• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Pool

turned off at half time. We don't have a dreadful squad but TS is making us play at about 25% of the sum of the parts - that's not what a manager is employed for.

There is enough quality. We should be able to build a top side around Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Eriksen, Adebayor. Add to that some reasonable players like Dembele, Lennon, Townsend, Kaboul, (if ever fit again), Capoue, Lamela (Serie A version), Paulinho (Brazil version) and there is enough quality at the club. We need someone in charge who can get them to play as a team and can get players to play to their potential. We're embarrassing at the moment - players are performing way below the level which they can and as though they've never met each other before. An utter shambles and Levy needs to step in and fire Sherwood

Lloris 5
Naughton 4
Kaboul 3
Vertonghen 2
Rose 4
Lennon 3
Bentaleb 5
Sigurðsson 4
Eriksen 5
Chadli 4
Soldado 3

Dawson 4
Dembele 4
Townsend 3

They can all fuсk off after that display.

Our problems are far bigger than individual criticism. These players aren't purposely playing like ****, why would they want to embarrass themselves.

Massively short of confidence. And we need to be really honest with ourselves about our shortcomings as a club.

Our problems are far bigger than individual criticism. These players aren't purposely playing like ****, why would they want to embarrass themselves.

Massively short of confidence. And we need to be really honest with ourselves about our shortcomings as a club.

Here's the thing, we don't have a bad squad, the only critical issue is our FBs and a supplement/cover for Eriksen.

To the posters who went after Lloris, wtf? the guy took hits, did saves, closed the angles, you leave a keeper 1:1 with Saurez and the answer is really "could he have done more"?

Game was lost on squad/tactics, this is a classic case of manager **** up, Pool played the same game they did at WHL, possession, when we don't press them, pick the long pass wide, have a runner/s to support, tore us a new ass at will.

You don't pick a midfield of Lennon/Siggy/Eriksen/Bentaleb if your plan is to play high line and press the opposition midfield

Lennon not effective last week, you replace with Townsend, same ineffective play, what do you do this week?

To the posters who went after Lloris, wtf? the guy took hits, did saves, closed the angles, you leave a keeper 1:1 with Saurez and the answer is really "could he have done more"?

I wasn't really attributing any blame to Lloris for the Suarez goal, was just an observation. I just felt like he overcompensated a little and covered the near post too much, Suarez's strike wasn't struck particularly hard but Hugo gave him quite a bit to aim at. Dawson takes the majority of the blame for that goal and Kaboul should've done better too.

Lloris probably MOTM. Siggy, Eriksen and Chadli had some decent moments

Other than that.... 4/5's all round

LLORIS: 7 - our best player, which says alot. Made two top class saves and swept up better than usual. His best performance in a while.

NAUGHTON: 4 - dreadful defensively, offered sweet FA going forward.
KABOUL: 3 - poor old Unit has lost it I'm afraid. Was a liability today.
VERTONGHEN: 1 - yeah he bottled it. When he 'pulled up' he was right in front of me, he was actually walking fine then decided to start limping. C*nt!
ROSE: 3 - can't defend to save his life. and about as useful on the ball as a blind man.

SIGURDSSON: 3 - so painfully slow, on and off the ball. Doesn't care to tackle either.
BENTALEB: 5 - not particularly good but at least, unlike many others, he put an ounce of effort in.

LENNON: 4 - one or two good runs off the ball in the first half, but his general play was poor.
CHADLI: 4 - some okay runs with zero threat.
ERIKSEN: 3 - turgid, didn't help defensively and offered little in offence.

SOLDADO: 3 - bullied by the two tattooed defenders, the potential injury will probably please him cos of how the season has panned out for him.

DAWSON: 3 - oh Daws.
DEMBELE: 4 - did nothing of note. Outmuscled by a small 19 year old too.
TOWNSEND: 4 - cack, but a **** situation to come on in to.

Liverpool played a good tight pressing game in the midfield to lure us out. Kept deep to prevent the counter. We were lined up and set up wrongly. We played directly into their strengths, into their trap. I don't think its fair to judge the players in this context, or perhaps only the senior ones e.g. Dawson, Verts, Kaboul. Lennon who should have demonstrated some leadership to reorganize on the pitch. So only one rating:

Sherwood - SACK.

Chadli - 3. How did we end up with this guy?.
Squad fodder, came cheap, with EL in mind, if he turns out better then its a bonus. Doubt he was bought as a front line player. That would be Soldado, Lamela and Paulinho (oh dear). Not sure Chadli will be quality, or whether he's a top 4 player, or even what his position is. But in the overall scheme of things he's prolly the least of our worries right now. Sell him now for 5 mil, and no harm done. As its turned out, he's played more than some, so maybe works hard.

Last edited:
I turned off when the second goal went in, I was tempted to earlier when the lineup was announced. With that starting 11 it was really just a case of how many we lost by. You can maybe get away with the odd passenger in the odd game but not 4 or 5 of them away at Anfield.

I've deliberately waited until today to do these ratings, in the hope i'd be less irrational and angry, but I'm sat at my desk at work at quarter to 9 on a Monday and..........I'm still feeling irrational and angry, so here goes....

LLORIS - 7 - It really could have been worse if it wasn't for this guy (MOTM)
NAUGHTON - 4 - Looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights
KABOUL - 3 - Shadow of the pre-injury player, completely at sea against a quality attacking outfit
VERTONGHEN - 1 - The 1 is for that side parting in his hair, Scotty Parker would be proud
ROSE - 3 - Looked like a lame rabbit caught in the headlights
SIGURDSSON - 4 - This guy looked like a lone sandbag trying to prevent the winter floods from flowing past him. He had all the pace and athleticism of one too
BENTALEB - 5 - Our best outfield player, but didn't say much
LENNON - 3 - I like his new Anonymous Aaron tag, it suits
CHADLI - 4 - Did nothing of note, but starved of any decent service into him
ERIKSEN - 4 - See Chadli, marooned on the left with no sight of the ball
SOLDADO - 3 - Completely starved of service and when he did get on the ball, was weak and nervous

DAWSON - 5 - Not good enough at this level but at least he tries
DEMBELE - 4 - Couldn't change the game
TOWNSEND - 4 - Game was over when he came on (and was from the first whistle)

I turned off when the second goal went in, I was tempted to earlier when the lineup was announced. With that starting 11 it was really just a case of how many we lost by. You can maybe get away with the odd passenger in the odd game but not 4 or 5 of them away at Anfield.

It was pure lunacy by Sherwood. Considering our weak full-backs and fragile defence, to go into that game with ZERO defensively minded players outside the defensive line, was pure suicide. I was actually relieved that we only lost 4-0 after seeing the starting XI.

turned off at half time. We don't have a dreadful squad but TS is making us play at about 25% of the sum of the parts - that's not what a manager is employed for.

There is enough quality. We should be able to build a top side around Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Sandro, Eriksen, Adebayor. Add to that some reasonable players like Dembele, Lennon, Townsend, Kaboul, (if ever fit again), Capoue, Lamela (Serie A version), Paulinho (Brazil version) and there is enough quality at the club. We need someone in charge who can get them to play as a team and can get players to play to their potential. We're embarrassing at the moment - players are performing way below the level which they can and as though they've never met each other before. An utter shambles and Levy needs to step in and fire Sherwood

THIS ALL THE WAY.
Players are being played out of their normal positions.
The team changes almost EVERY game. I don't think they have a clue as to what they are supposed to do.
Sherwood HAS to go.

Lloris - 5 - Quick off his line and a couple of good saves, but should have done better with all of the goals bar the first

Naughton - 4 - Crap. Not good enough for Spurs. We should play Lennon at RB for the rest of the season.

Kaboul - 2 - Wow. Just wow. A comical own goal, caught out of position a few times, gave the ball away too often too. I can't believe that this is the same player who looked so good in the 2011/12 season.

Vertonghen - 4 - Was playing poorly before he went off injured. First goal should have been a simple clearance.

Rose - 4 - Just not good enough. Terrorised by Sterling and offered nothing going forward.

Lennon - 2 - I forgot he was playing. Offered absolutely nothing.

Bentaleb - 5 - Tried hard, a few pot shots from distance to "get the stats up", but hardly a match-winning performance.

Sigurdsson - 4 - And that's why he's been shafted out on the wing a lot in his time here

Eriksen - 5 - Looked our most likely player to make things happen, but didn't. Gave the ball away a fair bit.

Chadli - 3 - All the work rate in the world is irrelvant if your technical ability is **** and you're up against decent opposition who put you under pressure. This guy should never have been signed and should never be named in the match day 16 again.

Soldado - 5 - No service whatsoever. But didn't do much on the rare occassions he did actually get the ball.

Subs:

Dawson - 4 - Schoolboy error for the 2nd goal within minutes of coming on. Was better than the other defenders after that, but still hardly filled me with confidence. Needs replacing.

Dembele - 3 - Anonymous.

Townsend - 4 - Didn't get into the game. But should probably have started.

Sherwood - 2 - All week, we've been saying the game plan needed to be to sit deep, frustrate Liverpool, get to about half an hour in with the game scoreless and wait for the crowd and players to start to get nervous. It's not his fault that we shot ourselves in the foot in the first minute, but it is his fault that he neglected to start Sandro who most agreed would be our most important player in getting a result today. Watching the game from the stands because you "learn more about your team"? No, that's what the TV cameras are for, so you can review things after the game. Rodgers stood on the side of the pitch, barking orders and analysing things from there, so why can't Sherwood do it? To actually admit he was too scared to watch the video of the previous big defeat was ridiculous, THAT'S where you learn about your team. His passion is all well and good, but these are basic basic things he's getting wrong.

Here's the thing, we don't have a bad squad, the only critical issue is our FBs and a supplement/cover for Eriksen.

Game was lost on squad/tactics, this is a classic case of manager **** up, Pool played the same game they did at WHL, possession, when we don't press them, pick the long pass wide, have a runner/s to support, tore us a new ass at will.

You don't pick a midfield of Lennon/Siggy/Eriksen/Bentaleb if your plan is to play high line and press the opposition midfield

Lennon not effective last week, you replace with Townsend, same ineffective play, what do you do this week?

Great Post. Totally agree

From the off it looked like the team collectively had no great belief in their mission. Certainly nothing remotely approaching Liverpool's resolution and intensity. It's not as though we didn't know what to expect, having been trounced 0-5 at home by the same approach.

I have really wanted to see Sherwood succeed but yesterday's abject performance provided conclusive evidence that getting the best out of this squad when it really matters is beyond him.

Lloris 5 - convinced a better keeper would have gotten something on that relatively tame 25-yarder from Coutinho
Naughton 4 - sadly the man is too error prone for the EPL
Kaboul 5 - not as bad as some are making out, can be partially excused for assuming Vertonghen would have cleared for the og
Vertonhen 1 - if it's true his 'injury' was just an excuse to get off the park then he's a disgrace to the name of Tottenham Hotspur and the sooner we get rid the better
Rose 2 - criminally AWOL for the opening goal, allowing Sterling the freedom of Anfield. Like too many Tottenham players atm, is playing like his confidence is totally shot
Lennon 3 - yet again unrecognisable from the player he once was
Eriksen 6 - our one bright spark, even so he completely lost Sterling for the opening goal, also still too many misplaced passes
Bentaleb 5 - tidy but largely ineffective
Sigurdsson 4 - extra mark for putting himself about a bit more than some, but still inadequate
Chadli 4 - you can see he has ability, he just cannot seem to make it count
Soldado 3 - so bad he's our biggest joke

Subs

Dawson 4 -looked like that ludicrous back-pass to Kaboul was a result of the intimidating Anfield atmosphere getting to him
Dembele 4 - another who seems to have lost the plot
Townsend 4 - and another

5: Lloris, Eriksen, Bentaleb
2 to 4: The rest

Sherwood:
0 - team selection
0 - Formation
0 - Tactics
0 - Leadership

BTW, is it OK to give minus scores?

The worst game of the season for me.

Honestly surprised by the Slating people give Chadli. It's like you have already made up your mind he's cr*p and it doesn't matter what he does.

Thought he was one of the only ones to stand up and be counted

Back