• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Palace

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 8

Walker - 7
Alder - 7
Vert - 7
Davies - 6

Dier - 8
Alli - 8

Chadli - 6
Son - 8
Lamela - 7

Kane - 6

Subs:
Eriksen - 7
Njie - 5

Lloris - 8

Walker - 6
Alderweireld - 7
Vertonghen - 7
Davies - 7.5

Dier - 8 (MOTM)
Alli - 7

Son - 8
Lamela - 7
Chadli - 6

Kane - 6

--

Eriksen - 7
Njie - 6
Carroll - n/a

Lloris - 10

Walker - 7
Alder - 7
Vert - 7
Davies - 6

Dier - 8
Alli - 8

Chadli - 6
Son - 9
Lamela - 7

Kane - 6

Subs:
Eriksen - 7
Njie - 5

Lloris 8
Walker 6
Toby 7
Verts 7
Davies 6
Dier 7
Alli 7
Lamela 7
Son 8
Chadli 6
Kane 6

Eriksen 7
Njie 6
Carroll n/a

A few points re players

Really good game from Lloris, decisive, good saves, well done.
Another decent game from Dier
Really liked the energy and threat Son brought, felt he lifted the crowd, team from early.
Alli did well, but we will have to have patience, his confidence/aggression will lead to the odd mistake.
Actually thought Chadli contributed well in first half, faded a bit in second half.

Eriksen showed what we missed.

Palace played that physical, little late, pushing type game they normally do, didn't work against us (would have in the past).

Another win, another clean sheet, well done, COYS!

Lloris - 8

Walker - 6
Alder - 7
Vert - 7
Davies - 6

Dier - 8
Alli - 7

Chadli - 6
Son - 8
Lamela - 7

Kane - 6

Subs:
Eriksen - 7
Njie - 5

So much better movement and speed, all round.
Feel much more positive now, really believe we can score and equally grind out results

Still some way to go, but getting there and most of the players are growing into their roles.

Dier
Son
Hugo stand outs today for me.

Hugo - 8

Walker - 7
Toby - 8
Jan - 7
Davies - 7

Dier - 8
Alli - 7

Son - 8
Lamela - 7
Chadli - 6

Kane - 6

Eriksen - 7
Njie 6

Was an ok performance against a team who allowed us to play. Could have had 2 against aswell and our decision making around the box is still really poor.

7.5 / 10 performance

5 / 10 decision making

Was an ok performance against a team who allowed us to play. Could have had 2 against aswell and our decision making around the box is still really poor.

7.5 / 10 performance

5 / 10 decision making

I don't agree that they allowed us to play. They sat very deep and had nine or ten men behind the ball most of the time. That is very difficult to break down.

I don't agree that they allowed us to play. They sat very deep and had nine or ten men behind the ball most of the time. That is very difficult to break down.

Exactly, the last thing you can claim CP under Pardew does is let you play, very physical and use small fouls as a tactic, deep and very well organized with a counter play always available.

We killed them by NOT giving them and easy pass out from deep, when we lost the ball and they tried a quick long pass, we dealt with it well and put them right back under pressure.

Having the numbers behind the ball and letting us have as much of it as we wanted is letting us play in my book.

Having the numbers behind the ball and letting us have as much of it as we wanted is letting us play in my book.

It's really not for me. Letting us play is the opposition pushing on, attacking and leaving gaps for us to exploit. Palace had a game plan and executed it pretty well in the main, I thought, at least.

Alli a 6? Loads of 6 for Davies? No mention of walker in a particularly positive light? Strange.

Lloris - 9. Helped us get 3 points, did everything else perfectly.
Walker - 7.5 - Would be more if not for that brain fart at the end of the first half. But other than he was solid, supported the attack. Great display.
Toby - 7.5 - Solid.
Jan - 7.5 - Solid
Davies - 7. Another good display, think he's a great little player. Does offer as much in attack as Rose, but other than looking threatening, how much did Rose actually produce (I actually don't know, it may be loads). Davies is really solid.
Dier - 8. Another great display, it's not even a surprise anymore.
Alli - 7.5. Not perfect, some sloppy passes and gave the ball away, but his ethic, his driving forward, his creativity and will to attack is so refreshing to see.
Son - 9. Great goal, almost Bale-esque. Again, not everything works for him, but who cares when he tries such exciting stuff, fast, great feet, wants to take people on and try tricks. Love him already!
Lamela - 8. A few things didn't work out, but in the mean he gave his usual battling performance, but with greater vision, passing and shooting. Now just become consistent!
Chadli - 6 - A few nice moments here and there, but his goals mask other wise minimum impact.
Kane - 6. His performance are scary. That free header, some general work... His alright play is okay and he works hard, but he doesn't look a good striker at all.... Hope he ignites when he finally gets a goal, but the instant drop off at the first sign of a drought is terrifying to see.

Eriksen - great to see him come on and be everything we've missed. Exciting slotting him into this team
NJie - couldn't do much, but great work ethic, can't wait to see him get a full game.
Carroll - can't even remember him touching the ball.

We are in the difficult position of being good enough that most teams come to the Lane for a point but not rich enough to be able to afford world class players who can create something out of nothing to find a way through. We need to rely on teamwork and developing players. To be successful this requires patience from our fans.

Alli a 6? Loads of 6 for Davies? No mention of walker in a particularly positive light? Strange.

Lloris - 9. Helped us get 3 points, did everything else perfectly.
Walker - 7.5 - Would be more if not for that brain fart at the end of the first half. But other than he was solid, supported the attack. Great display.
Toby - 7.5 - Solid.
Jan - 7.5 - Solid
Davies - 7. Another good display, think he's a great little player. Does offer as much in attack as Rose, but other than looking threatening, how much did Rose actually produce (I actually don't know, it may be loads). Davies is really solid.
Dier - 8. Another great display, it's not even a surprise anymore.
Alli - 7.5. Not perfect, some sloppy passes and gave the ball away, but his ethic, his driving forward, his creativity and will to attack is so refreshing to see.
Son - 9. Great goal, almost Bale-esque. Again, not everything works for him, but who cares when he tries such exciting stuff, fast, great feet, wants to take people on and try tricks. Love him already!
Lamela - 8. A few things didn't work out, but in the mean he gave his usual battling performance, but with greater vision, passing and shooting. Now just become consistent!
Chadli - 6 - A few nice moments here and there, but his goals mask other wise minimum impact.
Kane - 6. His performance are scary. That free header, some general work... His alright play is okay and he works hard, but he doesn't look a good striker at all.... Hope he ignites when he finally gets a goal, but the instant drop off at the first sign of a drought is terrifying to see.

Eriksen - great to see him come on and be everything we've missed. Exciting slotting him into this team
NJie - couldn't do much, but great work ethic, can't wait to see him get a full game.
Carroll - can't even remember him touching the ball.

I think most other people's ratings were on the money.

Davies was ok, but got beaten a few times, made some sloppy passes and was not a good outlet when he had it. He put in a 6/10 performance. Pretty underwhelming.

Alli was decent but struggled with the ball a little bit and didn't look as good as he had done. Another 6.5 performance for me, maybe 6.

Kane doesn't look a good striker? He looks a quality striker even when he's not scoring. Today he was quiet but still did nearly everything right today and his basic qualities are very good.

Lamela was 7/10 today. For a change he was involved in some good moments and kept it simpler than usual. However still lots of sloppy, poor moments in his defending and with the ball so You can't give him an 8. Today he showed some genuine promise and now needs to get this as a minimum base level and then be able to improve into a good prem player.

Back