• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Pub near Highbury Corner tomorrow

Ron The Shelf

Andy Reid
Off to a gig at The Garage tomorrow night and want to find a suitable pub near the venue. Given that this is goon territory and I will be on my own for the game anyone know any pubs nearby where there might be some fellow yids to watch the game?

I'd head down Upper Street towards Angel station, or down Canonbury Road towards Shoreditch. The further from the Emirates, the less hostile the territory. Plenty of Islington pubs have lots of Spurs fans in them when we're on the box.

I'd head down Upper Street towards Angel station, or down Canonbury Road towards Shoreditch. The further from the Emirates, the less hostile the territory. Plenty of Islington pubs have lots of Spurs fans in them when we're on the box.

Generally avoid Holloway Road.
The Compton Arms sandwiched between Upper Street and Canonbury Road is ok. Slighty further afield is The Beehive straight down Canonbury Road onto New North Road about 5-10 minutes from Highbury Corner via the 271 bus, does good food and usually has a few Spurs fans watching the games.
Other than that The **** Tavern right outside H. & Islington tube station is not too bad either.

Generally avoid Holloway Road.
The Compton Arms sandwiched between Upper Street and Canonbury Road is ok. Slighty further afield is The Beehive straight down Canonbury Road onto New North Road about 5-10 minutes from Highbury Corner via the 271 bus, does good food and usually has a few Spurs fans watching the games.
Other than that The **** Tavern right outside H. & Islington tube station is not too bad either.

:lol: The 'Rooster' Tavern then....

Back