• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Definitely give him time and we as fans should be patient. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see him get back to a very high level fairly quickly once he starts getting minutes.

I think he's a brilliant player

I'm very happy to see we are managing him back slowly, I don't think he will need long but we know from quotes he (Bentancur) was pushing to get back into training earlier and Ange told him no.

In form, with the early season platform, he could make a big difference to 2nd half of season.

U21s play Sunderland away on Friday and then Peterborough in the EFL cup next Tuesday. Wonder if he might get some minutes in either of those games.

I thought he was our most consistent player before he got his injury, lets hope he returns well.

Said it before

- Conte's two man midfield was an impossible ask and every player put there struggled except Bentancur, he's the one who made that system work (with him in Conte's side we were in top 4 form, without him our form wasn't worth top 10)

Sarr is a talent, but Bentancur is a level up (Sarr has time to develop), I'm really interested in Bissouma, Bentancur, Maddison, knowing they have cover behind them

Said it before

- Conte's two man midfield was an impossible ask and every player put there struggled except Bentancur, he's the one who made that system work (with him in Conte's side we were in top 4 form, without him our form wasn't worth top 10)

Sarr is a talent, but Bentancur is a level up (Sarr has time to develop), I'm really interested in Bissouma, Bentancur, Maddison, knowing they have cover behind them

Fully agree. He made that really difficult role possible. And there are quite a few similarities between that role and the role Sarr currently plays, except less of an impossible ask.

Was concerned about our midfield options in the summer and had real concerns about Bentancur as the deepest midfielder in this system. But now Bissouma has made that role his own, Maddison has slottet in perfectly. The third role looks almost custom made to Bentancur.

If we get to see that trio, all at full fitness and in good form... Really excited about that.

Don't get me wrong, I do rate Sarr. His impact this season has been fantastic for such a young player in a team with a lot of new faces particularly. But Bentancur is just at a different level on the ball while still offering most of the things Sarr do at a similar level.

Fully agree. He made that really difficult role possible. And there are quite a few similarities between that role and the role Sarr currently plays, except less of an impossible ask.

Was concerned about our midfield options in the summer and had real concerns about Bentancur as the deepest midfielder in this system. But now Bissouma has made that role his own, Maddison has slottet in perfectly. The third role looks almost custom made to Bentancur.

If we get to see that trio, all at full fitness and in good form... Really excited about that.

Don't get me wrong, I do rate Sarr. His impact this season has been fantastic for such a young player in a team with a lot of new faces particularly. But Bentancur is just at a different level on the ball while still offering most of the things Sarr do at a similar level.

He's had a big injury though. Hopefully he can get back to his best.

Great to see him back.

I think he will push us forwards when he is up to speed. Like Maddison he just knows what is going on around him and when to release the ball.

If Johnson also comes in for Richalison we could see a left side of Udogie, Maddison and Johnson with Porro, Bentancur and Kulusevski on the right.

On paper that should give us plenty of strength, pace and movement down both sides.

U21s play Sunderland away on Friday and then Peterborough in the EFL cup next Tuesday. Wonder if he might get some minutes in either of those games.

Or maybe not! Straight into the mix! I do wonder if there might have been a behind closed door friendly during the international break.

Great to see him get a few minutes.

He needs to play ahead of Sarr. He can give us extra creativity going forwards and we’re going to need it.

If opponents can shut down Maddison defensively then what do we do? I can see that being Chelsea’s gameplan next week and Bentancur won’t be ready to start. If Maddison is starved of the ball and then closed out as much as possible when we have the ball then where does our creativity come from?

Bentancur was excellent last season until his injury, great to see him back. I think our new playstyle will be a perfect match for him. Can’t wait to see him back in full flow.

Great to see him back! I was at the game where he got injured and was there last night for his return. What is the song they sing about from? Sounds like an 80s or 90s kids show “he’s the reason we’ll be playing on Wednesday next season”

Great to see him back! I was at the game where he got injured and was there last night for his return. What is the song they sing about from? Sounds like an 80s or 90s kids show “he’s the reason we’ll be playing on Wednesday next season”

He's the reason,
We'll be playing on wednesday next season,
He came with his mate from Sweden,
Rodriog Bentancur

Back