• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Rating out of 10 for the window?

Rating out of 10 for the window is...

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 7.1%

Votes: 14 16.5%

Votes: 40 47.1%

Votes: 22 25.9%

Votes: 2 2.4%

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I was thinking it was a 7. But as we also got Paratici in who seems to be doing a good job I’ll make it a 7.5. A football man in charge of transfers might not sound great but reckon we could be looking at that one piece of business in 3/4 years as the best bit from this summer.

Also I like the fact of the incoming players the oldest is 23. Building for the future. We want to win things now but again in 3/4 years this could be a window we look back on.

So a backup ST/AM combo type player and a creative CM would have been great, but other than that I think we addressed the key problem areas of CB and RB. One thing to keep in mind is that Nuno will probably have two different XIs with little overlap: one for the PL and one for ECL, FA, EFL. So far, with the exception of bringing in Kane in the 3rd match of the season, he has played the same starting XI in every PL match. And my hunch is he will continue to do so. This alone could make a huge difference in terms of the team's performance. No more chopping and changing every game, like Jose did. Rather, a settled starting XI playing week in and week out. It's this kind of continuity that helped Leicester and Chelsea win the league in 2016 and 2017. And although it may not win us the league this year, it could help in us getting top 4. With CL football and the revenue spigot from the new stadium opened up again, next summer's window could be the one that gets us over the top.

I'd be fudging delighted if we figure out something even close to two XIs

It's something we have been absolute brick at for a long time, and even if we do it like against Pacos, i.e. for the away game play complete 2nd team and re-enforce for home, I think it would help. Those awful half and half teams look like brick, breaks the rhythm of players and doesn't give fringe players a real shot.

So a backup ST/AM combo type player and a creative CM would have been great, but other than that I think we addressed the key problem areas of CB and RB. One thing to keep in mind is that Nuno will probably have two different XIs with little overlap: one for the PL and one for ECL, FA, EFL. So far, with the exception of bringing in Kane in the 3rd match of the season, he has played the same starting XI in every PL match. And my hunch is he will continue to do so. This alone could make a huge difference in terms of the team's performance. No more chopping and changing every game, like Jose did. Rather, a settled starting XI playing week in and week out. It's this kind of continuity that helped Leicester and Chelsea win the league in 2016 and 2017. And although it may not win us the league this year, it could help in us getting top 4. With CL football and the revenue spigot from the new stadium opened up again, next summer's window could be the one that gets us over the top.

Romero will be moved into the first 11. We'll see about the others.

Voted 5 myself but it's all up in the air at the moment. First of all, I'm not sure the ratings would be that good if we were in lower mid-table right now. Also, I don't really understand the obsession with clearing wages: it's only relevant if you use that money to sign new/better players. Hopefully, we will do so in the future but we haven't done that at the moment.

As for the players themselves, I haven't seen enough of them to form an opinion. 50m for Romero seems a bit expensive to me but that's more of an inuition at this stage.

I wish we'd signed a playmaking midfielder so I'm a bit disappointed on that front. We also look vulnerable to injuries, except at right-back. If we avoid injuries and we keep on winning, this window will be great in hindsight as it could give us options in a year's time. If Kane and/or Son get injured in December, our season's probably over. It could go either way at the moment but I have been neither impressed nor disappointed with so our signings, so I guess it's a 5 for me.
Think you are undervaluing Kane staying. That on its own is worth a 5.

I'd guess
Romero 80k
Royal 40k
Gil. 35k
Gollini 30k

Pure guess.
No idea if that's correct or course, but keeping those initial wages fairly low early on for younger players is important for long term strategy I think. Allows us to get a couple contract extensions with pay rises if the players are successful.

If we pay a lot early on to secure those players demanding more it easily becomes a headache later on. Even more of the player isn't successful at they'll be harder to move on.

No idea if that's correct or course, but keeping those initial wages fairly low early on for younger players is important for long term strategy I think. Allows us to get a couple contract extensions with pay rises if the players are successful.

If we pay a lot early on to secure those players demanding more it easily becomes a headache later on. Even more of the player isn't successful at they'll be harder to move on.
I'm just guessing those numbers.

It's always surprising how little (figuratively speaking) players from abroad can be on. The PL are big payers, so it's easy to attract them and start them on what for prem teams is low wages, when players think they've won the lottery.

Good performance rewarded with bumps. Don't perform and we're not getting bled, plus not hard to shift on (unlike some of our recent deadwood)

Don't know how the new players will work out. But Pat has made a great start with the "painful rebuild". If NDummy really played like a £ 65 m , £200k per week CM, we would almost be there. Shame he doesn't. Well done Pat, he was not your fault.

Great progress for setting us in the right direction in only 10 weeks since you joined. It's an 8 from me.

You would have thought we would have learned that lesson. NDummy is a living example of our stupidity in that regard. In fact almost all our record signings haven't lived up to expectations - Sanchez, Sissoko, NDummy to name but three. NDummy is just a wage thief at this stage. Don't expect him to change.

You would have thought we would have learned that lesson. NDummy is a living example of our stupidity in that regard. In fact almost all our record signings haven't lived up to expectations - Sanchez, Sissoko, NDummy to name but three. NDummy is just a wage thief at this stage. Don't expect him to change.

Possibly the most gifted player we have at the club. Problem is his mindset. Doesn't want to put the effort in. Other problem, we can't get rid. So we're stuck together.

Now we have two choices.

Let him rot.

Try and get him to play to his potential.

For me, i'd try and get him to play to his potential. Referring to him as ndummy might not be the best way to achieve that.

That objective obviously comes into conflict with the objective of giving the manager (/head coach) what he wants and like Paratici said paying more then you were willing to for that one player that you really need/want.

Seems so far at least we got that decision wrong, but paying that in some circumstances isn't necessarily wrong. You'd need to be confident, the club probably was. But got it wrong.

Hopefully Paratici will do better.

Well said Irate55.

Overall, i'd rate it a 7...gives room for hopefully further changes in January (like another number 9...we can't still be so reliant on Kane)

Btw, do we have any creativity in the youth ranks?

It's good that we have a young squad again. I remember thinking when Poch had a squad where the average age was low-to-mid-twenties that in four years' time, as the players matured together, the team would be fantastic. That happened to some extent but not as spectacularly as I had hoped and it seems that a biannual refresh to get young legs into the squad is needed, particularly if the intention is to make up for our inability to buy "top, top talent*" with high-energy, athletic play.

* (c) Harry Redknapp

It's good that we have a young squad again. I remember thinking when Poch had a squad where the average age was low-to-mid-twenties that in four years' time, as the players matured together, the team would be fantastic. That happened to some extent but not as spectacularly as I had hoped and it seems that a biannual refresh to get young legs into the squad is needed, particularly if the intention is to make up for our inability to buy "top, top talent*" with high-energy, athletic play.

* (c) Harry Redknapp

The stadium is built and now we're getting back to normal after covid, we should be able to invest more going forward.

for bricks & giggles, Traore at £40M would have been "free" as a perspective.

This flimflam has gone all around Spurs social media without anyone noticing the guy's yearlyfigure is only 48 weeks.

So I wouldn't trust him on actual salaries.

The idea that the great "don Fabio" offloaded Bale (one year loan), Vinicius (one year loan), Rose (out if contract) and Foyth(sold last season and we haven't paid any of his wage since) salaries is ridiculous.

Take them out and it's 462k a week.

Eaten up by Son new wage increase 100k+. Romero 80-100k. Gil 80k. Royal 80k. Gollini 60k. Sarr's new wages while he's on loan 50k.

This flimflam has gone all around Spurs social media without anyone noticing the guy's yearlyfigure is only 48 weeks.

So I wouldn't trust him on actual salaries.

The idea that the great "don Fabio" offloaded Bale (one year loan), Vinicius (one year loan), Rose (out if contract) and Foyth(sold last season and we haven't paid any of his wage since) salaries is ridiculous.

Take them out and it's 462k a week.

Eaten up by Son new wage increase 100k+. Romero 80-100k. Gil 80k. Royal 80k. Gollini 60k. Sarr's new wages while he's on loan 50k.

Am i missing something? There's no mention of paratici.

Back