• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Safe Standing at Football Matches

Re: O/T Aston Villa back plan to trial standing area

Bristol City are installing rails in their stadium to be used by the rugby club that will start ground sharing with them. Funny how rugby fans are allowed to stand at games.

personally i'd rather sit (i stand on the terraces if I go to St James' Park though), if the option to stand is there and people want to fair enough,

i'm not sure it will happen, at the end of the day I think the clubs/police would rather have the ability to track back to a seat number and if there is any trouble during any trial they will have an excuse to nix it straight away, lets be honest, every club has its share of dingdongheads that will probably get carried away and ruin it for everyone else

That is the beauty of the rail seats, you will still have an allocated and traceable space. If there was any trouble it would be the same as it is now.

Bristol City are installing rails in their stadium to be used by the rugby club that will start ground sharing with them. Funny how rugby fans are allowed to stand at games.

You are allowed to stand in the football league but many clubs don't have it because they want their grounds to be Premier League ready.

It's not the FA or Premier League's decision at the moment. It is illegal to stand in the Premier League, so it would need the government to change the law for it to happen.

I'm not sure whether that's better or worse!! I was all over this cause at one point and would still love for it to happen but this issue gets brought up a lot and never goes anywhere. There's so many things where one country sets an example and we ask our government to follow it but they still don't listen.

That's because us football fans are ruthless drunken trouble makers remember.;)

That is the beauty of the rail seats, you will still have an allocated and traceable space. If there was any trouble it would be the same as it is now.

so you have to stand in a specific spot, you can't wander around feely if you get stuck behind a tall bloke?

0,,~12580547,00.jpeg

I'm not sure whether that's better or worse!! I was all over this cause at one point and would still love for it to happen but this issue gets brought up a lot and never goes anywhere. There's so many things where one country sets an example and we ask our government to follow it but they still don't listen.

That's because there aren't many votes to be won in changing the law.

That's because there aren't many votes to be won in changing the law.

I know, there's none to be lost really either though.

Really envy the bloody Germans. Good economy, good food, good culture, standing at football, cheaper prices, better pub opening times... Anyone would've thought it was them who won the wars! :p

I know, there's none to be lost really either though.

Really envy the bloody Germans. Good economy, good food, good culture, standing at football, cheaper prices, better pub opening times... Anyone would've thought it was them who won the wars! :p

The Hillsborough victims families would very vocally oppose any change and might find the media supportive. Also, if there was an incident after a change, the government would take the blame.

There's more chance of someone falling down and getting injured in a steep, all-seater stand than with these rails.

There's more chance of someone falling down and getting injured in a steep, all-seater stand than with these rails.

Absolutely but no one could join the blame on the current government for that

You are allowed to stand in the football league but many clubs don't have it because they want their grounds to be Premier League ready.

Sorry, this was ********. Standing is outlawed in the top two divisions but I believe that clubs entering the Championship have a grace period to make the changes and fans can stand during this time.

I went to a Spurs preseason friendly at Fulham when Graham was manager and they were in the Championship and they still had terracing.

Tell me about it, I've only ever been in the upper tier of the Park Lane once and when I was up there I felt like I was walking down a mountain as I went to take my seat.

Tell me about it, I've only ever been in the upper tier of the Park Lane once and when I was up there I felt like I was walking down a mountain as I went to take my seat.

Bringing in all seated stadiums was always an overreaction and not based on evidence but there was outright hostility to football and football fans at the time from the government. We should think ourselves lucky that they failed in their attempt to bring in a national supporter ID scheme.

I remember standing at a few lower league games with my feet frozen (boxing day football matches with my uncles) stamping my feet to keep some feeling in them.

I remember standing at a few lower league games with my feet frozen (boxing day football matches with my uncles) stamping my feet to keep some feeling in them.

We'll have under terrace heating in the new WHL

Back