• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rosetta Stone

No, but i am learning French with Michel Thomas and its great. I had real big problems with the way french was taught at school but now all these years later i am flying with him (or sort of).

He also does Spanish and German.

Ment to be very good, haven't tried it myself but I know a few that have. Great to do as a family too. Kids enjoy it.

Been looking at evening classes and they are too infrequent, only 2 hours per week.

The demo was great, it's how babies learn a language, via matching words with pictures

No, but i am learning French with Michel Thomas and its great. I had real big problems with the way french was taught at school but now all these years later i am flying with him (or sort of).

The bloke who won the league for arsenal?

My brother has it and has the whole family on it, his daughter is starting senior school next October and bought the Italian package..will give her a good basic starting point, think its around ?ú400 (not sure). One of the most daunting things about senior school I felt was languages. If you didn't get it it used to be a horrible lesson. Gives her a head start. Because its almost like a practical lesson its certainly bore free.. each section on the levels is about 5-10 minutes so she can do one everyday so its not over bearing.

It is apparently downloadable for free......

Morally not good though, they've invested in making a great product

Although ?ú400, I'm sure its going to get his usage, a few friends and family have asked to borrow it.

It is apparently downloadable for free......

Morally not good though, they've invested in making a great product

cough cough. Links please, is it just spainish or other languages?

I have been trying to learn german for years as where we have a house in latvia german is the main language and latvian is very much like german well in the south and coast it is, east is more russain but aint even going to bother with that fudging language.

It's not bad, but I don't think it's a better substitute than speaking with someone who knows the language - learnt more Czech speaking with the missus than with Rosetta.

But as said, it gives a good grounding and is worth a freebie d/l.

I, uh, acquired Rosetta stone and started Spanish. Its brilliant but I kept annoying the missus, it's a noisy old business. Haven't got that deep into it, so I'm not sure how great it is for structured verse. But it'll definitely get your vocab up.

cough cough. Links please, is it just spainish or other languages?

I have been trying to learn german for years as where we have a house in latvia german is the main language and latvian is very much like german well in the south and coast it is, east is more russain but aint even going to bother with that fudging language.

Got to be worth it just to tell Pav to fudge OFF.

How much is that Michel Thomas one? Rosetta Stone is way too much money

I always thought Rosetta Stone was just some bird who did the translation until last night. Mate in the pub told me about the real source of the name. Blew my little head open

What are your reasons for learning another language?

The only other language I speak is some Turkish as I go on holiday to Cyprus (the Turkish part) and think it is good if I can speak a bit of the lingo. I have no idea how to spell the words, or the gramma, but I can speak what I need to speak and it extends further than asking for a beer.

I have never paid for a lesson, just whenever I go down the chippy the blokes in there are all Turks so I ask them, and then write it how it sounds.

Back