• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Roberto Soldado

Two and half pages? More like two and half thousand.

I have spent fudging hours on this site. But it has been a momentous day when Bale has been sold, Soldado and that other bloke signed. I feel I have been part of history.

This potential signing of Soldado makes me think back to January when a striker being bought then could have made all the difference in the race for top 3, never mind top 4.

IIRC we passed on signing another Spanish striker, Alvaro Negredo (or Meh-gredo as GB called him).

Some questions for those who watch Spanish footy regularly:

- What are the differences in attributes between the two?
- With those differences in mind, what is it about La Liga tactics, defences etc that seems to have allowed these two strikers to consistently top (or nearly top) La Liga goalscoring charts in recent seasons?
- why did we pass on Negredo then (and now) but are happy to seemingly pay almost double for Soldado now?
- From a physical build point of view is Negredo more suited to the PL than Soldado?

Could try to help you a bit, only my personal views of course.
Both of them are natural goalscorers, but IMO Soldado reads the game a bit better, gets in positions more often to score goals. Negredo may be a bit more phycical and scores a lot of his goals with his head (and as Soldado also takes penalties), but Negredo is also a bit slower.
Why we passed on Negredo I dont know, but my overall opinion is that Soldado is a better striker than Negredo. He is more often providing assists, and his pace is good enough to fit in to EPL.
By the eay, both are strong enough to cope with EPL.

Also ex Valencia board member, left the club in Jan, has said in both Spanish and English

Antonio Sese ‏@SeseVCF 1m

Segun me comentan Soldado sera mañana traspasado oficialmente. As I just mentioned Soldado will tomorrow officially Tottenham player.

Also ex Valencia board member, left the club in Jan, has said in both Spanish and English

Segun me comentan Soldado sera mañana traspasado oficialmente. As I just mentioned Soldado will tomorrow officially Tottenham player.

I will only believe this is not true if KD puts his balls on it.

I wish I hadn't read that just before going to bed. I'll be getting my hopes up all day at work tomorrow before for the inevitable disappointment.

Hans Kristian Lange ‏@mulu83 7m

"Soldado to Spurs is 99%" via @pacopolit http://www.vlcnews.es/secciones

Above link doesn't work, here is the original http://www.vlcnews.es/secciones/deportes/articulos/salvo-cierra-dos-pulsos-de-una-tacada

Google translation of paragraphs 2 & 3 from the above story.

Amadeo Except not too hoped to step out of the words of Soldier. In the morning, the ram had launched a depth charge important: "When you have to speak, speak plainly as I always have," he said at the close of its campus. In the afternoon, Salvo said the obvious: "If no agreement is reached that it proposes Valencia, Soldado travel to the United States because it is a Valencia player," announced during the presentation of the Academy Gloval.

The situation, fortunately, not be stretched that far. Today Wednesday is the day that Tottenham and Valencia are marked in red on the calendar, after a new rapprochement of positions yesterday. The agreement is total and Soldier signing for Tottenham is closed to 99%. All parts are clear, despite the threat yesterday the president, who will not take the plane Soldier for the United States tomorrow.

Last edited:
well tomorrow we should have a good indication..... If bobby soldier gets on said plane for usa tour with Valencia this deal has died a painful death.

if bobby soldier does not board said plane with Valencia squad we could be in business.....

finally some clarity about which way the wind is blowing!!!

Graham Hunter also confirming that he believes the deal to be done on his twitter. Looks like tomorrow will be the day.......hoping I wake up after my night shift to find it is all 100% sorted and confirmed.

Buffalo soldier, dreadlock rasta:
There was a buffalo soldier in the heart of america,
Stolen from africa, brought to america,
Fighting on arrival, fighting for survival.

or

Bobby soldier.. superstar scorer
There was a Bobby soldier in the heart of Tot ten ham
Stolen from Valencia, brought in to Tot ten ham
Scoring on arrival, fighting for Tot ten ham.
woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!
Woy yoy yoy, woy yoy-yoy yoy,
Woy yoy yoy yoy, yoy yoy-yoy yoy!
Bobby soldier.. superstar scorer
There was a Bobby soldier in the heart of Tot ten ham
Stolen from Valencia, brought in to Tot ten ham
Scoring on arrival, fighting for Tot ten ham.

[video=youtube_share;S5FCdx7Dn0o]http://youtu.be/S5FCdx7Dn0o[/video]

Last edited:
Back