• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Real madrid partnership announced

Wouldn't expect us to sign players as expensive as them anyway. What we could see is one or two players that are on fringes of their squad coming here, that have come through their academy, with a considerable buy back-clause.

My problem is they'll want our best players, whereas we'd want their fringe players. That clearly gives them the better end of the deal.

My problem is they'll want our best players, whereas we'd want their fringe players. That clearly gives them the better end of the deal.

again, it is highly unlikely that first team player transfers have anything to do with this deal - if it does then id possibly agree with you

Levy would be mad to include anything suggesting they can come in and pick off our best players any time they want. They'll have to through 3 months of negotiations like anyone else. The partnership is about other things.

I can't believe that you are all missing what this deal is really about, Mourinho is finally close to getting his hands on Jenas.

I can't believe that you are all missing what this deal is really about, Mourinho is finally close to getting his hands on Jenas.

How many years has he been trying now, 3? 4? Damn you Levy for dragging this out and robbing the world of his talent.

Unfortunately, we are not in competition for the same players. If we sign someone who becomes good enough to interest them, chances are they get him (cf. Modric), while players who don't fit in with them can come to us and be one of our best players (cf. van der Vaart). A deal between the clubs wouldn't change the former and might facilitate the latter.

So we could benefit from shared scouting information as we are targeting different players. More interesting, perhaps, given our new training centre, we have some sort of cooperation or interchange between the coaching and medical departments.

Other than the fact that any first refusal deal has not been mentioned, people do realise that first refusal doesn't mean a club can just turn up and say "we'll take him thanks"? All it means, is that IF a team decides to sell a player, the club with first refusal gets the option to make an offer first. They also have to make an offer that has to be accepted by the other club. If Bale and Sandro eventually go, they will go. This partnership makes no difference to that, and if we do lose them in the future, I'd rather it was to Madrid than anywhere else.

I hope this isn't similar to Arsenal's partnership with Barca.

Ha-ha.

They do seem to have a close relationship with Barca and City. Overmars, Petit, Hleb, Henry, Fabregas, Song. Adebayor, Toure, Clichy, Nasri. Wenger doesn't even put up a fight now. He just let Song move to Barcelona.

Other clubs don't like dealing with Levy. If we have a deal with Real, a club we are not in serious competition with, then we can use it to advantage. Players good enough for Real can move on but at a price. We can use it to show we don't lack ambition, but accept a few elite clubs are ahead of us. I feel there is an advantage, but can't express it coherently, so I'lll stop now.

Thought the same thing myself.

Well we have a partnership with inter and it didn't give us first refusal on Oscar, and nor has it let us get Leandro on the cheap so I doubt that's the case

Probably just means we'll get to sell our shirts in their shop and play regular friendlies, no club would agree to give away their assets cheaply.

Back