• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Racism in football

This Cavani incident has many similarities to the Suarez/Evra one. Same nationality being accused of racist comments, same term being used. My take on this one is Cavani really should know better. He's not a young kid with poor life experience, fresh from South America who doesn't understand the complexities of the race issue in Europe. He's lived in Paris which is one of the most tense cities race wise and has hundreds of ex team-mates of every skin tone under the sun. Plus he's no doubt traveled to racist countries and heard team-mates like Neymar receive abuse. To call his old friend 'negrito' isn't a bad insult in Uruguay but twitter or whichever social media platform he used isn't Uruguay only based, it's global so he has to be more aware of his audience. I suspect he'll get a three game ban. The FA/EPL can't turn a blind eye to this just because he apologised and it wasn't meant in an insulting way.

This Cavani incident has many similarities to the Suarez/Evra one. Same nationality being accused of racist comments, same term being used. My take on this one is Cavani really should know better. He's not a young kid with poor life experience, fresh from South America who doesn't understand the complexities of the race issue in Europe. He's lived in Paris which is one of the most tense cities race wise and has hundreds of ex team-mates of every skin tone under the sun. Plus he's no doubt traveled to racist countries and heard team-mates like Neymar receive abuse. To call his old friend 'negrito' isn't a bad insult in Uruguay but twitter or whichever social media platform he used isn't Uruguay only based, it's global so he has to be more aware of his audience. I suspect he'll get a three game ban. The FA/EPL can't turn a blind eye to this just because he apologised and it wasn't meant in an insulting way.

Its all abit Alf Garnet though isnt it? Its ok where I come from! You are an international footballer, it your laying in Europe at the top in 2020 there cant really be this cross over excuse. I get where you are coming from but time enough now for it to be better.

Terry called Anton a black cun7, Ollie Holt said there is nothing wrong with that and the FA persuade Terry as part of a crusade.

Yes i have just watched that, shameful by the FA.

I always thought Terry was bad in this, worse after hearing his poor defense.

How anyone can look at Anton who has come out of this like the guilty party and say its ok wow. I hope this is a catalyst for change seeing how its ruined Antons life

I always thought Terry was bad in this, worse after hearing his poor defense.

How anyone can look at Anton who has come out of this like the guilty party and say its ok wow. I hope this is a catalyst for change seeing how its ruined Antons life

I would not hold your breath mate waiting for that to happen.

Where can the doc be seen?

Didn't Terry say something to Ledley when we beat them 2-1 in 2006 that got a very strong reaction and got him a red IIRC. I always wondered if it was something similar but Ledley never made much of it.

As great a player as he was, Terry really is the scum of the earth.

Watching football focus Dion Dublin and Micah Richards saying the millwall fans booing the taking of the knee is racism.

Really not sure about that. Clearly millwall have racist scumbag fans but not sure how you can say booing virtue signalling is a racist act.

Watching football focus Dion Dublin and Micah Richards saying the millwall fans booing the taking of the knee is racism.

Really not sure about that. Clearly millwall have racist scumbag fans but not sure how you can say booing virtue signalling is a racist act.

Some West Ham fans did it too.

It's not virtue signalling. I hate that phrase, it's just an attempt to shut down other people. I'm happy for it to continue for as long as the players want it to and don't see any difference to poppies around Remembrance Day.

Easy to gonad* the fans rather than tackle it in the game because they are scared about money, lawyers and reps

Too much pre-match twaddle for me, and that's not a new thing.

Get the players on, toss for end/k.o., shake hands and play.

Once someone declines something they're a barbarian/racist/whatever - they're just footballers ffs.

With 2000 in the ground and them all being season ticket holders, it'll be easy enough to identify and ban them.

Not gonna be able to TBH

They are already saying they are booing the action as they don't wanna see virtue signaling in the game (their words) hard to ban that as its not racism based on that

Not gonna be able to TBH

They are already saying they are booing the action as they don't wanna see virtue signaling in the game (their words) hard to ban that as its not racism based on that

It's easy enough to ban them for bringing the club into disrepute.

Booing an anti-racist statement is pretty clearly a racist action though. There's all sorts of stuff going on before a game, if the only bit you boo is the anti-racist one, the conclusions are pretty clear.

It's easy enough to ban them for bringing the club into disrepute.

Booing an anti-racist statement is pretty clearly a racist action though. There's all sorts of stuff going on before a game, if the only bit you boo is the anti-racist one, the conclusions are pretty clear.

I agree however its impossible to police. Other fans of theirs are now saying that they are anti the Marxist political organisation and anti racism hence the booing. How do you police that kind of argument when Sport itself has in some places dropped BLM as a slogan?

I agree however its impossible to police. Other fans of theirs are now saying that they are anti the Marxist political organisation and anti racism hence the booing. How do you police that kind of argument when Sport itself has in some places dropped BLM as a slogan?

We all know that these are just excuses made by far right racists. That's why I think that they should be banned for bringing the clubs into disrepute. The players made the decision to take this action, as is their right. The clubs should support them and ban the meatheads.

We all know that these are just excuses made by far right racists. That's why I think that they should be banned for bringing the clubs into disrepute. The players made the decision to take this action, as is their right. The clubs should support them and ban the meatheads.

Of course but thats what happens when politics mixes with Sport, it opens a nest. I think they will struggle to ban them.

Back