, we need 2 players if we really want to go after 4th or higher.

Some people still don't get it.
Its where to you expect Tottenham to finish not where do you hope we will finish.
I expect us to finish at least 5th now.
Yes Arsenal are there for the the taking but do you really expect us to finish above them for the first time since the 90s?

Of course I do, why would I not? Why the fudge I'd be happy with finishing 1 point behind them in 5th I don't know (what rubbish logic!)?

What is special about them this season? Why are we selling ourselves short? Who's going to do what RVP did last season?

This is what gets to me - we are happily prepared to finish behind Arsenal just because its been 17 years since we last toppled them, 5th is fine , why expect any more? In fact Everton have improved so we may as well not even bother with 5th either!

I believe that failing to get 4th this season will be a massive failure because I truly believe that the players we have are good enough to topple Arsenal and Everton.

It all depends on January - will we freshen up the squad or not?

Of course I do, why would I not? Why the fudge I'd be happy with finishing 1 point behind them in 5th I don't know (what rubbish logic!)?

What is special about them this season? Why are we selling ourselves short? Who's going to do what RVP did last season?

This is what gets to me - we are happily prepared to finish behind Arsenal just because its been 17 years since we last toppled them, 5th is fine , why expect any more? In fact Everton have improved so we may as well not even bother with 5th either!

I believe that failing to get 4th this season will be a massive failure because I truly believe that the players we have are good enough to topple Arsenal and Everton.

It all depends on January - will we freshen up the squad or not?

See Modric THFC's point above, it's not where you want/hope, what you expect.

But, still agree with the Window being the tell of the clubs ambition.

Back