• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2022

I'd argue kulu has been better than diaz since jan. Perisic serie a team of the year last season. Romero the season before. Bissouma is a fantastic midfielder that can step up another gear.

If the team plays well together players look better.

I'd love another class defender though.
Kulu has been better, it’s a matter of fact I believe

Well after watching that game I can only think we've chosen our preseason games well, in terms of the intensity our opponents will show, I expect the same level of physical challenge from the next 2 games, should get us ready for the up coming season. Sometime these games are a stroll against lesser teams and dont get you right mentally.

I'd argue kulu has been better than diaz since jan. Perisic serie a team of the year last season. Romero the season before. Bissouma is a fantastic midfielder that can step up another gear.

If the team plays well together players look better.

I'd love another class defender though.

No argument from me. Kulu has been exceptional. And he’s only 22. We have to give him a bit more space to develop. He’s not as clinical yet as Kane and Son.

An attacking midfielder who could also cover the attacking positions as well as midfield (if we were chasing a game), would be welcome.

We need to sell or loan defenders first. Rondon, Sanchez, Lenglet, Tanganga, Royal all on the bench? It’s too many. If we keep Sanchez and the Frenchman and move the rest on we’ll hopefully sign a tall commanding CB, but who would they replace in the back 3?

Last edited:
Sevilla looked like a team of ballers. Seem to outnumber our boys most of the time. I attribute it to the heavy training. Most of our young ones did OK except for Austin who was terrible with his feet!

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk
And to think that was their first pre season friendly aswell.

Last edited:
Tottenham are returning from their pre-season tour of South Korea today and will be given Sunday and Monday off before returning to pre-season training Tuesday.

Antonio Conte worked with the club hierarchy to ensure despite the massive commercial aspect of the trip the focus remained on player conditioning ahead of the new season.

Speaking of the commercial aspect however Tottenham boasted some impressive numbers. South Korea has a population of circa 55m people and now over 12m are said to be Tottenham fans.

Across the two games 108,000 tickets were sold in a matter of minutes selling out both stadiums and the match on Wednesday night against Team K-League was streamed online by two million people, making it the single biggest streamed sporting event in Korean history. The numbers for the match against Sevilla are expected to hit similar numbers.

The north London club are the second most followed football team in the world on TikTok, behind only Real Madrid. They recently passed 200 million impressions on the social media platform and 178 million of those were from South Korea.

Tottenham are returning from their pre-season tour of South Korea today and will be given Sunday and Monday off before returning to pre-season training Tuesday.

Antonio Conte worked with the club hierarchy to ensure despite the massive commercial aspect of the trip the focus remained on player conditioning ahead of the new season.

Speaking of the commercial aspect however Tottenham boasted some impressive numbers. South Korea has a population of circa 55m people and now over 12m are said to be Tottenham fans.

Across the two games 108,000 tickets were sold in a matter of minutes selling out both stadiums and the match on Wednesday night against Team K-League was streamed online by two million people, making it the single biggest streamed sporting event in Korean history. The numbers for the match against Sevilla are expected to hit similar numbers.

The north London club are the second most followed football team in the world on TikTok, behind only Real Madrid. They recently passed 200 million impressions on the social media platform and 178 million of those were from South Korea.

New stadium, post-covid, with Conte, with Kane and Son at their peek, you do feel like we've arrived. If Conte can add something silver it should cement Spurs as a global side. Which will then lead to us lamenting the 'good ol days at the Lane' :)

One thing for Levy now, is how Spurs stimulate the traditions, integrity, and depth of the club as it becomes a global brand. I personally think the club got that wrong trying to wipe out yids as a term. It is the kind of thing which is texture, history and intrigue. Squeaky clean, dull, safely branded is not actually of interest. Our history will offset the corporatisation of the PL. The atmosphere in the ground. And the clubs image as being true to its roots is the brand. It is its asset. And the club need to build upon this and embrace it, allowing modern media to build on the past.

Imagine if we could stream all our games there on spurs play and charge £10 a month. £200m a year from just s korea.

The premier league needs to stop faffing about and do it's own streaming service.

Imagine if we could stream all our games there on spurs play and charge £10 a month. £200m a year from just s korea.

The premier league needs to stop faffing about and do it's own streaming service.
If they did we may be left behind
The fair share set up currently helps keep a level of parity

Hence the issue

No issue for the premier league to start their own streaming service, as long as the distribution remains the same.

There are 200 million people that currently pay to watch the premier league. If they did their own service at £10 a month that would be over £20bn a season. Or £1bn on average per club, per season. Tv rights alone. Add in ads at half time etc...

Last edited:
Well after watching that game I can only think we've chosen our preseason games well, in terms of the intensity our opponents will show, I expect the same level of physical challenge from the next 2 games, should get us ready for the up coming season. Sometime these games are a stroll against lesser teams and dont get you right mentally.

Agreed. Thought a couple of tackles from the Sevilla players were a bit unnecessary given that it was a preseason game. But would much rather have that in games with real intensity over low tempo, low intensity exhibition games.

Agreed. Thought a couple of tackles from the Sevilla players were a bit unnecessary given that it was a preseason game. But would much rather have that in games with real intensity over low tempo, low intensity exhibition games.

Am I naive to think that the managers of both teams agree between them how the match should be played, so both teams get the maximum benefit out of the match

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

Am I naive to think that the managers of both teams agree between them how the match should be played, so both teams get the maximum benefit out of the match

Sent from my iPad using Fapatalk

I think I'm recent years there's been a move towards more intensity in preseason games. I don't think it's naive to think that clubs take this seriously and try to make sure they get more competitive and useful preseason games. I'm not sure that happens between the managers directly, but wouldn't be surprised if there's some communication at one level or the other.

There's also just playing at a high intensity yourself, kick the other lot a bit to get things going. Most footballers won't let themselves get bullied out of a game, even a friendly.

If we sign a Japanese and Chinese player we will clean up.

Back