• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings Vs Leeds

I've never rated him tbh. I'd say subtle things here and there but he had too many fans for me to say he's not very good without looking like I'm just saying that to go against the grain.

I've never been shy criticising him, I've been saying it whilst he was at Swansea, he's simply isn't good enough

I've never been shy criticising him, I've been saying it whilst he was at Swansea, he's simply isn't good enough

Isn't good enough for what exactly?

To be a first choice for us right now? I can see that, and he's not.

Or are you saying that he's not good enough to be a squad option/backup player for us right now getting games in games like this one as he keeps developing?

Nobody is writing him off...he could well turn out good but i'm judging him right now (not what he could become in the future). When people throughout the season kept talking about how good he's been..that's when i just think 'wtf'. There's something about him that is instantly forgettable (which is probably why he rarely gets criticism on here). Personally i think he's our 4th choice CB (5th when Kaboul gets back).

Actually, some people are writing him off. Otherwise, I wouldn't have made the point:

Caulker - 4 i dont think he has the football brain to be a top defender

I don't rate Caulker and never have done, he's a disaster waiting to happen. People are finally realising that he's simply not good enough for a top four team.

Friedel 7 - Couldn't do anything about the goals, and kept us in it.Naughton 4 - Very disappointing at right back
Caulker 3 - Absolutely shockingly poor performance, probably the worst of the season from any Spurs player I've seen so far.
Vertonghen 5 - Doesn't like it against physical opposition much does he?
Ekotto 5 - So pleased to have him back, but he looked so rusty

Lennon 4 - Poor poor performance from Lennon. Hardly got into the game and when he did, run himself into trouble
Parker 6 - Worked hard and looked like the only player who gave a brick. Some very important challenges, but when he gets into that final third his composure turns to crap.
Huddlestone 5 - Looked very rusty and off the pace
Bale 6 - Not his best game but a couple of moments of brilliance, including a great cross. He desperately needs some help on the pitch to lighten the creativity burden
Sigurdsson 4 - You can see why he isn't getting much first team time

Dempsey 6 - Excellent finish and worked hard up top. Lacked quality too often though.

Dembele 5 - Failed to make a positive impact and was very sloppy in possession
Obika 5 - Failed to make the necessary runs to get into the game and sadly looked way out of his depth
Walker 5 - Was hoping that he'd bomb forward and give us what we'd been missing on the right, but sadly looked shaky

AVB 5 - We've been playing so well with two banks of four, and so we switch to a five man midfield and boy did we poor. Then we play Bale and Lennon on the wrong flanks. We looked a bit better when we finally switched to a four man midfield (although we scored when we were still playing a five man midfield) and the team looked better balanced, but we only played it for a few minutes before we changed shape again. Maybe AVB felt that Leeds were comfortable opposition to experiment against, but the result has shown him wrong. However, with the players available to him and the system he started out with there wasn't much he could have done different with the exception of Dembele and Dawson (and Walker maybe for Naughton) for Huddlestone and Caulker respectively. And the team he put out should have been too much for a Championship side, home or away.

Hopefully this will persuade Levy to be a bit less fiscally tight. But judging by the fact we've been here so many times before, I doubt it.

LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL :ross:

Amazing isnt it. :lol:

Im a new poster but still Spurs through and through.
Friedal was, in my opinion at fault for BOTH goals.
The first one he should have came off his line and made the target a hell of a lot smaller.
& the second, his hands were absolutely nowhere.

Goalkeepers do not get tired. Its time we played Lloris in all games.

The first one he should have came off his line and made the target a hell of a lot smaller.

While they don't run around as much, there's still mental fatigue. A little time off now and then can only be good for a player.

Because Lloris never makes mistakes, right?

Hugo snuffs out the danger before mistakes are even possible
gocho.gif

Because Lloris never makes mistakes, right?

At the risk of sounding like a Lloris "Fan boy";
How many chances does Lloris nullify by coming off his line and clearing the through ball? Minimising Targets?

In my opinion, the amount of times he disperses opposition attacks is greater (better) for us than the one, or two mistakes that he has made...

Bit hilarious that people are using this match as the basis that Levy should go out and sign a striker.

Our midfield were brick. Our defence were brick. In fact one of the only ones to emerge with any credit was Dempsey.

How is buying a new striker going to solve the brick defensive and midfield performance?

It's really fudging not.

At the risk of sounding like a Lloris "Fan boy";
How many chances does Lloris nullify by coming off his line and clearing the through ball? Minimising Targets?

In my opinion, the amount of times he disperses opposition attacks is greater (better) for us than the one, or two mistakes that he has made...

I agree. I'm thrilled with Hugo. I think he's a superb keeper and I find it hard to believe that we got him. Awesome signing.

My purpose wasn't to demean Hugo in any way but rather to point out that, like any keeper, he is fallible.

Brad too. He's far from perfect. But he's also a very good keeper - as good a second keeper as any club could hope to have. Would we have won or drawn today had Hugo been playing? It's as pointless a discussion as one about whether or not we might have won had Brad been in goal against Man Utd.

You say that Hugo should play every game....forget about Brad.

Well, I disagree. There are bigger things at play than merely the fine margins of getting fingertips on a shot or closing down an angle by a degree or five. Team spirit. Keeping all the players happy and keen and sharp. That's a much bigger deal than the result of one game - especially since Brad wasn't the reason we lost today. That team should have been good enough to win comfortably.

Friedel - 6. Couldn't seem to do anything about the lacklustre defensive performance in front of him.

Naughton - 3. Not played a worse game out of position on the left. Enough said.
Caulker - 4. Not good enough
Vertonghen - 4. Did not seem to be that bothered about the game. Can only hope he was injured.
BAE - 4. Far too relaxed. Granted coming back into match fitness however was not great.

Lennon - 6. Tried to play, a couple of decent runs but no final ball.
Parker - 3. Absolutely abysmal. Not great defensively, some shocking hospital passes coupled with him slowing down everything we tried to do going forwards.
Huddlestone - 4. Too slow, a few decent passes but nothing really of note.
Bale - 7. Did well going forward, had the beating of two men at times and got the assist. Tried to make things happen, which is difficult to do when you're almost playing solo.

Siggurdsen - 5. Didn't look like the system suited him. Looked lost and confused.
Dempsey - 7. Put in the effort. Got the ball, made the runs and eventually got the goal.

Subs:
Dembele - 5. Not great. A couple of hospital passes.
Obika - 4. Did not look good enough against a championship team, however that may be connected with the team around him looking like a league 1/2 team at times.
Walker - 5. Gave us more going forward and a bit more defensive solidity at RB.

Bit hilarious that people are using this match as the basis that Levy should go out and sign a striker.

Our midfield were brick. Our defence were brick. In fact one of the only ones to emerge with any credit was Dempsey.

How is buying a new striker going to solve the brick defensive and midfield performance?

It's really fudging not.

Excuse me, any chance you could refrain from being far too rational?

The worst player on the park today was Vertonghen, closely followed by Parker. Both were absolutely abysmal.

Friedel - 6

Naughton - 3
Caulker - 4
Vertonghen - 4
Assou-Ekotto - 5

Lennon - 5
Parker - 3.5
Huddlestone - 3.5
Bale - 5.5

Sigurdsson - 4.5
Dempsey - 6.5

Excuse me, any chance you could refrain from being far too rational?

The worst player on the park today was Vertonghen, closely followed by Parker. Both were absolutely abysmal.

I apologise, i shall try.

AVB OUT!

Freidel should never play for us again!

We need a new striker. That would have solved everything!

Of course! Look at his positioning for the second goal! He is just not up to the level required anymore, which is totally normal because he is 41 now.

We dropped points at the start of the season, and I am not saying we would have won with LLoris but who knows. We need to stop making it difficult for ourselves and play the good players.

Back