• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Reading that scouting report, it's sounds like the deal collapsing means we may have dodged an expensive bullet. Sounds a bit like Ade.

Espcore ‏@espcore
BREAKING: Valencia President Amadeo Salvo has confirmed they have reached an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for Roberto Soldado.

Espcore ‏@espcore
BREAKING: Valencia President Amadeo Salvo has confirmed they have reached an agreement with Tottenham Hotspur for Roberto Soldado.
That can't be right, didn't you hear the deal's collapsed, and we're now all relieved to have dodged a bullet based on some article by someone none of us have ever heard of?

:special:

If the fee has been agreed can't we just swap the money for Soldado now and leave them to fight amongst themselves over the agent fee.

are you for real, 1 in 2 for valencia and spain, fudge me he is crap

I don't watch Spanish football so, to be honest, I know very little about him. All I personally have to go off are his stats (impressive) and what ever I hear/read from people who have actually seen him play a fair bit (not just youtube videos!). What I've read has been mixed. My comment, to which you replied, was a little tongue in cheek and directly relating to the scouting report that had been posted and wasn't massively complimentary. As for the deal collapsing, as a Spurs fan I automatically always assume the worst!

No..

Goal confirmed on Sunday the two clubs have reached an agreement worth £25.9 million for the striker, but Amadeo Salvo says issues involving agents is delaying a confirmation
Valencia president Amadeo Salvo has confirmed Roberto Soldado is on the verge of joining Tottenham, deccribing the agreement between the two clubs as "total".

Goal revealed on Sunday that the north London outfit are set to pay the striker's release clause of €30 million [£25.9m] following a phone call between Spurs' technical director, Franco Baldini, and Salvo.

And now, following former Valencia director Antonio Sese hinting that a deal had been struck, and current Los Che coach Miroslav Djukic seemingly resigned to losing Soldado, Salvo has confirmed a move in imminent.

"The agreement with Tottenham is total," Salvo is quoted as saying by Provinces.

However, the Che chief has admitted that the switch will not be completed until issues involving Soldado's representatives have been resolved which are currently delaying an announcement.

"A problem with the agents has emerged," he added. "[Once resolved] he will go."

Elsewhere, Tottenham centre-back Bongani Khumalo has joined Championship side Doncaster Rovers on a season-long loan.

The South Africa international spent last term at Greek side PAOK and will be his third spell in England following stints at Preston and Reading.

Reading that scouting report, it's sounds like the deal collapsing means we may have dodged an expensive bullet. Sounds a bit like Ade.

I don't agree with that scouting report really. It is over critical in its analsis and I'm basing this on having seen Soldado play about 20-30 times over the last few seasons. I couldn't be happier that we've snagged a striker of this calibre. Soldado is a true number 9 who is a superb finisher with any part or his anatomy(8-[) and a sneaky fudge with his movement. He is the player Defoe should have been and I have no problem with Spurs paying that sum for him.

I don't agree with that scouting report really. It is over critical in its analsis and I'm basing this on having seen Soldado play about 20-30 times over the last few seasons. I couldn't be happier that we've snagged a striker of this calibre. Soldado is a true number 9 who is a superb finisher with any part or his anatomy(8-[) and a sneaky fudge with his movement. He is the player Defoe should have been and I have no problem with Spurs paying that sum for him.

The scouting report is pretty much spot on tbh. Very good and detailed report that highlight his flaws.

The scouting report makes him out to be very much like Defoe - very similar. If anything, Defoe may be more rounded! Good to have another poacher but maybe a shame we won't have a battering ram type forward alongside him.

The scouting report is pretty much spot on tbh. Very good and detailed report that highlight his flaws.

Actually you are right, it is not that far off on a 2nd read. Maybe I focused a little too much on negative aspects. Still happy we've got him (nearly).

The scouting report makes him out to be very much like Defoe - very similar. If anything, Defoe may be more rounded! Good to have another poacher but maybe a shame we won't have a battering ram type forward alongside him.

much more than a poacher since he can actually head the ball in an area full of defenders. Defoe can not

Back