• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rental properties/inventory - ggrrrrr

monkeybarry

Ian Walker
So just got my inventory report back with a crap load of "cleaning" that needs doing.

Totally disasgree with all bar one of the points.

Does anyone know of the clause in Landlord and Tenancy Act that requires a LL to allow a tenant back into property shortly after leaving to correct any faults?

I know it exists, but can find ref to it for love nor money.

Want to go back in and correct the one thing (and take the photos i forgot to take when leaving - what a taco i am!) before sending the rest to dispute.

I got the tenancy about a month before that policy came in, since when the agents have shown themselves to be unreliable at best so I dont imagine they put it in...

I got the tenancy about a month before that policy came in, since when the agents have shown themselves to be unreliable at best so I dont imagine they put it in...

i would get hold of the LL ASAP to clarify

as long as you still have the receipt that you paid the deposit it is still the LL's responsbility to return the money to you when you leave.

if you contact the LL and they dont agree to protect the deposit/give you an assurance they are in posession of it (irrelevant whether they have it or not - that is an issue for them and the agent) then you can just withhold rent when leaving to coverthe deposit

He is in South Africa, and looks like he has been stiffed for two months rent as well. Not sure what my rights are, so need to find some good advice!

here is a start
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...648194/Tenancy-Deposit-Protection-Scheme.html

if you have signed a new AST since the last one expired then it should have been protected (LL responsibility)

i would give CAB a call and maybe one (or three) of the schemes - enquire whether your deposit is with them to open dialogue and you you may get some helpful info

He is in South Africa, and looks like he has been stiffed for two months rent as well. Not sure what my rights are, so need to find some good advice!

This is a startling thread about someone who was f*cked around by their agent/landlord and then took him all the way to poo poo land. Basically if the landlord has illegally not protected your deposit (not the agents fault regardless of advice) the court will award you, your deposit + 3x your deposit and all costs and fees as a judgement. If they don't pay then its onto a charging order and ultimately an order of sale, to able you to recover your funds. Plus credit rating of llord goes t*ts up.
http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=146492&st=45

Some useful stuff here Nayim about deposit timings

http://www.depositprotection.com/legislation

Back