• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

VdV, Freund, Soldado... We just love players that give commitment and make us feel like there is less between us and they too are fans. It might be false, that's fine but at least it goes some way not to alienate fans.

Good luck bobby, it's a shame it didn't work that football.
Going to miss all the riveting bobby Ade arguments.
Now he's gone wonder who the haters will on, hope lamella is made of stern stuff.

I honestly wouldn't give a **** if he does; because I know he would never have scored 20 goals in the EPL in his whole career, even if he had played till retirement age...

Agreed. I hope he does go and score a load of goals, for his self esteem, but he was never going to do it here.
I don't hate the bloke, a very likable character and a nice touch with his tweets and wish him all the best.

What a gent.

Nothing but the utmost respect for him. Never moaned and complained, that I know of. He'd continue to try hard after failed attempts, never moaned when being subbed off and just seemed an all round great guy. Horrible last few years for him with losing his child and how his footballing career has gone. I wish him all the best at Villarreal in a country that he no doubt loves and hope he can rekindle his form.

Our fans were absolute pr1cks with Chris Armstrong. He got 15 league goals in his first season, 22 in all comps and had a decent partnership with Teddy. But because he wasn't an exotic signing, he got so much stick.

Soldado seems like a decent fella, but someone like Armstrong must look at the support this guy got and wonder what planet we are living on.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Klinsmann left and our fans expected a like for like replacement. We signed Armstrong from Palace for £4.5m and Clive Wilson on a free from QPR that summer. Don't know who the fans were expecting to replace Klinsmann at the time.

Aaah 442 with wingers - now that was when football was worth watching.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Klinsmann left and our fans expected a like for like replacement. We signed Armstrong from Palace for £4.5m and Clive Wilson on a free from QPR that summer. Don't know who the fans were expecting to replace Klinsmann at the time.

Aaah 442 with wingers - now that was when football was worth watching.

Bergkamp would have been nice.

:(

I have something in my eye.

Honestly that tweet sums up Soldado and why he is so loved by the fans.

A player who has produced eff all on the pitch is universally loved by intelligent Spurs football fans for this reason.

Only 2 years but will be remembered fondly.

Going to check why I have something in the other eye now also.

Jesus I knew he was a top guy but wasn't expecting such a simple but classy farewell. He is still a top striker in my eyes. Just for some reason sometimes moves just don't work out,even for the top players. I have absolutely no doubt he will go on to score many more goals in La Liga and I'm sure myself along with many others will take great satisfaction in seeing him with a smile back on his face celebrating goal after goal...

Remind me never to invite you to a party

My apologies for not joining the mass love-in.... For the record, I do think Bobby is genuinely a nice guy and certainly have no hate for him. As much as anyone else, if not more, I wanted him to succeed and still remember the explosion of joy that followed his goal, and false dawn, against Everton.

But the truth - no matter how unpalatable - is that the guy was a total and unmitigated disaster; and no tweet will change that. I am not particularly enamoured by losers; what I want to see in the team I support are winners - any other quality comes later. They may well be SOBs for all I care, as long as they are successful and contribute to the team.

Ironically in two years Soldado only ended up losing us millions and was a complete flop - yet there are two or three pages of eulogies at his departure.

Berbatov earned us millions in profit when he left, had won us a cup and was one of our biggest successes in the EPL era; yet he is still reviled by many on this board.

My apologies for not joining the mass love-in.... For the record, I do think Bobby is genuinely a nice guy and certainly have no hate for him. As much as anyone else, if not more, I wanted him to succeed and still remember the explosion of joy that followed his goal, and false dawn, against Everton.

But the truth - no matter how unpalatable - is that the guy was a total and unmitigated disaster; and no tweet will change that. I am not particularly enamoured by losers; what I want to see in the team I support are winners - any other quality comes later. They may well be SOBs for all I care, as long as they are successful and contribute to the team.

Ironically in two years Soldado only ended up losing us millions and was a complete flop - yet there are two or three pages of eulogies at his departure.

Berbatov earned us millions in profit when he left, had won us a cup and was one of our biggest successes in the EPL era; yet he is still reviled by many on this board.

I don't see anyone saying his time with us was a success.

I think people are reacting to his class as a person. I wouldn't shake Berbatovs hand as quickly as Soldados if i saw them in the street ... i think it's his decency and dignity that allows people to relate to him.

gutted it didn't work out, still a class act on his exit, I hope he gets his mojo back, I'll be following his career with interest

I think people are reacting to his class as a person. I wouldn't shake Berbatovs hand as quickly as Soldados if i saw them in the street ... i think it's his decency and dignity that allows people to relate to him.

I think you've may have just sent some people off in search of a dictionary.

:p

Maybe I've become the arch pragmatist... but do you honestly think that if it had worked out differently, Soldado had a stormer of a first season and a top 4 club came in with wads of cash, he would have acted differently from Berba?

Back