• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings v Benfica

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
Lloris - 4. Couldn't do much for the goals, but a couple of ludicrous decisions.

Walker - 5. Looked injured, shouldn't have started.
Kaboul - 4. Awful. Looked like he couldn't be arsed.
Vert' - 6. Slightly better performance than of late.
Naughton - 4. Not a LB, why didn't Rose start if he was fit for the bench?

Lennon - 4. Looks to me like his pace/acceleration has gone. Without that offers nothing.
Paulinho - 2. **** poor. Brings absolutely nothing to the team what so ever.
Sandro - 5. Becoming a liability with the risk of a red always there, needs to concentrate on positioning more than charging in.
Eriksen - 6. Fantastic goal, but wasted on the left.

Kane - 5. Tried hard, but not really the quality we need.
Adebayor - 5. Nothing came off for him, should have scored.

Tim - 4. Poor, poor team selection.

Lloris - 4. he will get sent off soon

Walker - 5. just no football brain
Kaboul - 7 gave hes all but let down by hes other defenders
Vert' - 3 he dont care
Naughton - 4. mistake led to the goal.
Lennon - 2 forever running nowhere.
Paulinho - 2.awfull
Sandro - 6 silly early booking but tired
Eriksen - why is our best player on the left
Kane - 6 tried hard and done well
Adebayor - 4 needs a rest
tim why not give ade a rest and start soldado

Lloris - 4

Walker - 5
Vertonghen - 5
Kaboul - 4
Naughton - 4

Lennon - 5.5
Invisibilinho - 4
Sandro - 5.5
Eriksen - 6.5

Kane - 6
Adebayor - 5

Walker spent half the night passing the ball to a red shirt, he wasn't content with that though so started throwing it to them as well.

Eriksen our only good player.

Lloris - 4 Had very little to do,but done his best to f*ck up anything he actually did have to do

Walker - 6 Average
Kaboul - 3 Shocking display of not being arsed
Vertonghen - 4 Similar to Kaboul but not quite as bad (see him 'trying' to close down shot for 3rd goal)
Naughton - 5 Caught out for first goal, not a left back though

Eriksen - 7 our only moderately bright spark
Paulinho - 4 His score is invisible just like him
Sandro - 5 sloppy, lost the ball, looked off the pace. Not like him.
Lennon - 6 worked hard but that was it

Ade - 6 no support but didn't do much to help himself
Kane - 6 Might as well not been on the pitch bar one nice turn and pass before his c*ck up. After that he picked himself up and done fairly well

TS - 4

I'm disappointed to say this, but it has come to the stage where I am starting to hope I never see Lennon wear the shirt again. Offers so little, which is a shame, a few years ago he was a real threat... :-(

Walker spent half the night passing the ball to a red shirt, he wasn't content with that though so started throwing it to them as well.

Eriksen our only good player.

Hard to disagree. Walker looked injured to me so maybe Naughton should've started on the right.

I'm disappointed to say this, but it has come to the stage where I am starting to hope I never see Lennon wear the shirt again. Offers so little, which is a shame, a few years ago he was a real threat... :-(

Said this in another thread.

Really should be offering so much more than a 'good defensive shift'. Time to move him on whilst he still commands a decent fee.

Lolris - confidence sapping

Naughton - did ok
Walker - not fit but still our best defender
Verts - half hearted
Kabs - awful

Lennon - bless him, he tried
Eriksen - great FK, needs to release that final ball quicker
Sandro - not fit is he
Paulinho - still hasn't worked out where he should be

Kane - promising, the rest of them should be ashamed that he was the one trying to take the game to Benfica
Ade - hid

Rose/Soldado/Bentaleb - couldn't get in the game that was already lost

players 5 - some 4 some 6
coach 1.

or if we deliberately threw the game
players 7, coach 10
cos I certainly could not tell

LLORIS: 4 - dreadful distribution and the usual couple of brainfarts

WALKER: 5 - started brightly then went down the ****pan. Just an athlete really
KABOUL: 5 - same as above
VERTONGHEN: 6 - probably our best defender on the night, which isn't saying much
NAUGHTON: 4 - ****, but I guess it ain't his fault he has to keep playing out of position

LENNON: 4 - poor, poor, poor
SANDRO: 5 - tried hard but overall play was pap
PAULINHO: 1 - shows no eagerness whatsoever to get involved, despite playing in a position which requires involvement
ERIKSEN: 6 - provided a rare quality moment from a Lilywhite. Out of position and it showed

ADEBAYOR: 4 - utter ****, didn't even attempt to get involved
Kane: 5 - did okay, but lack of ability shone through at times

ROSE: 4 - some bad touches
SOLDADO: n/a - barely had a touch
BENTALEB: n/a - too late to judge

Hard to escape the conclusion that we lost this game mainly because of inferior coaching; the gulf in tactical nous between the two teams was stark

Lloris 4 - couple of decent saves but caught in nomansland for two of the goals, hence the low mark
Walker 5 - plenty of challenge, just way short on finesse
Kaboul 5 - so want to give him much higher marks for his resolve and determination, especially going forward but he's lack of class where it matters is frankly embarrassing
Verthonghen 5 - just doesn't look happy these days
Naughton 5 - Rodrigo's goal painfully exposed his lack of positional nous as well as pace
Lennon 4 - tried hard enough but seems to have lost his way
Paulhinho 4 - at least we got SOME battle out of him tonight but the alarming thing is it was still to no more effect than when he sleepwalks through games
Sandro 5 - can never be faulted for lack of character but like others tonight his shortage of class was painful to behold
Eriksen 7 - still a few too many errors but he's the one player who looks the part even without the bonus of his wonder FKs
Kane 5 - the gamble of starting him against top class opposition backfired in Tim's face, but at least he put himself about more than a certain £25m player
Adebayor 6 - crowded out by a very well-organised defence

Subs
Soldado 4
Rose 5
Bentaleb 5

Lloris 4
Walker 5
Kaboul 5
Vertonghen 5
Naughton 4
Lennon 5
Sandro 6