• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Why? Because the whole thing stinks of the loser attitude that has plagued this club for half a century, where we have been content to be also-rans as long as we did it the "Tottenham way". Because it is a perpetuation of the "it's ok we lost as long as we were entertaining" myth that I can remember since I started supporting the club in the mid-70s.

Do I wish Soldado the best of luck? Of course. I always do, especially when a player leave to play outside England. This is not directed at Soldado who I genuinely believe did his best.

But if you don;t see anything wrong in this mass orgasm of adulation and hero worship for one of the biggest flops in our EPL history, then - again - please count me out of the party... It takes more than a soppy tweet to get me excited!

claming off decent people who don't succeed is how arseholes act not winners.

Re: Soldado - Official!

This is a timely signing as it will help us deal with the Bale saga. Don't know much about Soldado as don't follow Spanish League that much but hope he will turn out to be a good signing for us. Spending 26m on a 28 year old is a big gamble but hope he will settle down well and score atleast 20 league goals. It has been a long long time since we had a striker who scored more than 20 league goals.

Yeah, you always knew he wouldn't succeed!

Re: Soldado - Official! - Medical Completed!!

We always drag our feet about signing any players. But this time we managed to sign him early but took our own time to complete his medical instead. Atleast we managed to complete the signing without any problems !:p

With Soldado deal completed, we only need to sign the following players to strengthen the squad further :
Hulk
Dzagoev
Pastore
Bernard
Lamela
A quality defender

We can then forget about Bale and dream about challenging for the league title !\o/

Apparently with his signing can think about challenging for the title!

And this little snippet from the Capoue thread:

"Don't understand why we need another defensive midfielder. Thought with Sandro, Paulinho and Dembele we got enough defensive midfielders. We should be buying a defender and a attacking midfielder or playmaker instead. This is the area that troubled us most last season as we conceded too many goals and didn't create enough chances for attack as well. Still don't know who is going to create the goals for us next season.

Anyway, we should be buying players from the "outstanding" category like Paulinho and Soldado instead of the "decent" category like Chadli and Capoue."

Outstanding, eh?

Maybe I've become the arch pragmatist... but do you honestly think that if it had worked out differently, Soldado had a stormer of a first season and a top 4 club came in with wads of cash, he would have acted differently from Berba?

you could say that about anyone though, you can't judge a person on how you think they would react in a given circumstance, only on how they have actually behaved in the circumstance
A player who left two summers ago wrote:
“I would like to thank everyone at the Club, the Chairman, Board, staff, coaches and players – and most of all the fantastic fans who I hope will understand this amazing career opportunity.
“I am not sure there is ever a good time to leave a club where I felt settled and was playing the best football of my career to date. I know many players talk of their desire to join the club of their boyhood dreams, but I can honestly say, this is my dream come true.
“I am well aware that I would not be at the level I am today were it not for firstly Southampton and then Spurs standing by me during some of the tougher times and affording me the environment and support they have.
Tottenham will always be in my heart and I’m sure that this season will be a successful one for them. I am now looking forward to the next exciting chapter in my life, playing football for Real Madrid."

The only difference was that he was the most successful and brilliant player of the past two decades who played his heart out for the team and single handedly dragged us to wins in a way that Soldado could only dream of and who respected the club impeccably for the duration of his Spurs career

What was the response from the fans on his departure? Well let's just say it was far more muted... Very few Good Lucks to be found in the Bale thread, in comparison....

But then, as I said, it seems we love to worship plucky failures....

I got a Madrid shirt with his name on and after his goal in The Final declared him one of the best players in the world, I've never worshipped a player more than Bale, if I had a womb I'd have his babies (I reserve the right to have his babies even if there is nowhere for the foetus to gestate).

Plus, look at our history, Spurs are a plucky failure, always have been, sadly always will be.

I really don't understand the sentiments expressed by people like Maltese Falcon.
The last several pages in this thread are not about how good Bobby was for us, but how professional
he was. He never sulked or showed any negative attitude. He always tried his best, which somehow didn't work out
He came to us with great expectations - unfortunately things did not work out. He just wasn't right for
Spurs and / or the EPL.
His farewell message says it all. He is saying sorry to all that things didn't work out - but still loves us.

How many of the other players leaving us this window - Pauli, Capoue, Club captain Kaboul etc. have said any good things
about us.

Booby, most of us respect you for what you are and what you tried to do for us. Sorry, it didn't work out'
We wish you all the best for the future.

Back