• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Proud to say im Tottenham Hotspur

AVB

Erik Edman
Thank you AVB Thank you to all the squad we took it to the wire even though this season was a transitional season, breaking our points tally we will be a bigger and better force next season, Gonna miss you......until August comes around COYS

it was a good season. always said top 6 was where we should be..and he has done that. arsenal scuppered it by going on a titile winning run. same as last season

Really think AVB will work wonders in the summer window and we will be at least top 4 if not pushing next season

How could it be considered a magnificent season if we finished 5th?

I think it was a good season for sure but certainly not magnificent. Performance wise it was average but in terms of resilience and fighting spirit i would say it was excellent...ok i'll rate everything out of 10:

Results = 7/10

Home performances = 4/10

Away performances = 8/10

Signings = 7.5/10

Tactics = 7/10

substitutions/team selection = 9/10

Manager interaction with media = 9/10

I think it was a good season for sure but certainly not magnificent. Performance wise it was average but in terms of resilience and fighting spirit i would say it was excellent...ok i'll rate everything out of 10:

Results = 7/10

Home performances = 4/10

Away performances = 8/10

Signings = 7.5/10

Tactics = 7/10

that about sums it up for me

how would you rate last seasons by doing the same rankings kd?

Off the top of my head and without properly thinking about it:

Results = 7/10

Home performances = 7/10

Away performances = 6/10

signings = 9/10

Tactics = 6/10

substitution/team selection = 6/10

Manager interaction with media = 4/10

so you do think this season has been better than last? (regardless of finishing lower)

I agree

I can't quite work out how last seasons signings were a 9, whilst this seasons are a 7.5..

It's quite easy actually.

last seasons signings = player of the season and a striker on fire.

I don't think the collective of signings this season didn't produce like the 2 summer signings last season did. Did Dempsey, Sig, and Dembele reach the heights of Parker and Ade last season? i don't think so.

I can't quite work out how last seasons signings were a 9, whilst this seasons are a 7.5..

Failing to sign a striker this year and a natural replacement to Modric I imagine.

Last year we signed Adebayor who turned out to be one of the signings of the season, not to forget how good Parker was in the first half of the season and how crucial he was to our game and one of the reasons we did so well.

Now then, 2012/13: it begins with us losing Modric, VDV, King, Kaboul, we then lose Sandro for half of the season... For us to have even been within a point given those cricumstances alone is enough to show you where the club is...

The fact that we finished with a record points total is something to be proud of, so if you think we're now going away because we havent got CL then you're stupid. Credit to Chelsea and Scum for putting together good runs towards the end, but 2013/14 is a new season, and I for one will fudging well be there at the lane giving it some again... COYS

Results = 7/10

Home performances = 4/10

Away performances = 8/10

Signings = 7.5/10

Tactics = 7/10

Not sure I agree with the substitutions/team selection mark! I like AVB but he's been incredibly resistant to use young players, and I don't mean just for experience however Caulker has been under-used and there have been times when we've really lacked an option off the bench in the final third yet we have players like Ceballos who are never used. Additionally, some of the usbs appear pre-meditated: eg Lennon off and Siggy on after 70 mins. Lastly, I really think we should have rotated the squad more in the cups

All in all though AVB has done a great job, particularly as this is his first season and he hasn't had the chance to shape the squad as he wants to

I don't think the collective of signings this season didn't produce like the 2 summer signings last season did. Did Dempsey, Sig, and Dembele reach the heights of Parker and Ade last season? i don't think so.

So getting in Lloris, Vertonghen and Dembele. The players who will be our spine for the next few years rates lower than two clearly stop gap signings?

I disagree.

That's a difficult one to gauge. We had a better overall team last year. Those players have had to hit ground running. The spine of our team was effectively ripped out. Even our squad players were new.

Neville was saying we have added strength in depth. I don't agree. We had depth last term, but Harry chose not to use them.

Remind ourselves, we got rid of or lost Corluka, Pienaar, Kranjcar, Dos Santos, Bassong, Saha, Nelsen, Van der Vaart, Modric, King, Kaboul and Sandro/Parker (half season each), and Adebayor only rediscovered any form three games from the end of the season.

That is an awful amount of upheaval and change for AVB to manage. And to secure 5th and record 72 points in spite of all of that? Phenomenal. It absolutely has been a magnificent effort.

So getting in Lloris, Vertonghen and Dembele. The players who will be our spine for the next few years rates lower than two clearly stop gap signings?

I disagree.

what? i'm not rating what they could potentially do next season. I'm judging our signings on how they performed the season they were signed.

Back