• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Predict a last minute out-of-the-blue transfer

I had that thought earlier, didn’t he fall out with Conte in their brief Chelsea overlap though?

IIRC Conte signed him, then pretty soon declared that it would take him a while to get up to speed. He only played 4 games under him.

I've found the quotes:

“I thought I’d find a player who was not in good physical condition. Instead, I was surprised to find a player in good physical condition. Yes, yes, a positive surprise. You saw that during the Arsenal game [in the League Cup last week]. He played. He was my first substitution after the Willian injury.

“My worry is not about his physical condition, but only to go into our idea of football, to understand the movement without the ball and with the ball. For this, he needs a bit of period to go into our idea of football. To understand this. My worry is not about his physical condition, but to get into our idea of football.”

Conor Gallagher - recent injuries to Hojberg and Bentancur, long time injury for Skipp and clearly not trusting Sarr might mean we get another CM?

Chelsea wouldn’t sell but trying to think of someone we’ve not been linked with is tough..

I would agree but if Conte doesn’t trust him, as was clear last night, then it’s just taking a squad place for nothing.

I think he does trust him, I think he was coming on if PEH had to come off last night, he didn't just warm up he started banging gels down too.

... for us, who hasn't been really linked this window. Explain your thinking.

Zaha

1 year left on his contract, Palace not so dependent on him these days so more open to a sale, could cover CF and the wide positions.

Better than Traore and James. Would strengthen our options beyond the first 4.

From the Athletic: https://theathletic.com/3558385/202...differently-but-did-they-do-what-they-needed/

At the end of the window, Tottenham were interested in one more forward but, despite looking into moves for Wilfried Zaha and Dan James, nothing happened.

Maybe one to revisit in January.

It was to cover gil as he wanted a loan to get more gametime. Hoping to get in the spain squad for the world cup. Hence contes comments if someone leaves someone has to come in.
Hopefully gil canprove himself and we won't need anyone.
He would be an upgrade on Moria, let alone cover for Gil

Back