• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Saido Berahino

The whole Barahino thing is very strange!
Saudi Sportswashing Machine at least make some sense as they are fighting relegation- but if lad would go there is another question.

Clutching at straws probably - but do you think these 'leaks' could be an attempt to influence ongoing negotiations with a third club, possibly a sexy team managed by an Argentina messiah? Berahino had his heart set on Spurs in the summer. I could see chelsea buying him to be honest. Far more likely than us.

a shelvey/berahino combination would be more than enough to keep them up, explains why they are prepared to go way beyond his value

if peace doesn't take 21m he really is the idiot he appeared to be in august

This is so weird.

he has hardly played, is nowhere near 100% fitness, has visibly put on weight, is shot mentally.

Is this just so Peace finds it easier to get a buyer for the club having more assets?

You would have to say if they have offered 21mil cash up top thats a fantastic deal for a player who has rotted for six months...of course looks like the lad wants to join us but I cant see us playing ball to a bidding war being created by Peace.

If Peace gets 30m for Berahino I wouldn't be questioning his negotiation skills....

He undoubtedly won't tho :)

This is good actually as we need to buy this guy in the summer after the dembele news.

Preferably we bid on summer deadline day in the hope we can get him for something reasonable like 18m

we should put in a bid of what we want. berahino has his part to play in this decision. peace can keep him on the bench, but can't force him to sign for a club he doesn't want to.

The Pritchard loan may well represent a thawing of relations between levy and WBA, but I cannot see Levy paying +25m today, which is what I suspect it'll take to get him. I have a feeling we won't add any significant signings today, which is disappointing given we have a genuine chance of a solid top 4 spot plus 2 trophies still to go for.

Probably highly unlikely but maybe Levy believes there is a reasonable chance of winning the league and is using the same logic as Saudi Sportswashing Machine, ie 25m is worth it if it keeps you from relegation or secures the League, a Champions league place.

Probably not but the Pritchard thing seems odd, irrespective of our duty to the player, he's young enough to have if delayed by 6 months for another pl club

Probably highly unlikely but maybe Levy believes there is a reasonable chance of winning the league and is using the same logic as Saudi Sportswashing Machine, ie 25m is worth it if it keeps you from relegation or secures the League, a Champions league place.

Probably not but the Pritchard thing seems odd, irrespective of our duty to the player, he's young enough to have if delayed by 6 months for another pl club

Tino Aspiralla in 96

Rodney Marsh in 72

Big winter signings can just as easily cost you titles too

Even if we got him today, It's not like he's firing on all cylinders right now is it? Would you want to even risk playing him considering how important every fixture is going to be from here on in?
Now if it was the summer and we had time to get him fighting fit and focused again then sure, end of season I'm all for it.

There's a Villa fan out my way, with some solid professional links to the game and a Birmingham native, who says he knows Berahino has been working hard on his own to stay fit. He says Berahino is being encouraged by good relationships with Spurs players, Kane being one.

So who can say? Maybe he's readier to go than we know.

Tottenham happy to wait until summer to sign Saido Berahino
NEIL ASHTON:
Daniel Levy and Mauricio Pochettino are happy to wait until the summer to sign Saido Berahino from West Brom.

Levy does not want to get into a bidding war with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Stoke for the striker, but is happy to take his chances today and wait until the summer before making their next move.

Spurs do not want to pay £21m for a player who has barely made an appearance in the Premier League this season and are convinced they can get him on the cheap at the end of the season. Berahino wants Spurs and may have to sweat this out at West Brom

There's a Villa fan out my way, with some solid professional links to the game and a Birmingham native, who says he knows Berahino has been working hard on his own to stay fit. He says Berahino is being encouraged by good relationships with Spurs players, Kane being one.

So who can say? Maybe he's readier to go than we know.

That's true, maybe it's just Pulis putting that out there to cover himself etc.

Obviously, anything on SSN must be taken with a pinch of salt but their correspondent at WBA is absolutely adamant that he's spoken to WBA and they will not be selling SB today on the basis they wouldn't have time to bring anyone else in now and they can get good money for him in the summer.
It's looking like a quiet day for us I think. If Harry stays fit all season, shouldn't be a prob…….

It will be t'other Dembele in and Fazio & Pritchard out.

I just like to see Kate Abdo in yellow after work. ;)

Back