• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Restricted view South Lower

ringo

Tim Sherwood
I don't usually sit/stand in the South Lower. Apparently some of the seats in 35 are restricted view, although not behind the goals. Anyone know why? I was planning on taking my young (10yrs) son.

Parts of block 35 are directly behind the goal, aren't they? The only other possibilities I can envisage at the moment would be something to do with the exits, or maybe so far up the back that the overhang gets in your eyeline.

It's just the advertising board 'bit'. Not really a problem, just loose the ball when there's a goal kick.

Restricted view at WHL means that "part of one of the goalmouths is obscured from view". I've sat in restricted South seats plenty of times and I think the reason the goalmouth is restricted is because you are sitting right next to it! These are front row seats and great value I think. Sometimes you do have photographers in front of you but they are always good enough to keep fairly low.

They used to be slightly reduced for cup games and friendlies too. I remember paying £10 for a £20 seat at a preseason against Roma a few years back.

Everyone who replied -thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to getting a new perspective on the pitch - I'm always surprised how different the game looks from different parts of the ground. It changes the way you take the game in and you things you pick up watching the match -or at least it does for me.

Everyone who replied -thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to getting a new perspective on the pitch - I'm always surprised how different the game looks from different parts of the ground. It changes the way you take the game in and you things you pick up watching the match -or at least it does for me.

You hear and see an awful lot close up too, it will be brilliant for your son. Literally can smell the grass! Good chance to get your mugs on the telly :)

I remember my first pitch side, all I could hear was Mabbutt screaming at his players. A lot quieter these days on the pitch. What a captain Mabs was. Leds had a different style totally.

Back