• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Soton

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 6. Fantastic save but truly awful distribution.

Walker - 7. Looking better by the week. Good game.
Dawson - 6. Caught flat-footed couple of times, but save Vertonghen's bacon too.
Vert - 5. Looked off-form today.
BAE - 4. Poor game. Lost the ball several times in very dangerous areas and shoddy passing.

Dembele - 5. When he was on held onto the ball too long on a couple of occasions when quick pass was there.
Thudd - 6. Some good passing, but also guilty of slowing play down.
Lennon - 4. Offered nothing. Don't think he's fit.

Dempsey - 5. For most of the 2nd half actually forgot he was playing.
Defoe - 5. Unlucky for the non-existant push, but also held onto the ball when quick pass was there.
Bale - 8. +3 for the goal, rest of the game was anonymous.

Subs:
Holtby - 6. Ran around a lot, but offered little in terms of attack.
Ade - 6. Started brightly but faded within 10 or so minutes.
Sig - 7. Immediate impact having him cut in from the left.

Last edited:
LLoris 8 One top save to avoied a disaster

Walker 8 Improved, looks focused

Dawson 5 Got done on a couple of occasions by their pace

Vertonghen 5 Not his best day

Bae 4 Keeps losing the ball, always late to play the offside

Huddlestone 5 Not impressed today

Dembele 5 Injured

Lennon 4 Nothing again and again.

Bale 8 World class

Dempsey 5 Terrible

Defoe 5 No chance

Subs:

Holtby 5 Nothing spectacular

Ade 7 Did well

i was quite impressed by Huddlestone tbh

Some outstanding passes, kept it ticking in the middle, he pressed well and made some decent tackles. But he's stronger in a 3 man midfield and I have no doubt we'll go 3 in the middle against Chelsea where he could prove to be crucial.

Lloris - 6 - Didn't do anything spectacular, average game.

Walker - 6.5 - Decent game, was good defensively, got forward but didn't quite have the final pass.
Dawson - 6 - Good defensively for the most part, a couple of iffy moments.
Vertonghen - 5 - Not a great game. Got done a number of times.
Bae - 5 - alright defensively, not that great going forwards. The long balls were predictable and kept getting us into trouble.

Lennon - 4 - I had actually forgotten he was on the pitch until someone mentioned him at half time.
Dembele - n/a Not on for long enough, Hope he's not too bad.
Huddlestone - 5 - Not great. Passing was far too predictable, and slowed down our play a lot with un-nessacery balls cross-field or silly hopeless balls over the top.

Dempsey - 6 - Got involved. Was our best forward player in the first half.
Defoe - 5 - Was not great. Didn't do much for 90 minutes. Was unfortunate to be penalised for something, i still haven't figured out what.
Bale - 7 - Didn't cope well in the centre was crowded out for the majority of the game, his only contributions were from out wide. Got the goal though, which gives him +1.

Holtby - 6
Adebayor - 6 - Nice cheeky backheel to try and set up Dempsey.
Siggurdsson - N/a wasn't on long enough.

Last edited:
Walker and Lloris emerge with credit.

Siggy had a go when he came on, which in the context of the game was one of the better performances.

Bale 10 seconds of true world class.

The rest, jesus. Somehow we're going to have to transform the shape, philosophy and find some cohesion before Wednesday or we're going to get murdered.

AVB, come on mate we can't be having that sort of a shambles again.

Walker and Lloris emerge with credit.

Siggy had a go when he came on, which in the context of the game was one of the better performances.

Bale 10 seconds of true world class.

The rest, jesus. Somehow we're going to have to transform the shape, philosophy and find some cohesion before Wednesday or we're going to get murdered.

AVB, come on mate we can't be having that sort of a shambles again.

Team just looked tired, Dembele, Lennon, Bale all obviously still not 100% fit

Big Levy fan, but it looks like we have screwed the pooch again by not picking up a couple of players in January, even if just for the fresh legs.

Lloris 8 for the world class save from Lambert's free kick (check out MotD)

Walker 7 almost back to his best
Dawson and Vertonghen 6 Messrs Average.
BAE 5 not convinced today.

Huddlestone 6 great passer of a ball, but a bit pedestrian.
Dembele 6 great piece of skill in first half, let's hope he is not badly injured.

Lennon 6 I thought he offered more defensively today - need a good game from him on Wednesday.
Dempsey 5 see BAE.
Bale 7 well shackled, moment of sublime skill for the goal.
Defoe 6 only had meagre scraps to work on

Holtby 6 he always looks to up the tempo.
Adebayor 6 gave the two lumbering CH's something to think about.
Sigurdsson 6 he seemed to give us a bit more balance when he came on.

AVB 7 positive starting 11, changed it around when needed.

Fans 6 come on you lot, let's make some noise ffs.

i was quite impressed by Huddlestone tbh

Some outstanding passes, kept it ticking in the middle, he pressed well and made some decent tackles. But he's stronger in a 3 man midfield and I have no doubt we'll go 3 in the middle against Chelsea where he could prove to be crucial.

Wasn't his best game by far, but he did have some nice passing and blocks. This performance definitely highlighted the need for a 433 if we want to intergrate him into the team. Im also bothered by the fact that he takes corners considering he is 6'3 wouldn't it be better if he was in the box to add extra height or atleast have him lurking outside the box to take a shot.

i suppose with him being our best passer he should take corners. I was more annoyed that when Siggy come on, Huddy still took corners.

i suppose with him being our best passer he should take corners. I was more annoyed that when Siggy come on, Huddy still took corners.

Maybe Holtby should when Siggy is not included in starting 11? He clearly doesn't offer an attacking threat on corners.

lloris - 8

walker - 7
dawson - 7
vertonghen - 7
ekotto - 6

lennon - 5
huddlestone - 7
dembele - n/a
dempsey - 6

bale - 8
defoe - 6

--

holtby - 6
sigurdsson - 6
adebayor - 6

Lloris 6
Walker 7
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 5
Assou-Ekotto 5
Huddlestone 6
Dembele 5
Lennon 5
Dempsey 4
Bale 6+1
Defoe 4

Holtby 5
Adebayor 6
Sugurðsson 7

Lloris 7 - world class save, some very confident handling, bizarre moment early on when he did NOT come off his line but a clean sheet!
Walker 7 - brave performance today, strong at the back and always looking to try and initiate going forwards.
Dawson 6 - he was good without looking especially trustworthy...hung in there...
Verts 6 - looked tired. Again, gutsy performance all considered but he is absolutely running on fumes right now IMHO...
BAE 7 - never ever stopped looking for the opening, special pass or cross. Not helped by the stunning lack of movement from the front players

Dembele 6 - playing with an injury, you'd have to again say it was a, well, gutsy performance without ever looking special
Thudd 7 - looked good today, very strong and his passing was generally excellent.
Lennon -5 half-speed getting back into it sort of performance for me...should be ready for Wednesday

Dempsey 5 - always a fan of his, but today he was not great.
Defoe 5 - again, always been a fan but today he was just generally poor. Well organized teams demand smart movement; he didn't have it.
Bale 8 - bluntly, this was a '5' all the way until his absolutely brilliant goal. It's what makes him, err, special.

Subs:
Holtby 6 - good energy but still lacks understanding at times with the game he's involved in
Ade 7 - changed the course of it, fine movement, offered as an outlet and helped start to move a previously comfortable Soton backline
Sig 6 - more purpose about his play today than Dempsey but needs to buy a lottery ticket a bit more as he had a couple of great shooting ops.

Lloris 7

Walker 6
Dawson 6
Vertonghen 7
Ekotto 6

Lennon 5
Hudd 6.5
Dembele 6
Dempsey 5

Bale 7
Defoe 5

Holtby 6
Ade 6.5
Sigurdsson 6.5

Lloris 8 - not much to do but a super save and a clean sheet. can't ask for more
Bale 9 - he does win games for teams all on his own
whoever else 6 - didn't gel? didn't get the game plan? everyone looked lost, no one wanted to lead.
AVB 4 - chopping and changing again... can we go back to the Emirates Marketing Project game and just play like that again?

Back