• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rum Hangovers

I can't stand G & T, think it tastes disgusting!! I remember my parents always drinking the stuff when I was younger. I always wanted to try some but, even as I grew older, the taste never grew on me.

G&T is lovely and so is Pimms - theyre both great refreshing summer drinks.

I myself love whiskey on the rocks - simple yet effective and hits the spot but in the summer it really isnt the drink that is as refreshing as the other two.

Pimms is lovely

im not sure how Gin can be described as refreshing - it's anything but

Pimms is lovely

im not sure how Gin can be described as refreshing - it's anything but
Try Gin, Angostura Bitters, Dry Martini, Bitter Lemon and loads of crushed ice as a hair of the dog and tell me it ain't refreshing, I think you may be very pleasantly surprised.

I like G&T too, not sure who it was said they couldn't stand it (ah, young PLJ, maybe it's an age thing ;) ), never tried Pink Gin though apart from in the recipe above.

Last edited:
I'd be more inclined to count the affect of alcohol rather than sugar meself when planning a hangover.

Well naturally, but the added sugar content, whether in the alcoholic part of the drink or the mixer, will only make matters worse.

As for the G&T drinkers out there, try and find a good quality tonic water made with real quinine (ie. not that Schwepps crap in a plastic bottle) and it makes such a difference on the quality of the drink. Man, I'm getting thirsty...

Well naturally, but the added sugar content, whether in the alcoholic part of the drink or the mixer, will only make matters worse.

As for the G&T drinkers out there, try and find a good quality tonic water made with real quinine (ie. not that Schwepps crap in a plastic bottle) and it makes such a difference on the quality of the drink. Man, I'm getting thirsty...
Fever Tree. With a large measure of Sipsmith gin. Lovely.

Try Gin, Angostura Bitters, Dry Martini, Bitter Lemon and loads of crushed ice as a hair of the dog and tell me it ain't refreshing, I think you may be very pleasantly surprised.

reading that list of contents there is already making me parched - Gin, Dry Martini, Bitter Lemon - couldn't think of anything worse for if i was in need of refreshment :lol:

reading that list of contents there is already making me parched - Gin, Dry Martini, Bitter Lemon - couldn't think of anything worse for if i was in need of refreshment :lol:
I woke with the hangover from hell after a night in the cells once, I was dragged down the pub, had one of those put in my hand and I was good to go within thirty minutes.

Captain Morgan Spiced is a very dangerous drink.

So easy to drink neat, it's very easy to destroy a whole bottle in a very short space of time.

I suspect the "Kraken" dark spiced I have sitting starring at me now will be a lot less by this time tomorrow.

...........and so it proved :frown:

6.45pm and I still have the headache from hell. Jeez...........

Back