• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Richarlison

I think the problem was probably that Conte wanted a very specific one (in typical Conte style) that wasn't gettable at the time. So although there were plenty available, we didn't move for any of them and did the stop-gap Lenglet loan. Even if we had bought the best one from the above list, he might have still gotten the "club signing" treatment from Conte.
I think there are at least 10 (and probably several more) in that list that Conte would've been more than happy with.... and these are just the centre backs who moved clubs, there would be an equally sized list of CBs who could've been purchased that didn't move anywhere.

This, erm, used to be the Richarlison thread...

Any updates on his injury? Would love him to be available for Everton away...

This, erm, used to be the Richarlison thread...

Any updates on his injury? Would love him to be available for Everton away...

I haven't seen anything. The emotional reaction he had when walking off I had assumed was the realisation that he was out for sometime and his season was truly fudged!

Let's see, Hopefully it wasn't too serious.

I think there are at least 10 (and probably several more) in that list that Conte would've been more than happy with.... and these are just the centre backs who moved clubs, there would be an equally sized list of CBs who could've been purchased that didn't move anywhere.

If Conte wanted Bastoni or no one though? Like how Liverpool waited a couple of windows to land Alisson & Van Dijk?

I know it’s not a major thing in many ways but going swapping shirts after you’ve been murdered 6-1? Scandalous. Another symptom of the mentality problem we have.

I don’t give a fudge if he’s playing against Messi, Pele or Mother Teresa, you don’t do that.
To be fair Mother Teresa probably would have been sent off for a Roy Keane-like career ender.

Totally, better than what's played at times and badly used.

Totally in this camp.

In a bizarre way I think he’s actually proved when used that he’s one of the ones that would put a shift in and drive us up the pitch.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think his last 3 league starts were West Ham, Chelsea, and Forest? 3 wins and 3 good games for him.

If we employed a manager to play on the front foot I’d have no problem with him leading the line. We’ve been blessed with Harry but there aren’t many teams now that have a 20-25 goal striker up top. A 15 goal front man that does the hard graft that others benefit from is pretty normal now.

Thats not to say I want Kane to leave!

Totally in this camp.

In a bizarre way I think he’s actually proved when used that he’s one of the ones that would put a shift in and drive us up the pitch.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think his last 3 league starts were West Ham, Chelsea, and Forest? 3 wins and 3 good games for him.

If we employed a manager to play on the front foot I’d have no problem with him leading the line. We’ve been blessed with Harry but there aren’t many teams now that have a 20-25 goal striker up top. A 15 goal front man that does the hard graft that others benefit from is pretty normal now.

He played well in those games by contributing with the hard work
Then got dropped and also injured… again

Similar to Bisouma, Porro and Spence. They all did well at their former clubs which is obviously why we bought them.

None of them has performed remotely close to the level at those former clubs, for a variety of reasons but including not having a run in the team.

I dont think any of them have suddenly become bad players so hopefully the next manager can get them all playing well next season. That will then be the time to judge them.

Will be a bit like having a bunch of new signings

Totally in this camp.

I would agree with you over that, he has not really been able to have a run in the side and suffered with injurys but his commitment has always shone through. For me i hope he is able to get more games in and a run in the side as i think he could be a very good player for us.

Similar to Bisouma, Porro and Spence. They all did well at their former clubs which is obviously why we bought them.

None of them has performed remotely close to the level at those former clubs, for a variety of reasons but including not having a run in the team.

I dont think any of them have suddenly become bad players so hopefully the next manager can get them all playing well next season. That will then be the time to judge them.

Will be a bit like having a bunch of new signings

I think that is massively unfair on Spence who hasn't been given a sniff of a chance.

Totally in this camp.

The issue is I'm not sure he's a consistent 15 league goal a season guy. I don't think he's ever done it. Admittedly he has also played wide for Everton so that might play a part in his number return.

If Kane is to leave I don't think we can realistically rely and expect Richarlison to fill in the gap. We will need another striker as competition for him. Ideally someone better or with a higher potential ceiling.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: DTA
Back