• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

He was our best player yesterday. Added energy, forward passing, creativity and and got involved well.

I don't get why people say he played well 'for him' - he faded last year but had some stormers and showed a good level of promise moving forwards

eh? who? i was talking about mason and dembele in midfield. very fluid partnership, good transitions in attack and defence.

Mason played alongside Dier in the middle. Dembele had the roaming role from the right, although spent time all over the pitch and was more often in the middle. I'm assuming you meant that those two with Dier were a good combination, which I agree with.

I thought it was Mason going off against Stoke that actually cared the bigger downturn, than that of Kane's departure. Tactically anyway - Kane going was probably a bigger boost mentally for Stoke, knowing we had sweet any adams up front to threaten them back with!

He was our best player yesterday [vs Stoke]. Added energy, forward passing, creativity and and got involved well.

Yes, he was good against Stoke but we haven't got any posts in this thread for the Leicester or Everton games as far as I can see. Shame as Mason's been very good.

He ran out of steam when moved wide right in the last game, but was a constant threat til then.

Here is some more good stuff from the OS; worth remembering he was injured, trying to get a game for the U21s a year ago.

Just over a year ago, Ryan Mason was on his way back from a knee injury, working hard at Hotspur Way and preparing for an Under-21 match against Southampton at the Lane.

A year on, he's with the England squad preparing for Euro 2016 qualifiers against San Marino and Switzerland.
It's the third time the energetic midfielder has been selected by Roy Hodgson.
His first call came in March and he won his first cap off the bench in the friendly against Italy in Turin.
He was back in the squad again in June but suffered a knee injury in training that ruled him out of the start of pre-season.
After putting in the hours to recover, he was ready to take his place on the bench in our Premier League opener at United on August 8 and he's impressed in three starts since then, performances that have seen him selected for the Three Lions again this week alongside Harry Kane.
Ryan remembers exactly where he was a year ago and speaking exclusively to us ahead of joining the England squad, insists he's as hungry as ever...
This is your third call-up now Ryan, how does that feel?
Ryan Mason: "It's a great feeling and just shows all the hard work and sacrifices I've made over the years are more than worth it."
Could you have dreamt of this a year ago?
Ryan: "Not at all, no, this time last year I just wanted to get game time in a Spurs shirt. That was my focus."
And you've done exactly that. Has your perspective changed now that you are a key part of the squad and you've essentially achieved what you wanted to do a year ago?
Ryan: "It makes me hungry to achieve more. I have a gaffer who has faith in me so I'm in a position now where I feel I'm only going to improve as a player and a person."

Turning back to the present day and Spurs, first of all, are you happy with your form?
Ryan: "Yes, I feel I've started the season well and definitely improved on last season."
We're sitting on three points after four games but with the performances we've put in, we could easily be on 10. What are the players saying about the start of the season?
Ryan: "The way we are playing, we know the results will come. We've outplayed every team we've come up against this season. We want to get that winning feeling back as soon as possible and Sunderland away next time out (September 12) is a big game for us."

Was our best passer, really nice goal.

Shows his bravery/bite.

Will be funny if he's the guy that owns the midfield spot this season after everyone wanting him to be upgraded last season.

it doesnt really matter what everyone thinks because Poch has full faith in him and is probably one of the first names on the teamsheet when fit. He was never going to be upgraded

Dier and Mason were our best players today, and then Mason scored.

That run from deep is so hard to defend against, that is what we need more of.

Rather than a stationery three receiving the ball and looking non-plussed, we need runners from deep to break the lines and cause confusion.

Alli can do this very well, usually.

Good to see Mason's run rewarded with a goal, he has broken through on goal in (almost?) every game so far this season and been unlucky, that was a great finish today.

Back