• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predicted starting line-up v Everton

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
This is not an OMT, before anyone jumps and says to the contrary....

What starting 11 do people want to see against Everton for our first PL game of the season?

What team do people expect to see?

1. There shalt be only one Official Match Thread and it shalt have OMT in its title.

2. Thou shalt not take unto thee a graven image of thy own choice should Tottenham lose, thy avatar shalt be given thee by the OMT gods and shalt remain until such time as Tottenham win again.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of thy club in vain, the OMT title shalt always have the name of Tottenham Hotspur listed first of the two teams.

4. Remember to observe the sabbath between OMTs, thou shalt not start two consecutive OMTs.

5. Honour the OMT gods' official representatives the administrators, that your days may be long on this forum that be Glory-Glory.

6. The OMT's opening post shalt inform the members of Glory-Glory of all things important: Who are we playing? When is the match? Where does it take place?

7. The OMT's opening post shalt not be too short, nor too long, but simple, concise and glorious, to truly honour the OMT gods. A possible starting lineup and pictures of furry animals are not frowned upon.

8. The first OMT posted once the previous OMT has been unstickied shalt be the official one, though there is no glory in one not of the required quality.

9. Thou shalt not start an OMT be thou not a known member of this forum.

10. Thou shalt not start an OMT be thou not a fan of Tottenham Hotspur.

Someone needs to do their homework.

facepalm-ernie-150x150.png

Great. Start our season with a loss. FFS.

It's all good..ill take full responsibility, a few edits and we'll be looking at a glorious start to our season! You'll all love me even more than you all currently do anyway, and I'll be appointed as part of Poch's coaching staff. As for now, round up the Badgers, get them to complete the Badger circle of glory and we'll be in great shape!

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Wimmer Rose
Dier Wanyama
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane
Is what I expect to see.

It what I would expect as well, though I'd also be very happy to see Bentaleb alongside Dier. I really hope NB sorts himself out and has a good year this year because there is a real talent in there and it would save us buying an understudy to Dembele.

Dier and Wanyama isnt a partnership for home games or easier away games however for away games like this where a point isnt a disaster, its more of an option

IMO Dier and Wanyama is too defensive, especially against a mid-table opponent. I think we might see a better ballplayer in the pivot:

Lloris
Dier Bentaleb
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane​

if we play 2 DMs we need a whole lot of pace to counter. Don't think Dier and Wanyama will play together. Would like to see Bentaleb get the Dembele role if he has got his fitness and mentality right. Otherwise I wish we had more pace in the front 4 but it worked well enough last year.

IMO Dier and Wanyama is too defensive, especially against a mid-table opponent. I think we might see a better ballplayer in the pivot:

Lloris
Dier Bentaleb
Lamela Alli Eriksen
Kane​

Agree that Dier/Wanyama is probably a touch too defensive, however not seeing what Bentaleb has done to be anywhere near first team.

My view would be more of

Lloris
Dier
Lamela Eriksen Winger
Alli
Kane​

Where Dier sits, Eriksen more central, Chadli/N'jIe/new boy out wide and Alli behind Kane.

Agree that Dier/Wanyama is probably a touch too defensive, however not seeing what Bentaleb has done to be anywhere near first team.

My view would be more of

Lloris
Dier
Lamela Eriksen Winger
Alli
Kane​

Where Dier sits, Eriksen more central, Chadli/N'jIe/new boy out wide and Alli behind Kane.

I think you've gone from too defensive to too attacking; remember we are away on the first day to a Koeman side who will be eager to impress and have enough firepower to show at least some respect.
I think we could be leaving Dier with too much to do in that set-up, i'd go with Dier and Wanyama to lock things down first of all and then go from there.
Remember Koeman and Everton will be VERY motivated...

My view would be more of

Lloris
Dier
Lamela Eriksen Winger
Alli
Kane​

Bentaleb was first choice in that position 12 months ago. If he has a decent pre-season then he's Dembele's very natural replacement.

I don't think we should compromise/confuse our whole system because of 1 suspension.

Bentaleb was first choice in that position 12 months ago. If he has a decent pre-season then he's Dembele's very natural replacement.

I don't think we should compromise/confuse our whole system because of 1 suspension.

Not being argumentative, but not sure

- The Mason/Bentaleb pivot was very different in capability/results than Dier/Dembele
- While you and @glorygloryeze think I've upset the system or gone too attacking, I don't think it's that big a step, we have taken a defensive player off in the past e.g. put Chadli on with Eriksen shifting to middle, this is no different.

And if we are really looking for a like for like for Dembele, out of the two, would it really be Bentaleb or Mason? serious question, Bentaleb might be better at ball retention (not in Dembele's class), Mason may be better going forward (possibly better than Dembele in that respect).

Back