• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Saudi Sportswashing Machine

Excellent: Vertonghen, Sandro

Above par: Chiriches

Par: Walker, Dawson, Friedel, Kaboul

Below par: Townsend, Paulie, Soldado, Defoe

Awful: Dembele, Eriksen, Siggy

I note that every single one of our creative players is below par, with the possible exception of Walker and Verts (depending on how you define creative). And that's been the case all season - our individual flair players all off form (or in Lamela's case not playing).

Agree with that, although would also put Pauli in the awful category. He is not living up to "our Lampard" hype.

AVB also in the below par category for selection, tactics and final substitution.

Friedel 4 Why is he still here?

Walker 5 Not good today

Dawson 5 Long balls all the time...Cant understand anything

Chichires 6 Nothing dramatic today

Vertonghen 7 A class above everyone, but play him at CB please

Dembele 5 Not great

Paulinho 4 Poor

Townsend 6 Tried

Eriksen 4 Poor, should have scored

Siggy 5 Not a lot

Soldado 5 Movement is not good, finishing not good either

Friedel 6
Walker 6
Dawson 5
Chiricheș 6
Vertonghen 7
Dembele 4
Paulinho 5
Townsend 6
Eriksen 5
Sigurðsson 5
Soldado 5

Sandro 7
Kaboul 6
Defoe 5

Krul 10
Debuchy 7
Yanga Mbiwa 7
Williamson 7
Santon 6
Tiote 6
Cabaye 6
Sissoko 6
Gouffran 8
Remy 8
Shola 6

Friedel - 5
Walker - 5
Dawson - 5
Chiriches - 6
Vertonghen - 6
Townsend - 5
Dembele - 4
Paulinho - 4
Eriksen - 5
Sigurdsson - 5
Soldado - 5.
--
Sandro - 7
Kaboul - 6
Defoe - N/A

I think that's pretty fair.

Demebele - 5 (Poor first half and kept losing possession)
Paulinho - 4.5 (Scared to get involved, scared to get possession, can't pick a pass for ****)

:ross:

Paulinho gets a lower score than the pathetic Dembele? Your vendetta is ****ing childish mate, truly, get over it.

For those slating Eriksen's performance:

OptaJoe said:
9 - Against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Christian Eriksen created nine chances for his teammates; more than any player in a single game this season. Spurned.
Link

Paulinho gets a lower score than the pathetic Dembele? Your vendetta is ****ing childish mate, truly, get over it.

He's not the only one who saw it that way. Both were as culpable as each other for the first goal. I fail to see what else Paulinho did of note yesterday. I hope that he is just tired.

What a foolish comment.

Some people (obviously yourself) would rather a player hide and contribute nothing than get involved and have a bad performance which is fine. I prefer a player to get involved and fail rather than hide and do nothing.

He's not the only one who saw it that way. Both were as culpable as each other for the first goal. I fail to see what else Paulinho did of note yesterday. I hope that he is just tired.

what?

first half....

the shot from 20 yards in the first half that Krul palmed away

the first time pass in between the fb and cb that Walker ran onto but it was a bit over hit and Walker only just got to it and played across where Krul was first to it

second half .....

the pass in behind that Townsend ran onto who then played it across to Eriksen who missed a sitter

a driving run across the box that was only stopped with a foul and we had a great kick opportunity from 20 yards

the shot from inside the area that Krul again kicked away

yes he is tired, yes he has been over played and i blame AVB for this (same with Dembele) and yes it was his fault that Saudi Sportswashing Machine scored

However Paulinho is far from being the problem in this team

No no no, but don't you see Dembele played better, despite giving the ball away constantly and being subbed at half time, he still deserves a better rating than one of our better performers overall :ross:

Friedel - 5. As usually solid on the line, but caught in no-man's land in the penalty box/on crosses. Could have conceded three similar goals, but thankfully we have Chiriches and offside rule. I don't doubt if here was Lloris, he would have had 8.
Walker - 5. Not much workd in defence. Dull in attack.
Chiriches - 6. Last man tackle. Shame he got injuried. Hope nothing serious.
Dawson - 5. Made a couple mistakes playing high-line.
Vertonghen - 7. Again solid defensively at LB (and it's his 2nd best position). Provided more danger and key passes in attack, than Sigurdsson and Dembele combined (rofl).

Dembele - 4. Nothing. Andre's tired-out horse.
Paulinho - 5. Mistake leading to goal. Some good attacking actions and shots, but Krul saved his team. I noticed, he sometimes wastes too much time in decision making and it's damaging our attacking play, allowing opposition to close empty holes.
Townsend - 5. Dribbling, shooting off target from distance, dribbling again, shooting on target from distance. Nothing new. Not the things our team and especially Soldado needs now. 0 successive passes/crosses from a winger to a striker for the whole match means a lot.
Sigurdsson - 3. Not a first-eleven squad player. Dempsey-esque, can suddenly score an important goal and than disappear for several matches, reminding he's on the pitch with the help of shooting off target. 0 passes/crosses completed to Soldado as well. Only 3 successive passes on Saudi Sportswashing Machine's half in the 1st half.
Eriksen - 6. I don't understand Eriksen bashing. Yes, he should have scored when Krul saved the ball with his leg, but overall he was very active in attacking third and provided danger on set-pieces. Only during 1st half he provided Soldado with two scoring opportunities - after a free-kick and a corner. However, his passing accuracy and corner distribution were lower than acceptable.

Soldado - 5. A victim. Again. 0 successful passes from wingers for the WHOLE game is the nonsence of statistics. Miraculously, received the ball rather often and could have scored on two occations, but Cruel.

Subs:
Sandro - 7. Who would have thought? Everybody except Boas.
Kaboul - 5. Didn't have much work to do in defence, but should have scored that rebound.
Defoe - 0. 3 would have been regarding his 5 ball touches, but he sweared at Vertonghen in the end of the game and now can easily fck off.

Boas - 0.
If Krul won the game for Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Boas lost the game for Tottenham yesterday.
Dembele > Sandro
Sigurdsson > Lamela
Defoe and 4-4-2 scheme > Lamela

I won't mention Friedel > Hugo choise as this story is shrouded in mystery of discrepancies and medical riddles.

Last edited:
No no no, but don't you see Dembele played better, despite giving the ball away constantly and being subbed at half time, he still deserves a better rating than one of our better performers overall :ross:

Paulinho one of our better performers :ross::ross:

What low standards some have.

I think it comes down to what you expect of that position. What do you guys expect of Dembele in the position he was playing yesterday? And Paulinho for that matter? What constitutes to being a success?

For me I want our midfield duo to always show for the ball, and want it, keep it moving. They are the heart of the team that keeps blood pumping around the body. If that stops we fail. We resort to long diagonals which have about a 10% chance of working.

For me Paulinho failed to do that so many times yesterday. i felt he ghosted around midfield waiting to break and get in the box. I love that aspect of his game. But I just want to see more in picking up the ball from the back four.

Paulinho one of our better performers :ross::ross:

What low standards some have.

come on not many of our players performed well yesterday. For you to constantly pick out paulinho despite other playing far worse shows you have an agenda

ok we get it, you dont rate Paulinho

I think it comes down to what you expect of that position. What do you guys expect of Dembele in the position he was playing yesterday? And Paulinho for that matter? What constitutes to being a success?

For me I want our midfield duo to always show for the ball, and want it, keep it moving. They are the heart of the team that keeps blood pumping around the body. If that stops we fail. We resort to long diagonals which have about a 10% chance of working.

For me Paulinho failed to do that so many times yesterday. i felt he ghosted around midfield waiting to break and get in the box. I love that aspect of his game. But I just want to see more in picking up the ball from the back four.

ever considered that AVB doesnt want him to do this???

before he arrived Paulinho was considered a Frank lampard type.....do you ever see Lampard picking it up from the back 4 on a consistent and being a playmaker?

seriously, the players are not to blame for a lot of what is going on. It is the coaching, it is the tactics.....jesus christ, even Sunderland in a couple of weeks have managed to adopt a fluid passing game that Poyet wants from them, and look at the class of player he has to work with

Back