• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rooney ,wants out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason the press have made such a huge thing of this for half the season is because Rooney is "England's great hope"...

Running down a list of possibles:

Real Madrid - Without knowing who will manage there next year, it's hard to say. Real Madrid could get far more clinical strikers for Rooney for cheaper. Rooney's problem again is that he'd only really be considered for the number 9 position. I don't see why anyone would pay 35-40 mil for a player that is nowhere near the level that a 35-40 mil striker should be at.

PSG - A good fit, especially if big nose leaves. I haven't watched them that much in the league this year, but from the few times I have and the matches I've seen of theirs in the CL, they could use someone of Rooney's talents. In addition to the amazing young players they have, they also went for Beckham, so they don't mind getting publicity even if it means paying for a big name instead of going for a value for money option instead.

Emirates Marketing Project - If there is a team that has liked to spend a lot of money on an English player in the recent past, City is that team. They were looking at better striking options than Rooney, but he could play off the striker for them too and even in the "wide" positions for them. They might change the way they throw money at their playing staff due to FFP, but in the past they haven't minded paying huge wages... So they have to ask themselves 2 questions: Will spending a lorryload of money on Rooney prevent them from signing a better player for possibly less money? The second question is simply whether trading 35 million or so for Rooney would be strengthening or weaking United. Of course simply subtracting Rooney from United weakens them, but if City take Rooney but fund the majority of Falcao's transfer for United, that's not really weakening United.

Chelsea - No. Simply doesn't fit. If they get some very strange manager then there might be a chance but Chelsea transfers in recent years haven't really worked like that anyway. Chelsea have an insane amount of number 10s, if they use Rooney as a number 9 and possibly wide sometimes. After Shevchenko and Torres, I think they're more likely to sign Falcao than Rooney if they do want to sign a big player. If they get their fingers burned constantly when it comes to strikers they're going to suffer when it comes to FFP. They can't just afford a swing and a miss all the time... But most importantly, Liverpool managed to blow most of their Torres money on Andy Carroll. I don't think Chelsea can risk strengthening United by paying too much for Rooney.

I agree with much of your post, but a couple of points here I disagree with.

I think Rooney fits the traditional Real transfer strategy very well. Big profile, very good, often expensive signings. Seems to fit like a charm. Some tactical objections, what's his best position etc? Hasn't stopped them in the past, seems very much like they just sign top class players and then it's up to the manager/head coach to make them fit together.

Chelsea: Similar objections, I don't quite see how you can look at the Torres and Shevchenko signings and say "well, they've learned their lessons". To me it seems more likely that they will repeat mistakes from the past. If they get Mourinho though he's most likely going to demand some control in the transfer market, wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho thought he could get the best out of Rooney again though.

City: Yeah, they would sign him if they can afford it and they can get him. Almost no certainly.

PSG as you say, another destination that seems like a good fit.

In short, plenty of clubs for him to go to.

Re: **Official Other Games Thread, Season 2012/13**

wow - Rooney did ask for a transfer - Confirmed by Ferguson

Rooney got booed quite heavily when picking up his medal. Who will he go too though?

Real madrid?
Barcelona?
City?
PSG?
Chelski?

I cannot see him going abroad, not the type I'd imagine to want to learn a language or play in a warmer climate.

never gonna happen/1...best odds youll get

:lol:

It's got the be the Moyes thing as well as the lack of recent playing time. And to be fair Ferguson can't moan about that because he holds grudges with the best of them. As seen in the 'not playing Rooney once he has a better striker' thing.

Yes please. In my dreams.

Rumours now that Arse are also in for Rooney, but they will also struggle with his wage demands. I can't really see United selling him to one of their rivals anyway, at least not while Ferguson is still pulling the strings. He'll probably end up at PSG if he goes.

Yes please. In my dreams.

Rumours now that Arse are also in for Rooney, but they will also struggle with his wage demands. I can't really see United selling him to one of their rivals anyway, at least not while Ferguson is still pulling the strings. He'll probably end up at PSG if he goes.

With France's Tax though wouldn't they have to pay him a ludicrous amount just to have him on his take home home salary now?

I think he'll end up at Bayern...

If Mourinho returns to Chelsea, I can see him trying to sign Rooney. Whether Man Utd would sell to a rival is another matter though.

Spanish football expert Guillem Balague tweets: "Wayne Rooney was offered to Barcelona and Real Madrid and both have decided he is not the player they need."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back