• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ratings vs Reading

Only watched the second half...

Lloris - 8 (Looked very good and made a good save)

Walker - 8 (Was lively going forward and provided a good outlet on the right)
Dawson - 7 (Not much to do tbh)
Vertonghen - 7 (same as Dawson)
Naughton - 7 (solid)

Lennon - 9 (was immense and motm)
Dembele - 7.5 (very good again)
Sandro - 8 (monster)
Sigurdsson - 7.5 (did a good job and provided good support to strikers)

Adebayor - 6.5 (Good goal and generally did ok)
Defoe - 5.5 ( shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot..it gets rather annoying after a while)

Subs

Dempsey - 7 (solid performance and looked a threat)
Parker - 7 (not a very good substitution from AVB tbh but Parker did well yet again)

I didn't see the game as my internet isn't good enough to stream. So Naughton looked good again? That's great, I'm really happy that he's putting in some good performances for us.

I didn't watch the game, or listen to it, but in Glory Glory style:

Lloris - 7 (Commanding, not much to do, couldn't do much about the first goal)

Walker - 8 (Great pace)
Dawson - 7.5 (Solid defensive display)
Vertonghen - 7.5 (so composed on the ball)
Naughton - 7 (good player, getting better all the time)

Lennon - 9 (such a threat especially with Bale out)
Dembele - 7.5 (decent but still looks a bit unfit)
Sandro - 9 (BEAST as usual. our most consistent player)
Sigurdsson - 7.5 (not too bad, think he needs a season to adjust)

Adebayor - 7 (Took his goal well and held the ball up well)
Defoe - 6.5 (not his best game, off the boil)

AVB - 8

Hard to complain about anyone, our possession stats must have been insane.

Poor ref call led to their free kick and goal, really 3 chances for them all game.

Siggy still finding his feet, but his set pieces help (goal was a variation of the near post header run that Bale usually makes, well taken by Dawson).
JD needed to put one of those chances away
Good to see Ade get on the scoresheet

Lennon immense again, his game has definitely gone up a notch in the last few weeks.

Nice from Dempsey/Parker

Lennon has added new dimensions to his game and is now multi-dimensional. AMAZING. Glorious. Wanna fudge him.

Thats it really.

Lloris - 8 going to be a great for us.

Walker - 7 good going forward also seems to be improving in defence
Dawson - 7 solid also got a captains goal at a good time
Vertonghen - 7 always looks so composed
Naughton - 7 good footballer

Lennon - 9 top class
Dembele - 7.5 carries the ball so well
Sandro - 8 excellent
Sigurdsson - 7 good movement but not a left sided player

Adebayor - 6.5
Defoe - 5 poor for me, no brain, once Ade hit the dead ball line went to cross and Defoe was just standing there on the 18 yard line

Subs

Dempsey - 7.5
Parker - 7

Lloris 7 - Not much to do

Walker 7,5 - Still a few mistakes, but made lots of good forward runs.
Vertonghen 7 - Good game, but wasn't really challenged.
Dawson 7 - Same as for Vertonghen.
Naughton - 6,5 - Decent, but it limits our build up play that we play a right footed player at left back.

Sandro 8 - Very good game, much better when in posession.
Dembele 7,5 - Great first half, but faded a bit in the second half.
Lennon 8,5 - Was our best player and so nice to see him step up when Bale is absent.
Gylfi 6,5 - Decent game with many good inside runs, but he seems to have problems playing in tight areas which is a bit worrying considering most opposition teams park the bus at WHL.

Adebayor 7 - Looked more dangerous and nice to see him get a goal, still room for improvement though.
Defoe 6 - Dissapointing he didn't get on the score sheet.

Lennon has added new dimensions to his game and is now multi-dimensional. AMAZING. Glorious. Wanna fudge him.

Thats it really.

He has immense dimensions...

Must say that Naughton is changing my mind about him given his recent performances. For the better

Lloris - 7
Walker - 7
Dawson - 7.5
Verts - 7
Naughton - 7

Lennon - 9
Sandro - 9
Dembele - 9
Siggy - 7

Ade - 7
Defoe - 6

Some people clearly did not see the game ...

- Vertonghen was actually definitely no more than a 6. Two slip ups could easily have resulted in goals if we were playing a better team. Furthermore there was none of his vaunted playing out of the ball from defence. Ironic how Gallas gets ripped one after every game even though his play in recent games was nowhere as bad a Verts' game today.

- Dawson kept Pogrebnyiak in his pocket but his lack of mobility is a major limitation. He couldn't get anywhere near Kebe's run on goal on 70 minute but thankfully Kyle Walker is the opposite and brilliantly snuffed out the danger making up a 3 yard disadvantage to pull off a magnificent block

- Sandro was imperious; I may not have always been one of his cheerleaders on this board but there is no better tackler among midfielders in the PL

- Dembele is soooo frustrating. He has so much skill and when he has the ball to feet, it is impossible to take it away from him. But I struggle to remember a single incisive pass in any of the last 4 Christmas games...

- Adebayor was completely ineffective until he rose to head home; Defoe definitely had a better game.

- AVB: why, why, why play Siggy on the left???????? It unbalanced us completely as he constantly cut into the middle and Naughton followed to be able to use his right foot. Our left wing was useless all game. If there was one game to start Townsend, it was this!!!

Lloris 7 - little to do
Walker 7 - some good defensive and offensive contributions
Dawson 7- great header for equaliser, some uncomfortable defensive moments
Vertongen 6 - not at his usual composed best
Naughton 7 - improving every game
Lennon 8 MOTM performance. Rediscovering his old verve. Proved that he can attack massed defences if he tries to take defender on
Dembele 7 - some good runs but no end product
Sandro 7 - Solid in the centre, distribution could improve
Sigg 7 - Tried hard, maybe too hard against a former club. Great delivery from corners.
Ade 5 - Woeful first half, great header for the goal and some nice touches thereafter but still not really "at it"
Defoe 6 - So many chances, he really should have scored. Sometimes too greedy.

Parker 7 - solid and one thunderbolt which produced a brilliant save. Looks more positive in his passing this season
Dempsey 7 - lively when he came on and scored the decisive goal when we looked a bit shaky in defence.

AVB -8 Got it all right today. Only minor query - was the sub of Parker for Dembele really necessary? It put us on the back foot for 5-10minutes but once Dempsey scored it was plain sailing again. AVB gave Lennon free reign today at home against a lower side and it proved what I (and others) have been calling for some time. His positiveness led to a great overall performance with many chances created. If our forwards had had their shooting boots on it would have been a cricket score. If Lennon continues in this vein, with Bale on the other side, we are slowly emerging as a real threat to the Sky4.

Had to miss the game entirely so appreciate all the analytical comments. Hear the criticism about Dembele failing to produce a telling pass but not sure this matters too much because of his outstanding skills in gaining and retaining possession until clear then consistently laying the ball off to someone in good space.

Had to miss the game entirely so appreciate all the analytical comments. Hear the criticism about Dembele failing to produce a telling pass but not sure this matters too much because of his outstanding skills in gaining and retaining possession until clear then consistently laying the ball off to someone in good space.

I think that a player of his ability does not necessarily have to produce the telling pass but rather, like you said, lay it of well to a teammate in space.
His strength, skill and retention of the ball naturally sucks opponents in so it is then up to his teammates to explot the gaps that he creates elsewhere simply by being Dembele.

Lloris 8 Not a great deal to do, but a couple of important saves and didn't put a foot wrong.

Walker 8 Much better today! Linked well Sig and Lennon.
Dawson 7 Great header for his goal.
Verts 7 Classy
Naughton 7 Solid

Lennon 9 His best performance of the season? Massive for him to step up without Bale today.
Sandro 8 To do "a Sandro"- to completely boss the midfield and win most tackles.
Dembele 8 Beats people at will. Unlucky to not score with that long range effort
Sig 7 Worked hard, but it still doesn't seem to quite fall for him. Needs a goal to boost his confidence

Adebayor 7 Great header but not a good game apart from that.
Defoe 6 Poor finishing.

Subs:

Parker 7
Dempsey 7

Lloris 7 - Hardly anything to do, one decent save from Pavel
Walker 7 - One or two lapses and gave away the odd silly free-kick, but did good work offensively and one magnficient tackle on Kebe.
Dawson 7 - Great goal and dominated the Pog. Caught flat footed by Kebe before Walker saved the day.
Vertonghen 6.5 - Largely solid but was overpowered by Pog on one occassion who really should have gone on to score.
Naughton 8 - Played really well; he has made massive progress over the last few matches. Looked the part today.
Lennon 9 - Brilliant performance. Immense work-rate and we looked dangerous every time he was on th ball.
Dembele 8 - Very good performance and came close with a cracking drive. Lost a bit of our attacking impetus when he went off.
Sanrdo 8.5 - Beast.
Siggy 7 - Good set-piece delivery and showed good industry, did well considering he was out of position but a winger he isn't!
Adebayor 6 - Great goal aside, didn't really offer enough for me.
Defoe 6 - Frustrating performance, a couple of decent efforts but was repeatedly too greedy when others were well placed

Parker 7 - Decent
Dempsey 7 - Looked sharp
Livermore N/A

Lloris 8 To soon to be saying this i guess but he is my favourite keeper i have seen in our colours.

Walker 7.5 Getting better works very hard, still the odd mistake but he did a great last ditch tackle to get us out of trouble from someone else mistake today, good attitude because he never seems to make a point when others make a mistake like gallas does.

Dawson 7.5 Good strong love him a Mr Tottenham performance from him.

Vertonghen 7.5 Class act.

Naughton 7 Was never a free kick and i would be happy for him to have got up and chinned webb who deserves it one of these days. I notice though he does some good passes he also does some awful ones that if walker had done them people would be calling for his head.

Lennon 9 Man of the match second game running for me, his crossing is so good now and he works so hard and does such intelligent running, likely he will never get the credit he deserves from the media but fudge them.

Sandro 8 Awesome player but i really would rest him for coventry and qpr so we can get these performances from him at the end of the season.

Dembele 7.5 Classy act and lots of good runnning better passing then i have seen from him before.

Siggy 7.5 Still looks a little unsure of where he should be in the team but you can tell he is starting to get back his form.

Defoe 7 Unlucky to not get a goal tonight tried hard and i think is a little to selfish at times when he could play in others.

Adebayor 7 Lovely header for the goal but he is still not quite right, moving in the right direction but i think we are going to have to be very patient with him.

Dempsey 8 Really starting to settle him, i think he is an intelligent player because he seems to understand the system more then any other player, picks up great positions and to have a proper goal scoring threat coming from deep is a good thing.

Parker 7 would have brought him on for sandro myself but what do i know, think i will do better in the coming weeks when i hope he will start to give sandro a rest.

AVB 8.5 starting to make me belive in him, never lets the team panics and is so much more classy then redknapp. Not completley convinced and i still have questions but he is doing a lot better then i thought he would.

Webb 1 lucky i was sat up top or i would have smacked the **** from here to eternity absolute fudging prick and no one will ever convince me that he does not have an agenda against us, fudging ****.

- AVB: why, why, why play Siggy on the left???????? It unbalanced us completely as he constantly cut into the middle and Naughton followed to be able to use his right foot. Our left wing was useless all game. If there was one game to start Townsend, it was this!!!

Townsends is sick as far as I know. Can't really see what other options AVB had.

LLoris 6 No problem

Walker 6 Still a bit sloppy at the back, good recovery in the second half. Better going forward, but passing and crossing still average

Dawson 6 Gets a bonus for the goal. Will always remain shaky at the back.

Vertonghen 6 One or two scares but fine.

Naughton 7 Doing well at the moment. Interesting player.

Lennon 8 Much better again, ran at defenders. Could have done better on one or two occasions but good performance and assist. More of the same please.

Sandro 9 Gets a nine for keeping that level of performance over ten games now. Scares every opponent at the moment.

Dembele 8 When he goes off, we dont look so solid. Very important to the team.

Siggy 7 I have faith in him, he tries hard and luck will turn at some point especially with a bit more confidence.

Defoe 6 should have scored today

Adebayor 7 Finally a goal. Nothing else.

Lloris -7.5 could do nothing about the goal, but pulled off a good save in the second half.

Naughton -7 kept his shape and had a great shot.
Vertonghen -7 nice and tidy, good game.
Dawson -7.5 great near post header, stood up well to Pogrebnyak.
Walker -7.5 almost back to his best.

Sandro -8.5 he just seems to get better and better!
Dembele -7.5 he is just so difficult to get off the ball, had a thunderbolt of a shot that whistled past the post.

Lennon -9 MotM drove the team forward, terrorised Reading's defence.
Adebayor -7 glad he got on the score sheet today, lets hope it's the first of many?
Sigurdsson -7.5 worked his socks off for the team, great cross for Dawson's header.

Defoe -7 should have had a hat trick today, but worked hard.

Subs:

Parker -7 he is looking fitter, had a rasping drive that was well saved by Federici.
Dempsey -7 offered us something different, fortuitous deflection for his goal.
Livermore N/A too few minutes to rate.

AVB -8.5 it was obvious that he had developed a specific game plan for Reading and all of the team seemed comfortable within it.

Back