• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roger Ibanez

They were banking on CL football from what I could gather from following Lazio.

Problem is, for all the cup stuff they have been average in the league TBH
I think in some ways it was a typical Mourinho type managerial performance. They were in a good position in the league and then their form fell away towards the end as they seemed to prioritise winning the Europa League over finishing in 4th place. Fair play to them in some ways.

I think in some ways it was a typical Mourinho type managerial performance. They were in a good position in the league and then their form fell away towards the end as they seemed to prioritise winning the Europa League over finishing in 4th place. Fair play to them in some ways.

Of course but that's the pitfall of competition knock out football, one bad result of being dumped out and if you prioritise it over CL or at least fail to reach CL you will bleed out longer term. Its also not helpful in the manager situation as his heads now being turned, in part I imagine from lack of CL football

Their form wasn’t great all season
Real mixed bag
They focussed on not scoring and avoiding defeat too much

Real mixed bag

Football suited to cups but outdated in league terms. Go behind, no plan B, also requires the ruthless attackers he doesn't have anymore.

They were dire to watch at times, played a few games with all strikers on bench and not in a Emirates Marketing Project vibe.

Interestingly the Italian press and even local Rome press gave him pelters for the cup final actions (I didn't see it) fee local Roma reporters said he was embarrassing

Football suited to cups but outdated in league terms. Go behind, no plan B, also requires the ruthless attackers he doesn't have anymore.

They were dire to watch at times, played a few games with all strikers on bench and not in a Emirates Marketing Project vibe.

Interestingly the Italian press and even local Rome press gave him pelters for the cup final actions (I didn't see it) fee local Roma reporters said he was embarrassing
Not sure it was good in the cups
They got lucky that feyenoord ran out of legs in the semi
They went out do the Italian cup to Cremonese

Real mixed bag
Loss, Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw. Draw, Loss was their form between reaching the Europa League semi finals and playing the Europa League final.

A tad over 1.9 points per game prior to that and then 0.57 points per game in that period. They might’ve come up a few points short anyway but that was the problem period.

it was that which cost them.

Loss, Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw. Draw, Loss was their form between reaching the Europa League semi finals and playing the Europa League final.

A tad over 1.9 points per game prior to that and then 0.57 points per game in that period. They might’ve come up a few points short anyway but that was the problem period.

Only getting 50 goals all season is going to burn you and catch up with you though too, not looking like turning any of those draws into wins, they had a similar period early to mid season too. Negative tactics as much as differing priorities absolutely killed them

It was a lack of goals that cost them
They were awful in front of goal and barely created much

It was a lack of goals that cost them
They were awful in front of goal and barely created much
Yes but still clearly getting 0.57 points per game between reaching the Europa League semi final and playing in the final was critical. They would’ve been close (though probably ultimately just missed out) had they kept up their 1.9ppg average.
We know though that Mourinho would prioritise a trophy over a 4th place finish and rightly so IMO.

Yes but still clearly getting 0.57 points per game between reaching the Europa League semi final and playing in the final was critical. They would’ve been close (though probably ultimately just missed out) had they kept up their 1.9ppg average.
We know though that Mourinho would prioritise a trophy over a 4th place finish and rightly so IMO.
They lacked points because they couldn’t score in those latter games. They were just so poor in front of goal. A very defensive set up. If he had got his team attacking they could have won more.
Mou didn’t start resting players until very late in the season
His lack of goals were a problem all season

They lacked points because they couldn’t score in those latter games. They were just so poor in front of goal. A very defensive set up. If he had got his team attacking they could have won more.
Mou didn’t start resting players until very late in the season
His lack of goals were a problem all season
Yet got them 1.9ppg to the point that they reached the Europa League semi finals and then 0.57ppg from then until they played in the final.

Mourinho will rarely get his teams attacking,.
it’s not how he operates and why I was so against him becoming Spurs manager. What he is good at though is winning trophies. Which is why it was bonkers of us to sack him at the exact point we did.

Yet got them 1.9ppg to the point that they reached the Europa League semi finals and then 0.57ppg from then until they played in the final.

it’s not how he operates and why I was so against him becoming Spurs manager. What he is good at though is winning trophies. Which is why it was bonkers of us to sack him at the exact point we did.
Can’t argue with the last bit
The first part is factually correct but very misleading
You will never achieve anything in the league scoring so few goals IMO
They ended up with a plus 12 GD flea it’s having a defensive set up and some really good tacking players
That’s because Jose’s system failed

Can’t argue with the last bit
The first part is factually correct but very misleading
You will never achieve anything in the league scoring so few goals IMO
They ended up with a plus 12 GD flea it’s having a defensive set up and some really good tacking players
That’s because Jose’s system failed

Get away with it at Roma, but it why United sacked him, all well and go winning a few bits there but if you don't look like playing any type of proactive football week in week out or you are beaten at home looking like you are not trying the the fans turn quickly. Teams are different now, especially in England, you can't afford to sit back and not expect to be punished.

We all want to win things but big clubs need CL football too, thats why he is too much of a risk for them now

If they had good league form whilst reaching the semis i don't really see the argument that focusing on the cup can be blamed for the drop off between semi & final tbh

If they had good league form whilst reaching the semis i don't really see the argument that focusing on the cup can be blamed for the drop off between semi & final tbh
I suppose it depends on whether they started to rest players for the league games once they got deep into the Cup competition.

I haven't followed Roma's form this season at all, but your response appears to say it all. They had good form until the semis, then focused on that conpeition at the expense of their league form which had up until that point been significantly better.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Back