• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Robin Williams RIP

Alan Brazil = utter cretin

I agree he shouldnt have said what he said. I think he could have said it better and perhaps not the ideal timing but what I think he meant was that suicide hurts those around him moreso than himself - a selfish act if it were. Anyways best not start this debate.

Just shouldn't have said it live on air in this day and age people are too sensitive to the truth.

I agree he shouldnt have said what he said. I think he could have said it better and perhaps not the ideal timing but what I think he meant was that suicide hurts those around him moreso than himself - a selfish act if it were. Anyways best not start this debate.

But that's just so ignorant of what the person who committed suicide (suicidee?) went through leading up. Mental health is a horrible little bitch that only now people are starting to get sympathy for.

Too many people like to big note themselves and just play the old "have a spoonful of cement and harden up", "back in my day ...", "how could a Hollywood superstar with multi-millions and millions of people that love you be depressed", but that's all rational thoughts and mental illness is irrational.

It's a chemical imbalance. Plain & simple.

If someone walked into the room with a bullet wound to the head, you would feel sympathy. But a figurative bullet wound to your mental capacity and ability to cope - "oh toughen up ya big sook"

Perhaps leave it to those who knew Williams to call him out on being selfish, but since they seemed to know what he was going through, they are sympathetic and feel that they let HIM down, not the other way.

Cliff note version: Brazil is a cnut.

Someone jumped in front of a train tonight at Chichester station, so my brother in law told me. Happens a lot these days. I will be honest I do not know if it is depression or anxiety but some nights I get this weird feeling and I cant sleep and I feel stressed and my heart beat is going, these are the nights I go out for a run because it is the only thing that calms me down. Hate to think what I would be like if I could not exercise, doing extreme exercise helps me keep calm.

The times in my life when I have problems or am rude to those around me are always when I am not doing enough exercise, it was one of the main reasons I took up cycling years ago. When your out working your body hard it takes away so many problems.

I think he was aware of the pain he'd cause by doing it, and what a wonderful and amazing life he'd had, but addiction combined with some deep sadness he had in his life, obviously made it unbearable living. Mental torment is very difficult to live with. Far worse than physical pain. Life is not always wonderful. You look from a distance and think you would never do such a thing, but you didn't occupy his mind and body and live and breathe its troubles. He just decided he didn't want to do it any more. He saw no hope, just a relapsing of substance abuse and more mental torment. It's likely he gave a great deal of thought to it and it was probably on his mind for many years. RIP.

But that's just so ignorant of what the person who committed suicide (suicidee?) went through leading up. Mental health is a horrible little bitch that only now people are starting to get sympathy for.

Too many people like to big note themselves and just play the old "have a spoonful of cement and harden up", "back in my day ...", "how could a Hollywood superstar with multi-millions and millions of people that love you be depressed", but that's all rational thoughts and mental illness is irrational.

If someone walked into the room with a bullet wound to the head, you would feel sympathy. But a figurative bullet wound to your mental capacity and ability to cope - "oh toughen up ya big sook"

Perhaps leave it to those who knew Williams to call him out on being selfish, but since they seemed to know what he was going through, they are sympathetic and feel that they let HIM down, not the other way.

Mate I agree and it just goes to show what people are fighting that even the comedic multi millionaires face these issues and subsequently taking their own lives.

I'm sure everyone has come out and said this since, but he truly was my favourite actor. I don't think I've blubbed at more films by one actor than his. I even loved Patch Adams! Which seems to be a film a lot write-off as one of his worst. His stand up shows are incredible, his wit and ability to own a room with his humour legendary. What Dreams May Come is a beautiful film, and showcased amongst others how good he was at his craft and not just a one-trick comedy pony.

It's beautiful to see such an outpouring of love since his death was announced, a fine example of how many lives he touched through his profession and humanitarian work.

http://www.reshareworthy.com/robin-williams-meets-koko/#gfJKLrVgLT5tG2Ki.01

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/pictures/watch-robin-williams-13-funniest-impressions-20140811

This video is quite an understated but very relevant and truthful look at the mindset of those that suffer with depression and also addiction.

http://www.upworthy.com/what-is-depression-let-this-animation-with-a-dog-shed-light-on-it?c=ufb4

Since no one has posted it; apparently his family have said he was suffering the early symptoms of Parkinsons.

I think it's at best a bit too simplistic to say that "depression is a chemical imbalance", other than that I agree completely with your sentiments.

Just shouldn't have said it live on air in this day and age people are too sensitive to the truth.

If it's the truth it should be fairly easy to give supporting evidence and probably a fairly wide consensus amongst experts about it too?

Back