• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rocksmith 2014 / learning guitar..... any other users

RomanzoCriminale

David Bentley
Anyone else on here using Rocksmith 2014 (or earlier Rocksmith), i've played guitar most my life, did the band thing and was a pretty good rhythm guitarist but never really learned lead, but could play a bit. I wanted my kids to learn guitar and saw this so bought them the guitar bundle for PS3 and decided while they were learning i'd see if it could improve my lead technique.

Have to say i've been really impressed with it so far, my daughter having never picked up a guitar before has mastered about 20% of about 5 songs so far in a couple of weeks. Its really intuitive in that it starts you from scratch and adds in notes as you get better.

I picked up the game, lead and an epiphone les paul guitar on amazon for £104 on an amazon offer, the guitar was worth that alone.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocksmith-2014-Epiphone-Paul-Guitar/dp/B00CMJ1I2Q/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1392894475&sr=1-3&keywords=rocksmith+2014+edition+ps3

Anyone wanting to learn guitar should look into it, they do a ps3, xbox, mac and pc version.

Never heard of this but recently got a PS3. I've always wanted to improve my lead playing. Does it work with any guitar or do you need a specific one? I have an Epi Dot

Also is it just a Guitar Hero for real guitars? Does this genuinely improve lead playing or just help learn the songs built on the game?

Never heard of this but recently got a PS3. I've always wanted to improve my lead playing. Does it work with any guitar or do you need a specific one? I have an Epi Dot

Also is it just a Guitar Hero for real guitars? Does this genuinely improve lead playing or just help learn the songs built on the game?

Yes, works with any electric guitar, you do need the special lead that you can purchase with the game or seperately, its basically a guitar lead with an adaptor to go into USB.

This link should give you an idea of what its like, i never played guitar hero but i guess its a similar concept:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14t2Fr293qo

I would say on its own its not going to teach you everything because it doesn't teach you to read scored music, but it will certainly make learning a lot easier and more fun, they reckon after 60 days (1hr per day) you'll be able to play. There's things like riff repeater where when your learning a song you can specify a section to keep learning until you get it right. Mini sub games similar to space invaders or duck shoot where you play the correct string or note to fire. I would definitely recommend it for improving lead playing, you can also learn bass or rhythm.

It comes with a broad selection of about 50 songs to learn, plus there are loads more online to download and they keep adding more weekly (only downer is you have to pay for these). I ended up buying it for my mac as well, you can use the same lead, i work from home a lot and have found myself plugging in when i take a break.

I play guitar and I like Rocksmith but I get a bit of lag so it messes up my rhythm.

Back