• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ratings against Norwich

Kenyan Spur

Peter Taylor
First up I am drunk. So please forgive any spelling mistakes that spell check doesnt pick up.

Had a great Xmas yesterday, with good food and a lot of drinks.

Woke up at around 11am. this morning. Decided to go to the beach club ( maybe a mistake ). Anyway got there at around 1pm. to see ManU losing 2-0 to Stoke. GOOD.
England were also doing well against South Africa after an iffy start. That is cricket for those that dont know bat and ball and LBW etc. etc.

Pimms No.1 had a promotional tent offering free roostertails. I have never been a Pimms drinker, although the wife likes them. But these were on the house so I decided to try one. Was quite good, so I had another 2. Big mistake. After that I had a couple of Tusker lagers. !!!

Wife was asking me to go home to watch the spurs game. However, in my wisdom, or lack of it, I convinced her that the club had a much bigger screen than I have at home, plus there were a couple of Spurs mates there, So we stayed there. Another mistake.

One of the Spurs mate then decided that we had already drunk enough beers. He proceeded to order a large jug of stiff bloody Mary - a drink I quite like occasionally. Needless to say, that was not the end of it.
I had to return the favour. So I ordered another jug, as did another mate.!!! And other people I believe.

All this was happening just before the kick off and during the game.

Now to the ratings.

I remember Hugo making some world class saves early on. So 9
Kane scored 2 before half time.So 9
Alli, I believe was involved in both of those goals. So 8

Then it was half time, and I was falling asleep or more likely in a drunken state.

Than I heard that we were putting on a carol. I couldnt understand that. I mean Xmas was over, so why a Xmas carol. The wife explained that it was a a little guy called Carrol who had come on as a sub.

Later this Carrol apparently scored a beauty. ( To the disgust of the gutter press, who dont think he should be in the squad )

It seems we won 3-0. Good. Clean sheet and improves our goal difference, which could be very important come the end of the season.

So, I will give the rest of the team 7s & 8s.

MoPo - 8
Ref - 2

By the way, I stayed for another beer to watch the full moon rising from the Indian Ocean, with palm trees in the foreground.

The good wife had to help me walk over the sand, get me into the car and drive me home.

LIFE CAN BE TOUGH IN THE TROPICS

COYS

Last edited:
You're not drunk, that is the most eloquent post you've ever made. Drink more next time. Well done. I sat in my lounge all day feeling ill, eating chocolates. Not tropical. Cold.

A real '7' out of 10 performance today, really good stuff, and this type of performance which is the backbone of successful seasons.

Hugo - 7.5. Two or three good saves. great bravery at the end on the line. Ultra-consistent match, as ever, from Hugo. F@rk off Gary F@@king Birtles on the sky commentary claiming that his punch out on Jerome was even close to a penalty.

Walker - 7. Solid all game, continues his strong season, got forward well, one minor brain fart.
Vertonghen - 7. Some good interceptions. Managed the game well. Solid as a rock, just like his...
Alderweireld - 7.... Belgian partner-in-crime. Love watching these two lads play at the back. They are a pair, a unit, both so good on the ball and it's awesome seeing us defend so well so consistently.
Davies - 7. Just like the rest of the backline basically.

Dier - 7. Solid if not spectacular.
Dembele - 7. Not uber beast mode today... just the standard beast mode. He really is a key component of this team.

Alli - 8.5. Really impressive today. Great touches, smart movement, nice pass and move interplay with Lamela, great energy. A star in the making and it's incredible how a 19 year old kid plays at this elevated level already. As he improves he is going to be some player.
Lamela - 8. Excellent game - usual workrate as always but showing real skill, touch, moments of class. Loved the attempt at a Rabona sequel. Should have either scored or got an assist with the 4 on 1 at the end.
Eriksen - 6. Not his best game. I thought first half he was pretty much anonymous, came into it a bit more second half but he still didn't have that much impact, without being terrible. Needs to re-find his mojo as we got players on the bench chomping at the bit - Son for one.

Kane - 8. Two more goals, 27 in 2015, loved the second finish in particular - vintage Kane, hard and low and accurate like a tracer bullet.

subs:
Carroll - 8. Lovely ping and great impact off the bench. 'Tommy Carroll, he's one of our own'
Son - 6.
Chadli - N/A

Poch - 8. All spot on today from Poch. The team and squad he has created is so pleasing, and in many ways so unlike Spurs. We are resillient and we manage games really well. First 15 mins Norwich started better than us, bit like Saints did, but we stay strong and we stay focused, we stay in it and then we pounce. And the fact we have players consistently coming in from the bench or being rotated in shows how good a squad this guy is building. Onwards and upwards COYS

Would give hugo an 8 for same grear saves,

Walker - 7.5 - really good display, dissipated by some really rubbish bits of play, however the fact he was excellent in the main, especially considering he stood up when we were poor first 30.

Toby - 7.5 - iffy start then excellent

Jan 7.5 - very solid throughout

Davies - 7 - struggled for much of the game but we kept a clean sheet. Also he is definitely being told not to attack as there were times when he held back on purpose.

Dier -7 - solid

Dembele - 7 - poor for the first half but grew into it

Alli - 8 - terrible first 25 then was excellent for next 30 mins

Erisken 6 - really average and despite a couple of great touches/passes, he was really lazy.

lamela - 7.5 - very nice throughout

Kane 9 - movement, touch teamwork and finishing. He is the bar allround striker in the league

Last edited:
Eriksen has not had a very good season but why the feck does this idea keep getting perpetually brought up that he is lazy? Probably the same people that still think Vertonghen is Dutch.
Yea he's definitely not lazy. I would probably look at giving him a break for a bit. Hasbun doubted quality, but is probably one of our least effective performers of those behind Kane in recent weeks

Today he was out on the right a lot. Not sure why that was but it didn't work and when he came back inside and to the left he looked far better. I actually thought his substitution came during his most effective part of the match, where he was involved with pretty much all our forward play.

Looking at MOTD he nearly had 3-4 assists which I had forgotten about. Still just about deserves his spot for me but has to start making more of a difference. If he starts clicking we'll win the title.

Last edited:
First up I am drunk. So please forgive any spelling mistakes that spell check doesnt pick up.

Pimms No.1 had a promotional tent offering free roostertails. I have never been a Pimms drinker, although the wife likes them. But these were on the house so I decided to try one. Was quite good, so I had another 2. Big mistake. After that I had a couple of Tusker lagers. !!!

COYS

Pimms is deceptively deadly, especially on a hot day.

If Coco had (a) confidence in his right foot; (b) scored at least one goal then, like Nigel Tufnell's Marshall amp, his rating would have gone up to 11.

P.S. Tufnell's name chosen as a north-east London homage to Clapton, trivia fans.

A real '7' out of 10 performance today, really good stuff, and this type of performance which is the backbone of successful seasons.

Hugo - 7.5. Two or three good saves. great bravery at the end on the line. Ultra-consistent match, as ever, from Hugo. F@rk off Gary F@@king Birtles on the sky commentary claiming that his punch out on Jerome was even close to a penalty.

Eriksen - 6. Not his best game. I thought first half he was pretty much anonymous, came into it a bit more second half but he still didn't have that much impact, without being terrible. Needs to re-find his mojo as we got players on the bench chomping at the bit - Son for one.

Carroll - 8. Lovely ping and great impact off the bench. 'Tommy Carroll, he's one of our own'

I largely agree with these ratings. Lloris loses half a mark because it would not have been the end of the world had he let one in at the end and therefore won me my bet on Spurs not keeping a clean sheet. On the plus side, we keep racking up the clean sheets, the odds will improve for me on future bets (I always back Spurs not to keep a clean sheet).

I disagree with the rating for Eriksen and would be inclined to apportion the "merely par for the course" rating to Dembele instead.

Eriksen did a couple of excellent first time through balls and one pearler of a curled ball that nearly put Kane through, and that's mainly what he is there for.

Lastly, we need a Tom Carroll song to let him know we want him to stay. The best I can think of is "Roll out the Carroll", but then I am one of those annoying fans who never sings at games anyway - and now you know why!

Going only by Sky's extended highlights am a bit surprised to see Eriksen getting low marks from some. He seemed quite involved in most of our attacks making something like four or five key passes to set up others for shots on goal and stuff.

Going only by Sky's extended highlights am a bit surprised to see Eriksen getting low marks from some. He seemed quite involved in most of our attacks making something like four or five key passes to set up others for shots on goal and stuff.
I suppose that's the advantage of watching highlights.Yes they aren't a representation of the whole game,but show crucial moments. Sometimes players contributions to key situations can be forgotten/missed when watching full game live etc....

You're not drunk, that is the most eloquent post you've ever made. Drink more next time. Well done. I sat in my lounge all day feeling ill, eating chocolates. Not tropical. Cold.

Hi Bullet. I was drunk. Came home and had a few glasses of fresh coconut water. It took me a LONG time to write that post.
Also, I forgot to mention that during this drinking spree, we were having grilled chili king prawns & lobster tails.

I will take your advice and drink more next time. As long as the good wife is ready to take me home. Or of course, I can just drink at home :)

Back