• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Preseason 2018

Things I like from that first half;

KWP getting the ball quickly after we conceded early on.
Lamela's RIGHT footed cross for our second goal.
Quick one touch build up play for our fourth goal (Moura's second).

Enjoyable preseason game. Only slight negative for me was Vorms ability to play the defence into trouble with a few terrible passes at the wrong time. Gazzaniga kicked and threw the ball out, nice change. Enjoyed getting to see Kluivert and Coric for roma, could have been good signings for us. But all our kids stood strong when pressure put on.

well that was fun viewing, roma playing a strong side, they didnt have many players at the WC but that was their first pre-season game and it showed, swiss cheese defending by them. Good runs and crosses from Aurier and Walker-Peters on both flanks, great finishes from Moura, Llorente was in the right place at the right time for his 2 goals. Gazzaniga made a couple of good stops when he came on, great to see MP blood youngsters Skipp and Marsh. As positive a pre season friendly as you'll get, looking forward to seeing them in person at the Rose Bowl saturday night.

4.png

At last a meaningful stat, this really displays where we are in terms of winning the league this year. More please.

Nice to see Moura and Lamela linking up, Llorente getting into the swing of things too

Barca on Sunday, should be a fun game

How did Amos play during the game. Is he a potential breakthrough for this season?

Going to be difficult for him, very much a "utility" player who does a good job for the team but not outstanding at anything, has all the makings of a good pro but not here.

Thanks for posting that Billy

Nice play from Moura, I really like his balance, timing, brain and leap to head in.

Even though it is a meaningless friendly... overall it is good we won 4-1 because if we had lost 4-1 people would be screaming to sign players etc.

Of course, I do hope we sign a couple (and keep Toby / Dembele)

Back