• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Lazio

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 8. Loved his presence and distribution. Looks the gonad*s.

Walker - 6. He looks off the boil this season. An okay game, nothing more.
Caulker - 8. Thought he looked excellent. Wrongly disallowed goal.
Vert' - 8. Best game for us. Sure in defence and good forward runs.
Naughton - 7. Lot better than at Reading, wasn't helped by Bale's disappearing.

Lennon - 6. Mixed bag. Over-complicated too many times when he could have shot.
Sandro - 8. Covered the centre excellently.
Dembele - 6. A few ghosting runs don't hide the lack of creativity at the moment. Bit of a passenger.
Bale - 5. The number of times we had space on the left, when Bale was GHod-knows where was excrutiating.

Dempsey - 6. Not involved enough.
Defoe - 7. Worked hard, made some great runs but was offered very little support.

Lloris - 8 - One rushing when shouldnt, otherwise faultless. looked to instill confidence in the defence

Walker - 7 - Clean sheet, couple of times gave ball away but linked well with lennon
Caulker - 8.5 - Scored a Valid goal, damn blind ref's. Solid apart from that
Vert - 8.5 - Great game, marshalled defence well
Naughton - 8 - Looked excellent all game

Lennon - 9 - MOM for me, everything ran through the little man, wish he was a bit greedier at times and took the shot, but i think that will come with games
Sandro - 8.5 - superb
Dembele - 8 - Good game, nice dribbles, doesnt quite have modric's vision for the pass, but looks a great player none the less
Bale - 7 - Better second half when he stuck to the left

Dempsey - 7 - Solid if not spectacular debut, more to come i think
Defore - 7 - Worked hard and in the channels, didnt really get a sniff.

Refs/linesmans - 1 - Should have gone to specsavers.

Overall - Good performance against a high flying Lazio team, should have really won 2-0, cant ask more then that to be honest. Hopefully we can take that performance into our next game.

Lloris 7

Walker 6.5
Caulker 7
Vertonghen 7
Naughton 7

Sandro 7
Dembele 6.5

Lennon 7 - shoot ffs!
Dempsey 6.5
Bale 5

Defoe 6

Lloris - 7
Walker - 6
Vertonghen - 8
Caulker - 7
Naughton - 7

Sandro - 8.5
Dembele - 8
Lennon - 7
Dempsey - 7
Bale - 6
Defoe - 6

Lloris receiving 8's for doing what exactly? A couple of catches from crosses? :lol:

Lloris : 7 - Solid debut. Distribution wasn't great, but excellent command of the area. Didn't have a save to make.

Walker : 5 - Thought he was poor. A couple of good things, but gave the ball away a fair few times and was caught out of position on a couple of occassions.

Caulker : 7 - A couple of times our defence was all over the place but that was usually after we had sloppily given it away and Lazio countered. When we were set out correctly I thought he did well. Not sure about the goal. Seen it a few times now and from some angles it looked legit and others it looked like he was climbing.

Verts : 7 - Decent solid performance and cut out the aimless long balls from recent games which was good to see!

Naughton : 7 - Another one who looked comfortable and he got forward in supporting positions well.

Lennon : 6 - Heavily involved but very wasteful at times.

Sandro : 8 - Although Lazio sat back and Klose didn't really provide much threat in terms of pace in that no man's land I thought Sandro did brilliantly nicking the ball away.

Dembele : 7 - His ball retention is superb but I wish his runs were more penetrating. Too many end up with him running sideways across the pitch beating three or four players before passing the ball backwards or sideways. Defensively did very well though.

Dempsey : 6 - Was unlucky with the goal which I do believe should have stood. But a little quiet other than that and didn't really get involved as much as I'd like to have seen.

Bale : 7 - It is a measure of how much we expect things from him that he effectively sets up two disallowed goals and yet people don't think he did enough. For me he was the only creative threat we had all night.

Defoe : 7 - I thought he played well today and it is surprising me how well he is playing as a lone striker.

----

AVB : 7 - wish he'd been a little more adventurous earlier on or switched to 4-4-2 and gone for the win and I really didn't understand us lobbing the ball into the box in the last minute and him taking off Dembele for a midget! But the starting line up was strong and tactically we played very well. We seriously lack a cutting edge, but I think that limitation is down to the players and not the tactics.

Overall, we deserved the win. I can understand why none of the goals were given and it wasn't our night but I do believe we were the better side and controlled the game very well. We also played some attractive stuff in patches of a couple of minutes here and there. That said, Klose missed two very good chances (one sitter actually) and they got in behind Walker two or three times so we didn't have it all our own way. And for me the MoM was our defensive midfielder Sandro when I'd much rather it be an attacking player! But overall, the most pleased I've been about a performance in this new era.

Lloris- 7 Fine in the air and good distribution

Walker 5 Most exposed defender

Vertonghen 7 Fine again

Caulker 8 I like him, fine display

Naughton 7 I also like him, sound

Lennon 6 Same old thing, good pace but poor finishing, should have scored two

Sandro 7 Getting back to his best

Dembele 8 Very very good player

Bale 6 Again not at best, set pieces not good enough, improved a bit second half

Dempsey 6 Scored a fine header disallowed but not much apart from that, settling in

Defoe 6 Hes on form, but never really in front of goal tonight

A lot to like about that game. Naughton looks like a proper player. Good attacking runs from Dembele. Lennon MOTM for me. Caulker did not look out of place. Bale made good runs. Verts is looking better. Sandro looked solid. Lloris untroubled
Proviso for me was that Lazio (despite 4 yellows) were not exactly risking life or limb in challenges.
I agree with the ITV pundit that a draw was a fair result despite the goals that should have stood.

For Caulker to come into the side against a foe like Lazio and perform so confidently = a 9 from me.

Don't think anyone had a bad game, TBH.

Walker, yes there was a period where he gave the ball straight to them 3 times in a row, but it was not in too dangerous a position, and I feel that was a far better game defensively from him tonight.
naughton was so composed, but needs a left foot.

Very impressed overall.

Lloris - 8. Loved his presence and distribution. Looks the gonad*s.

Walker - 6. He looks off the boil this season. An okay game, nothing more.
Caulker - 8. Thought he looked excellent. Wrongly disallowed goal.
Vert' - 8. Best game for us. Sure in defence and good forward runs.
Naughton - 7. Lot better than at Reading, wasn't helped by Bale's disappearing.

Lennon - 6. Mixed bag. Over-complicated too many times when he could have shot.
Sandro - 8. Covered the centre excellently.
Dembele - 6. A few ghosting runs don't hide the lack of creativity at the moment. Bit of a passenger.
Bale - 5. The number of times we had space on the left, when Bale was GHod-knows where was excrutiating.

Dempsey - 6. Not involved enough.
Defoe - 7. Worked hard, made some great runs but was offered very little support.

Agree with this.

Lennon made some great runs but again his final ball or decision making (someone tell him he can shoot ffs) lets him down.

Bale is the biggest disappointement to me. He looks a pale shadow compared to what we all know he can do. I dont know if he is playing to orders or is taking it upon himself, but either way he doesnt look nearly as effective as in past seasons. Has he lost a yard or two of his blistering pace? Lennon seemed to accelerate into space, but Bale never made a yard on his full back to deliver a killing cross, he was always under pressure and although he did deliver one or two from impossible angles, it was always just in time rather than having an extra split second to find a man. Just a thought.

racist lazio fans -10

What were they singing/chanting/shouting?

The commentator on ITV did say some chants aimed at Defoe were 'distasteful at best' but all I could here was 'jermain defoe, he's a yiddo' being sung and I thought the commentator had just missed the point.

Lloris 6 - impressed with his speed and determination coming off his line, also his authority on crosses (something we've not seen at the Lane for a very long time), but made one bad mistake second half leaving his goal exposed, and his distribution seems no better than Friedel's

Walker 6 - so irritating the number of times he gives possession away

Caulker 7 - one bad pass to the oppo in front of goal that could have cost us but overall looked composed and was downright unlucky to have such a well-taken goal disallowed for no good reason

Vertonghen 6 - not impressed with his tendency to head the ball back to the oppo

Naughton,7 - much better performance tonight despite the odd ****-up

Lennon 7 - was busy-busy but had a tough time having to take on two, three or even four defenders

Sandro 6 - not as dominant as he can be, was another whose poor distribution frustrated

Dembele 7 - some lovely runs, great to see him glide past defenders with such ease. Another who was guilty of an horrendous pass to the oppo

Dempsey 7 - showed some good touches and worked hard

Bale 7 - still a long way from his best, too many average crosses, but as with Lennon often had to take on two, three even four at a time

Defoe 6 - worked hard but this commitment cost us first half when Bale got in behind their defence and crossed into a wide open box with no one there to capitalise

Subs

Sigurdsson 5 - didn't really show

Townsend 8 - looked lively, tricky and dangerous, should have come on much earlier second half

Last edited:
Lloris receiving 8's for doing what exactly? A couple of catches from crosses? :lol:

Lloris : 7 - Solid debut. Distribution wasn't great, but excellent command of the area. Didn't have a save to make.

Walker : 5 - Thought he was poor. A couple of good things, but gave the ball away a fair few times and was caught out of position on a couple of occassions.

Caulker : 7 - A couple of times our defence was all over the place but that was usually after we had sloppily given it away and Lazio countered. When we were set out correctly I thought he did well. Not sure about the goal. Seen it a few times now and from some angles it looked legit and others it looked like he was climbing.

Verts : 7 - Decent solid performance and cut out the aimless long balls from recent games which was good to see!

Naughton : 7 - Another one who looked comfortable and he got forward in supporting positions well.

Lennon : 6 - Heavily involved but very wasteful at times.

Sandro : 8 - Although Lazio sat back and Klose didn't really provide much threat in terms of pace in that no man's land I thought Sandro did brilliantly nicking the ball away.

Dembele : 7 - His ball retention is superb but I wish his runs were more penetrating. Too many end up with him running sideways across the pitch beating three or four players before passing the ball backwards or sideways. Defensively did very well though.

Dempsey : 6 - Was unlucky with the goal which I do believe should have stood. But a little quiet other than that and didn't really get involved as much as I'd like to have seen.

Bale : 7 - It is a measure of how much we expect things from him that he effectively sets up two disallowed goals and yet people don't think he did enough. For me he was the only creative threat we had all night.

Defoe : 7 - I thought he played well today and it is surprising me how well he is playing as a lone striker.

----

AVB : 7 - wish he'd been a little more adventurous earlier on or switched to 4-4-2 and gone for the win and I really didn't understand us lobbing the ball into the box in the last minute and him taking off Dembele for a midget! But the starting line up was strong and tactically we played very well. We seriously lack a cutting edge, but I think that limitation is down to the players and not the tactics.

Overall, we deserved the win. I can understand why none of the goals were given and it wasn't our night but I do believe we were the better side and controlled the game very well. We also played some attractive stuff in patches of a couple of minutes here and there. That said, Klose missed two very good chances (one sitter actually) and they got in behind Walker two or three times so we didn't have it all our own way. And for me the MoM was our defensive midfielder Sandro when I'd much rather it be an attacking player! But overall, the most pleased I've been about a performance in this new era.

Strange isn't it?

Thought Verts looked very strong again. Similar to King in the sense that he just gets on with the game, classy footballer and doesn't really say too much.

Naughton isn't a left back, square pegs, round holes.

Lloris looked very comfortable and assured.

Didn't think Defoe did an awful lot.

Only 3 home games thus far so too early to judge, but so far, we haven't been that good to watch IMO. Hopefully in time that will improve once the team gels.

Having a good performance as a goalie isn't all about spectacular saves. It's also about being calm, having a strong presence, making correct decisions and distribution. All of which I thought Lloris done particularly well in this game.

Lloris - 8 - solid debut, clean sheet, commanded his box well

Naughton - 6 - ok
Caulker - 7 - great physical presence
Vertonghen - 7 - composed
Walker - 6 - not his best game

Lennon - 7 - kepy trying, some good runs
Dembele - 7 - never stopped running
Sandro - 8 - MotM
Bale - 7 - unlucky with 2 disallowed goals he set up

Dempsey - 6 - marginalised
Defoe - 6 - worked hard but little product

Everyone had a good, solid game for Spurs last night but I thought that Naughton did exceptionally well for us and Caulker looks like he'll be around for many more years to come.

I still can't believe we had the ball in the back of the net three times and only came away with a goalless draw.

Thought that Caulker looked like a beast last night! Didnt look at all out of place and I would be tempted to place him and Verts together on Sunday - think those two and Kaboul will be our regular CBs going forwards so may as well get them game time together asap. Havent been that impressed with Gallas so far this year so not sure why he should automatically come back in on Sunday

Having a good performance as a goalie isn't all about spectacular saves. It's also about being calm, having a strong presence, making correct decisions and distribution. All of which I thought Lloris done particularly well in this game.

all that shouldnt be worth an 8

being calm comes in the face of adversity and pressure. i didnt see any of that sustained to say that lloris' calmness was a highlighted quality....

i'm a bit confused about distibution ....i saw him make a good pass to naughton that was nearly intercepted ...but that aside was there another notable pass that progressed the team forward or started a play from the base? like vorm or reina or even de gea wen his confidence is up..these guys pick passes between opposition ..over them ......call holders in to receive passes to start plays etc.....having said that i missed like the last 15 to 20 minutes. it must have happened then

For a goal keeper in particular (cause the qualities you mention i feel do deserve an 8 for more outfield positions)i just dont see an 8 when work isnt as involved or noticeable benefits to what they are doing .

all that shouldnt be worth an 8

being calm comes in the face of adversity and pressure. i didnt see any of that sustained to say that lloris' calmness was a highlighted quality....

i'm a bit confused about distibution ....i saw him make a good pass to naughton that was nearly intercepted ...but that aside was there another notable pass that progressed the team forward or started a play from the base? like vorm or reina or even de gea wen his confidence is up..these guys pick passes between opposition ..over them ......call holders in to receive passes to start plays etc.....having said that i missed like the last 15 to 20 minutes. it must have happened then

For a goal keeper in particular (cause the qualities you mention i feel do deserve an 8 for more outfield positions)i just dont see an 8 when work isnt as involved or noticeable benefits to what they are doing .

First game, first clean sheet, deserves an 8. Cant say more than that.

Back