• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings against Polarbear FC

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Nobody?

I was stuck in traffic for most of the first half, then had to pop out shortly into the second.

Nobody?

I was stuck in traffic for most of the first half, then had to pop out shortly into the second.

You didn't miss much. A couple of decent finishes by Defoe and a cracker from Eriksen at the end. The rest of the game was snoresville.

Lloris 6

Naughton 6
Dawson 6
Kaboul 6
Rose 7

Sandro 7
Dembele 7

Lamela 7
Holtby 6.5
Sigurdsson 6

Defoe 8

Vertonghen 7
Eriksen 7.5
Paulinho 6.5

Lloris n/a - how do you rate a spectator?

Naughton 6 - plenty of neat touches, decent tackles and safe short passes (plus the odd long one) but showed little ambition going forward apart from the lay-off to Eriksen for his goal, and blotted his copybook seriously late on with a stray pass straight to the opposition in front of an almost open goal.

Dawson 6 - the usual mix of timely and alarmingly miss-timed interventions as well as both good and bad longer forward passes

Kaboul 7 - looked lively going forward and a beast at the back apart from the inevitable brainfart

Rose 7 - excellent defensively and impressive marauding down the flank; if only he could produce a better standard of crossing

Dembele 7 - influential early on in gaining possession and setting others on their way but as so often happens, seemed to lose his way as the game progressed

Sandro 8 - no-one gets past The Beast! Rescued us a couple of times when it looked like Tromso had broken through

Lamela 6 - you can see the boy oozes class but last night was all about finding his feet, so need to make allowances for errors

Holtby 7 - some exquisitely placed -and paced - passes that put Defoe and others through first half, but lost his way in the second, culminating in carelessly yielding possession in a dangerous area

Sigurdsson 5 - another one of those maddening performances where time after time he just cannot seem to achieve what he wants whilst still managing to put himself about and produce the odd excellent strike on goal

Defoe 8 - two excellent goals early on the result of hunger and determination to find space and get on the scoresheet; faded somewhat second half

Subs

Vertongen 7 - a couple of dazzling dribbles when he was out on the left, always looked comfortable

Eriksen 8 - looks so composed and inventive on the ball, capped it off with a sunptuous strike for 3-0

Paulinho 7 - impressive

6.5s all round for me.

Did the job early and completely took foot off the pedal for the last hour.

Decent interplay between the trio of Holtby, Siggy and Lamela to carve out the chances against the bus.

Eriksen and Paulinho raised the tempo considerably when they came on.

Lloris 6 Feel mean not giving him more for a clean sheet but had absolutely nothing to do

Naughton 7 Consummate performance. Doesn't offer us as much as Walker but solid enough.

Dawson 7 Excellent game from Daws. Stepped in to sweep up some of other people's mistakes.

Kaboul 6 Defensively a bit suspect at points but nothing some match practice wont fix.

Rose 7 Totally winning me over. Was worried going into the season with him being first choice but now scared at the prospect of not having him fit.

Dembele 7 Seemed more like his old self.

Sandro 8 BEAST

Lamela 6 I put my point as well as I could in the Lamela thread. Good short passing but close control was poor and didn't threaten the wing nearly enough. Is going to require some patience from us lot.

Holtby 7 Love the fact that his endeavour seems to be matched with some genuine skill. Like Dirk Kuyt with talent.

Sigurdsson 6 Disappointing. Was pleased he got 2 goals vs Norwich but the confidence just seemed to have a negative impact on his performance here. Nothing terrible but nothing good.

Defoe 8 Feel like Bobby is going to deny him some much deserved game time. Simple and clinical, will score a hatful with Eriksen, Lamela and Holtby behind him.

Verts 7 SOOPER JAN WAS SOOPER

Eriksen 7 Not much time to impress but did a lot with what he was given

Paulinho 7 First time I've seen him in the flesh and finally started to believe the hype

ERIK THE VIKING 10 He should be given a permanent season ticket and just do motivational speeches to the players. Top bloke.

Lloris - N/A
Naughton 7 -
Kaboul 7
Dawson 7
Rose
Dembele 7
Sigi 5
Sandro 7
Dembele 7
Holtby7
Lamela 7
Defoe 8

Vertongen 7.5
Eriksen 8
Paulniho7

Lloris - 6 - Didn't have to do much, however i wasn't impressed with his distribution, he kept putting players under pressure, notably Naughton a number of times.

Naughton - 6.5 - Did alright, doesn't seem to add so much going forward when playing with an 'inside forward', does better with a classic winger imo.
Kaboul - 6.5 - wasn't tested much, can't really rate him higher, the one that stick in my my is him lunging into a tackle and getting nowhere near it though..
Dawson - 6.5 - same as above, the 'tackle' was after Kaboul had sold himself too, we were fortunate the final pass was ****e.
Rose - 7 - looked good going forward, added width on the left and was willing to take his man on. Hopefully not out for long.

Sandro - 8 - Was a beast. Granted Tromso weren't the best unit, but Sandro just seemed to draw the ball to his feet, picked out a couple of peaches of passes too. One of the only consistent performers for 90 minutes, my MOTM, hopefully a sign of things to come.
Dembele - 7 - Seemed better, not sure if it was the uselessness of the opposition or that playing him deeper suits him.

Lamela - 7.5 - Wonderful assist for Defoe, and worked hard when he had to. Flashes of elegance, have hopes, have to wait and see.
Holtby - 5.5 - Good assist for Defoe, started brightly but just got massively lazy on the ball, slowed us down and gave it away numerous times in our own half.
Siggy - 6.5 - Thought he did well, One or two decent shots, perhaps should not have pulled the trigger quite as much as he did though, needs to improve his decision making.

Defoe - 8 - three/four chances, two goals. Good finishes too. Didn't get the service in the second half so looked a bit isolated.

Most interesting thing about the night was chatting with Tormso fans in the pub before the game. If the seats in the ground were more comfortable I would have gone to sleep like the kid sitting two seats away from me did.

Most interesting thing about the night was chatting with Tormso fans in the pub before the game. If the seats in the ground were more comfortable I would have gone to sleep like the kid sitting two seats away from me did.

What a good post.

Exciting game it wasn't. Nobody did anything bad and Eriksen did something very good.

Siggy is starting to remind me of a white Jermaine Jenas everything from his running style where he can't quite get the ball under control to his constant hands out gestures to his team mates

Siggy is starting to remind me of a white Jermaine Jenas everything from his running style where he can't quite get the ball under control to his constant hands out gestures to his team mates
Apart from those 2 goals in the previous game.

He has got to man up in tackles and in general.

All is not lost with Siggy.

Apart from those 2 goals in the previous game.

He has got to man up in tackles and in general.

All is not lost with Siggy.

I think he is technically very good but then so was Jermaine and look what happened to him. Interesting how both Jenas and Sigg can divide us fans.

I think he is technically very good but then so was Jermaine and look what happened to him. Interesting how both Jenas and Sigg can divide us fans.

I can see where you are coming from. AVB keeps playing Siggy so like me he thinks there is something there.

Boring game. We killed them then played at walking pace for the rest of the game. So much so that we got sloppy in the second half:

Lloris - 5 - they didn't have a shot on target and other than the odd clearance or gk he just chilled out

Naughton - 6 - solid and showed some neat footwork on occasions

Kaboul - 6 - solid for the most part but did give the ball away in a very dangerous position second half as he switched off along with the entire Spurs team

Dawson - 6 - nothing really to do.

Rose - 7 - was out biggest attacking outlet before he got injured.

Sandro - 7 - constantly intercepted possession

Dembele - 8 - imperious display, constantly dribbled through midfield like they weren't there, didn't mislay a pass and won possession back time after time

Lamela - 6 - showed some beautiful touches such as some instant control on his shoulder/chest and some great movement when he was almost found by Sandro. Very eager to play give and goes and short passes around the box but often wasn't found by team mates on the return and got a bit frustrated. Great assist . Solid but unspectacular debut but showed he will create and score for us in time

Holtby - 6 - another assist! Very enthusiastic but gave the ball away very cheaply a couple of times in dangerous positions second half.

Sig - 6 didn't quite come off for him but showed some nice touches and skill

Defoe - 8 - two great finishes and some other good shots. Lively and seemed to appreciate the service he got.

Subs-

Vertonghen - 8 - some utter class footwork to bring the ball out of some tight defensive spots. Guy oozes class!

Eriksen - 8 - stunning goal. Some lovely touches too. Seems to understand where everyone is on the pitch and what they're going to do before it happens. They put something in the water at Ajax!

Paulinho - 7 - very impressed, strong, great footwork and a stunning pass to find Lamela

I think you are forgetting how sh*t we used to be.

I think you are forgetting how sh*t we used to be.

I can only guess, but it seems quite a few posters weren't around 10 years ago. Or maybe they've just blocked everything pre 2004 from their memory.

There was a time when Jenas would have looked like Messi in our team.

Back