• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Samsung Galaxy 3 Contacts Issue

Steed Train

Clive Wilson
Recently got a new samsung galaxy. I got the contacts from my old phone transferred to the sim, now I want to transfer them to the new phone so I can use the more detailed contact information. Is there anyway to do this without duplicating all the entries? I have alot of contacts and it would take me an age to delete all the sim duplicates

Not sure. Had a quick look at my own and could only find the copy option which will leave a copy on the ISM, and a copy on the phone.

What you do see is that all your contacts will be listed with a different icon detailing where they are stored ("G" for your google account, a green phone icon for the galaxy, a white SIM icon for the SIM card). So if you want to delete, you have the option to multiple select, and only select the ones stored on your SIM card (with the SIM icon).

Not ideal, but makes it a 5 min task instead of a longer one.

Recently got a new samsung galaxy. I got the contacts from my old phone transferred to the sim, now I want to transfer them to the new phone so I can use the more detailed contact information. Is there anyway to do this without duplicating all the entries? I have alot of contacts and it would take me an age to delete all the sim duplicates

if you delete the sim contacts then you wont have them anymore. What if your phone aint working and you need to put the sim on a new phone temporarily? I would suggest you keep them on sim too - just incase of phone failure.

set up a gmail account, sync your phone to it then delete the names from the sim, resync the gmail account to the phone.

Back