• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ryan Mason

Surely the main CM in a side that came 5th is good enough to be starting for a top 5 side, rather than a top 12 side?

He also kept Dembele out of the side on form for Poch's first year (prior to his injury). Yes, Dembele has edged ahead now, but Mason is 4 years younger and I think perfectly capable of reclaiming that place.

I agree whole heartedly with your first paragraph but Dembele is mikes ahead of Mason and is quite unique in the way he plays and how we play because of him

And @Kandi1977 my comment was to blame Mason when everyone else in the team was playing toss/not playing their best at the time is completely stupid

It's why I brought up the defence of Carroll who was blamed by some for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine defeat .... Yet we were winning whilst he was playing

Surely the main CM in a side that came 5th is good enough to be starting for a top 5 side, rather than a top 12 side?

He also kept Dembele out of the side on form for Poch's first year (prior to his injury). Yes, Dembele has edged ahead now, but Mason is 4 years younger and I think perfectly capable of reclaiming that place.

You do realise it is possible to achieve a high finish, and still improve upon a squad don't yoy? Where do you think we would have finished without Kane or Eriksen during that season for example?

Do you think Barcelona are saying "we won the league this season so let's not bother strengthening the squad at all"? Not saying we carried him and Bentaleb, but using the same arguement over and over i.e. we finished 5th so that means they are good enough is a fallacy.

Mason is a fine squad player but at this moment in time, I see him as nothing more and nowhere near good enough to be starting for us, in any position.

Mason is a fine squad player but at this moment in time, I see him as nothing more and nowhere near good enough to be starting for us, in any position.

We finished last season with a clear first choice 11 and Mason was not in that. I would be prepared to bet any money you like with anyone, that we will not finish this coming season with the same 11 players being our first choice. There will be surprises too, some of the lesser rated players both in the team and out will have a good season and some of the rated players will suffer poor form or injuries.

We finished last season with a clear first choice 11 and Mason was not in that. I would be prepared to bet any money you like with anyone, that we will not finish this coming season with the same 11 players being our first choice. There will be surprises too, some of the lesser rated players both in the team and out will have a good season and some of the rated players will suffer poor form or injuries.

Granted, but as things stand I just don't see what he brings to the table, defensively or going forward.

f91ecc200e9d.gif

While GB tends to be prone to exaggeration in order to try to add weight to his points (i.e. playing Kane at number 10 to play Janssen at number 9 would be like playing Lloris left back to accommodate Vorm in goal) I would say that Mason is one of our more creative players. I wouldn't have him second behind Lamela, but it is probably only Lamela, Eriksen and Alli who are in front of him in our squad currently.

Back