• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Proud and Prejudiced

Really? Do you think the majority of people in Luton want the EDL? Yet we still hear about them as well.

Really what? It's simple if They genuinely wanted rid they'd make the effort and get rid no two ways about it as for people of Luton wanting the edl? I'd have A guess that a huge number of white folk in Luton at least have sympathies with their views and are fed up. Do you think the media are wrong for reporting of groups burning poppies and preaching hate on our streets?

Really what? It's simple if They genuinely wanted rid they'd make the effort and get rid no two ways about it as for people of Luton wanting the edl? I'd have A guess that a huge number of white folk in Luton at least have sympathies with their views and are fed up. Do you think the media are wrong for reporting of groups burning poppies and preaching hate on our streets?

are we rid of the EDL? why cant we just "get rid, no two way about it"?

as far as Luton goes, my experience of Luton (granted only 2 years of living there) is it is a town with many strong views but on the whole is actually a great example of multiculturalism in action

Why? They're a small group of people. From the show, it seems like their numbers, in Luton, were 50-100 people max. I've met people like that before and all the heckling and abuse in the world won't shut them up. There was a similar thing after Mubarak stepped down. My wife is Egyptian, so we went down to Edgeware road to celebrate. There were hundreds, maybe over a 1000 there, singing, dancing etc. There were 4 people opposite the celebration, with signs proclaiming sharia law for Egypt, for Britain etc. I stopped and had a large argument with these 4 individuals. My wife later went and did the same. I saw quite a few people going over and arguing with them and singing would increase in volume every time they would try to shout. Yet they were there before we got there. And were still there after we left. I've seen them in Edgeware road since too. Some people are just tunnel visioned.

As a matter of fact, yes. You know why? Because every time the media report on these incidents, they give these idiots a platform. And they do so without providing moderates with the same platform. And they increase tensions between the different groups. They've done something similar in NI to great effect.

are we rid of the EDL? why cant we just "get rid, no two way about it"?

as far as Luton goes, my experience of Luton (granted only 2 years of living there) is it is a town with many strong views but on the whole is actually a great example of multiculturalism in action

You tell me I personally don't want rid of them yes they are idiots and I totally disagree about how they march in Muslim areas to stir up tensions but at end of day the government have taken note that people are fed up. Would the EDL still be active if the extremists didn't exist? No. Would the extremists still be preaching hate if the EDL didn't exist? Absolutely. Not point arguing as we obviously have different views I just simply think 'moderate' Muslims need to stand up and do something about these nutjobs within their community.

the north is a ghetto:p

Working in bournemouth for many years I was always told I was a northener, being from Ampthill/Bedford then Worcester I was told anywhere north of Christchurch is 'the north'. So basically nearly everyone on this board is a northener, especially you chich.

Thought the program tonight was pretty good, showing how in small groups together, given a need to work together the barriers came down in days.

Think it shows underneath all the spacegoating and misplaced angst we all want to belong, it just gets so warped by modern life. I still have faith in the human spirit and that deep down most of you arent really c**ts!

You tell me I personally don't want rid of them yes they are idiots and I totally disagree about how they march in Muslim areas to stir up tensions but at end of day the government have taken note that people are fed up. Would the EDL still be active if the extremists didn't exist? No. Would the extremists still be preaching hate if the EDL didn't exist? Absolutely. Not point arguing as we obviously have different views I just simply think 'moderate' Muslims need to stand up and do something about these nutjobs within their community.

Don't agree with this, they will always find some kind of issue to get their knickers in a twist about. Unfortunately the media frenzy that is "extremeism" has given them something to really nail their banner too. Before 9/11 and extremism coming to the forefront, there was still the big hoorah about immigration and people taking our jobs. The muslim extremeist angle will die out eventually and then be replaced by something else

Working in bournemouth for many years I was always told I was a northener, being from Ampthill/Bedford then Worcester I was told anywhere north of Christchurch is 'the north'. So basically nearly everyone on this board is a northener, especially you chich.

Get the fudge out

It is north of watford and i aint no northerner.

Back