• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rodrigo Bentancur

Injuries happen, it's a fact of football life. You mitigate by having alternatives/competition for specific roles. This needs to be a lesson that we need another passing capable CM as competition but also in support of Bentancur. His loss has been catastrophic, everything decent was built on the back of his presence.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Lets not pin our hope on one player, we were still pretty useless even with him in the team.

Lets not pin our hope on one player, we were still pretty useless even with him in the team.

Points don't say that (agree with our general style/quality of play)

Too lazy to look it up, but I'd expect our points return with Bentancur in the team is top 4 level (from end of last season to his injury this time)

Too lazy to look it up, but I'd expect our points return with Bentancur in the team is top 4 level (from end of last season to his injury this time)

This season it's 37 points from 18 matches in the league - which would be 78 points across the whole season.

Not sure about last season, though from the day he signed we got 35 points from 18 matches - 74 points across a whole season. (Don't know how many of those 18 matches he was injured for though).

Here are the stats for Benta in the PL this year.

With:
11W - 1D - 6L
34 pts - 1.9 pts/game (72 pts for the season)

Without:
5W - 5D - 6L
20 pts - 1.25 pts/game (48 pts for the season)

Massive difference.

If Bentancur didn't get that injury I think Conte would still be manager right now - that's how big a miss he is IMO....

Here are the stats for Benta in the PL this year.

With:
11W - 1D - 6L
34 pts - 1.9 pts/game (72 pts for the season)

Without:
5W - 5D - 6L
20 pts - 1.25 pts/game (48 pts for the season)

Massive difference.

Final numbers (think you missed a draw in early compilation)

With -> P18, W11, 2D, 5L, 35 points, 1.94/game, 73 point season? (would have been 4th, and that's with Lloris and Dier playing every game)
Without -> P20, W7, 4D, 9L, 25 points, 1.25/game, 47 point season? (would have finished 12th, Chelsea's position)

Obviously team form has a part to do with it, but that's a stark difference

He has been a massive miss for us since his injury, i know Kane will get POS for us but IF Benty had kept fit and kept his form going i think he would have got my vote.

Back