• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I think Richy might do better under another playing style. I'd expect with Angeball...the more players with pace and quick feet the better.

Not an urgent need as we have Son and Brennan, and a plan B either Richy. Buy if we do sell I do hope we will be able to recoup the huge outlay we put out for him and avoid another NDombele or Lo'Celso situation.

I think Richy might do better under another playing style. I'd expect with Angeball...the more players with pace and quick feet the better.

Not an urgent need as we have Son and Brennan, and a plan B either Richy. Buy if we do sell I do hope we will be able to recoup the huge outlay we put out for him and avoid another NDombele or Lo'Celso situation.
I think the combination of Richie wanting to play and the dearth of no.9s means we won't see him pulling an ndombele. I'm sure someone would pay at least 40m next season for him which would cover his book value

Last edited:
Solomon hasn’t had much game time besides Burnley but just completely untrue that Richarlison has played well in more games than Son. Richarlison has barely played well for more than a half let alone played better than Son. How exactly has he played better than Son specifically? Richarlison hasn’t scored but he also hasn’t created chances or looked dangerous.

I don’t agree with the view that we should sell him, I’m willing to give him time and I’m sure he will get more chances to prove himself but we don’t have to delude ourselves into thinking he has played well this season when in reality, he’s been nothing short of underwhelming.

making space for others and stopping the opposition playing out from back

first couple of games, Son barely impacted the opposition

making space for others and stopping the opposition playing out from back

first couple of games, Son barely impacted the opposition

I mean that is the bare minimum I’d expect from a forward. If he isn’t scoring or creating then I’d expect him to work his socks off. Maddison’s goal against Burnley came as a result of Son pressing so it’s not like Son doesn’t work hard either. Richarlison hasn’t impacted any game. Son has been playing well without scoring. Ange’s system requires us to press.

Oh well I tried to reason with you. Not long before you start saying Richarlison has been our best player this season I suppose.

I mean that is the bare minimum I’d expect from a forward. If he isn’t scoring or creating then I’d expect him to work his socks off. Maddison’s goal against Burnley came as a result of Son pressing so it’s not like Son doesn’t work hard either. Richarlison hasn’t impacted any game. Son has been playing well without scoring. Ange’s system requires us to press.

Oh well I tried to reason with you. Not long before you start saying Richarlison has been our best player this season I suppose.

I think he made more of a contribution than Son or Kulu in the first 3 games.

I think he made more of a contribution than Son or Kulu in the first 3 games.

Other than Son getting a hat trick in a tough away game and Kulu getting the goal that put the game to bed against Bournemouth. Richarlison on the other hand hasn’t scored or assisted or created anything of note and gets bullied by 5 foot 9 defenders. I can never tell if you are being serious or if you take extreme positions just to troll.

Other than Son getting a hat trick in a tough away game and Kulu getting the goal that put the game to bed against Bournemouth. Richarlison on the other hand hasn’t scored or assisted or created anything of note and gets bullied by 5 foot 9 defenders. I can never tell if you are being serious or if you take extreme positions just to troll.

Son didn't get a hat trick in one of the first three games.

Kulu was poor in the game he scored a well taken goal in.

There is a lot more to forward play than goals, goals are a by product of forcing the opposition into mistakes, it's about hard work and movement, affecting space, and I think he did more of that than the other two against Brentford/Bournemouth/United.

Son didn't get a hat trick in one of the first three games.

Kulu was poor in the game he scored a well taken goal in.

There is a lot more to forward play than goals, goals are a by product of forcing the opposition into mistakes, it's about hard work and movement, affecting space, and I think he did more of that than the other two against Brentford/Bournemouth/United.

If it’s all about hard work and goals don’t matter then why do we bother spending tens of millions of pounds with ability? Just grab some hungry young players from the U21s who work hard.

If it’s all about hard work and goals don’t matter then why do we bother spending tens of millions of pounds with ability? Just grab some hungry young players from the U21s who work hard.

I'm sure we spend a lot of millions on the right mindset too.

I didn't say goals don't matter, I said there is more than them to forward play.

I'm sure we spend a lot of millions on the right mindset too.

I didn't say goals don't matter, I said there is more than them to forward play.

On the flip side there is more to forward play than hard work and closing people down. You need to create and link up play. At the very least you need to look threatening if you’re not scoring or creating which Richarlison hasn’t been. The forward unit as a whole can play better individually and collectively, we all know but we can’t rely on goals from the rest of the team solely if we are to be successful. We need the front three to contribute goals. It’s fairly obvious from Richarlison’s body language that he feels it isn’t going well for him whether that’s for spurs or Brazil. He clearly wears his emotions on his sleeve. I’ll say again I’m all for him getting more chances to come good but it’s just nonsense to say he’s been more effective than Son and Kulu.

On the flip side there is more to forward play than hard work and closing people down. You need to create and link up play. At the very least you need to look threatening if you’re not scoring or creating which Richarlison hasn’t been. The forward unit as a whole can play better individually and collectively, we all know but we can’t rely on goals from the rest of the team solely if we are to be successful. We need the front three to contribute goals. It’s fairly obvious from Richarlison’s body language that he feels it isn’t going well for him whether that’s for spurs or Brazil. He clearly wears his emotions on his sleeve. I’ll say again I’m all for him getting more chances to come good but it’s just nonsense to say he’s been more effective than Son and Kulu.

That all depends on the tactical intention of the system.

That all depends on the tactical intention of the system.

In any system the forwards need to contribute goals. Not necessarily all of the goals scored by the team but they have to chip in with their share. Ange’s forwards at Celtic got double figures last season so I would have to doubt he is sending out the forwards with us to not chip in with goals. I suspect you keep highlighting his closing down and creating space because deep down you know he’s not cutting in the most important areas in terms of forward play but you’d never admit as you never say you are wrong about anything.

In any system the forwards need to contribute goals. Not necessarily all of the goals scored by the team but they have to chip in with their share. Ange’s forwards at Celtic got double figures last season so I would have to doubt he is sending out the forwards with us to not chip in with goals. I suspect you keep highlighting his closing down and creating space because deep down you know he’s not cutting in the most important areas in terms of forward play but you’d never admit as you never say you are wrong about anything.

I meant in phases of play, teams don't spend 90 minutes focused on scoring goals, sometimes its about running the clock down, or giving players in part of the pitch a rest period.

Celtic players are getting double figures under Brenton too, they are such an outlier in their league that such stats are largely meaningless.

I will continue to talk about space yes, as space is the biggest factor in professional football, the creation of it offensively and the destruction of it defensively, the team that exerts the most control over space has the most control over the game.

I think I've admitted being wrong about loads of things over the years, said so about Maddison recently, and of course I was also one of those overly critical of Sissoko when we signed him, Kane when he came through too.

Strong opinions, loosely held, happy to defer to facts.

Specifically to Richi, it was obvious what his tactical instructions were in the games he started, and seeing as he seemingly was taken out of the team due to a knock, I think AP was happy he was fulfilling his remit too.

A number of Spurs fans are saying Richarlison is not good enough and we should dump him and play Son in the middle. Many of the same people who last season were saying Son is past it and that we should consider getting rid. The way I see it Richalison is just lacking in confidence, it is too early for me to give up on him just yet.

Hmm. Son IS a better finisher than him. Son has better movement than him. He's also quicker, arguably better at hold up but it's not super clear in that respect. Saying Son should start ahead of Richy in the striker berth is not exactly a controversial thought. It's kind of a no brainer.

Son has and will score more than Richy is capable of.

Ps. I'm not someone who said Son was finished last season. [emoji6]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I meant in phases of play, teams don't spend 90 minutes focused on scoring goals, sometimes its about running the clock down, or giving players in part of the pitch a rest period.

Celtic players are getting double figures under Brenton too, they are such an outlier in their league that such stats are largely meaningless.

I will continue to talk about space yes, as space is the biggest factor in professional football, the creation of it offensively and the destruction of it defensively, the team that exerts the most control over space has the most control over the game.

I think I've admitted being wrong about loads of things over the years, said so about Maddison recently, and of course I was also one of those overly critical of Sissoko when we signed him, Kane when he came through too.

Strong opinions, loosely held, happy to defer to facts.

Specifically to Richi, it was obvious what his tactical instructions were in the games he started, and seeing as he seemingly was taken out of the team due to a knock, I think AP was happy he was fulfilling his remit too.

You can keep downplaying the importance of goals but it is a forward’s primary function. It’s not the only thing they need to do but that’s ultimately what they are paid to do and why they are in the team. If they can’t score then at least create. He has worked hard but I can’t think of a single goal this season where he has been instrumental in the the build up, getting the assist etc. It’s not like we have struggled without his presence against Burnley or when he has been substituted.

If Ange goes with Richarlison over Solomon next Saturday then that’s fine with me but not down the centre, Son is clearly the better finisher and can do a better job for us in that position.

Back