• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics

Corbyn's lot have been noisier than their opinions deserve.

Noise is all that political belief has left though - they're a bark that no longer has a bite.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course you equate the British Labour Party with the 'extreme left.' as the National Front are extreme right. You see when you do that, Scara, you lose all credibility.
"They're a bark that no longer has a bite." A strange comment given your constant obsessive need to criticise them.

If Brexit does go badly, 20 years from now we'll probably ask to re-join the EU and have to be part of the Eurozone, no vetoes etc. With that logic, it might be in the best interests of the EU to tell us to get phucked in the short term, strengthening the EU in the long term.

If Brexit does go badly, 20 years from now we'll probably ask to re-join the EU and have to be part of the Eurozone, no vetoes etc. With that logic, it might be in the best interests of the EU to tell us to get phucked in the short term, strengthening the EU in the long term.

In 20 years from now the EU will be yesterdays news.

Putin hopes you are right, but I think there is too much political will for it to fall apart in that time. Remember, they said the Euro was phucked from the start, that was 15 years ago.

Some more Brexit news:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...es-defeat-in-lords-over-rights-of-eu-citizens

The Conservative government is likely to be defeated in the House of Lords over the issue of securing the rights of EU citizens living in the UK, despite a last minute plea from the home secretary, Amber Rudd.

Peers are lining up to support a Labour party amendment – which now has the formal backing of a Conservative, a Liberal Democrat and a crossbencher – calling on ministers to bring forward proposals to protect Europeans resident in Britain within three months of article 50 being triggered.

Putin hopes you are right, but I think there is too much political will for it to fall apart in that time. Remember, they said the Euro was phucked from the start, that was 15 years ago.

The Euro has been a disaster. It's crippled southern Europe, as those countries can't devalue their currency, like you do to solve most economic problems. Youth unemployment is over 50% in Spain and Greece (over 30% all working ages) because of the Euro.

There's a big disconnect across Europe between the voters and politicians. In many countries across the continent, anti-EU-ism in the populous is approaching 50% (early 2016 poll):

Greece - 71%
France - 61%
Spain - 49%
Britain - 48%
Germany - 48%
EU average - 47%
Holland - 46%

Only coalition systems are currently preventing further referendums. But like the USSR before it, it will finally collapse.

It will certainly be there in one form or another.

I think most people would be happy with a successor trading partnership. Like the EU was up until it went power hungry with Maastricht. It's political integration that's the problem, not economic co-operation.

It will certainly be there in one form or another.

I dare say they will be some sort of union but once other country's start to understand that its for the few rather then the many others will walk away. Its a busted flush in its present state.

The Euro has been a disaster. It's crippled southern Europe, as those countries can't devalue their currency, like you do to solve most economic problems. Youth unemployment is over 50% in Spain and Greece (over 30% all working ages) because of the Euro.

There's a big disconnect across Europe between the voters and politicians. In many countries across the continent, anti-EU-ism in the populous is approaching 50% (early 2016 poll):

Greece - 71%
France - 61%
Spain - 49%
Britain - 48%
Germany - 48%
EU average - 47%
Holland - 46%

Only coalition systems are currently preventing further referendums. But like the USSR before it, it will finally collapse.

Eventually, everything fails and all societies fall. But I don't think the EU is going anywhere anytime soon and certainly not in 20 years.

You may be right, you may not - but it's looking quite clear that our current government has little faith in being able to get a decent exit deal.
In a perverse way it may be better to leave an EU that is falling apart rather than trying to negotiate with one that is trying to hold itself together.

With the talk coming out of Westminster, I don't think Art50 will triggered by the end of March and May will try to cling on to her moment in the limelight (or headlights!) for as long as she can.
The whole cabinet know they are on a hiding to nothing - even if we managed to get a decent deal it will still be viewed as negative because that's the British way.

March could be interesting....

Some more Brexit news:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...es-defeat-in-lords-over-rights-of-eu-citizens

The Conservative government is likely to be defeated in the House of Lords over the issue of securing the rights of EU citizens living in the UK, despite a last minute plea from the home secretary, Amber Rudd.

Peers are lining up to support a Labour party amendment – which now has the formal backing of a Conservative, a Liberal Democrat and a crossbencher – calling on ministers to bring forward proposals to protect Europeans resident in Britain within three months of article 50 being triggered.
And this is why the House of Lords is so important.

You may be right, you may not - but it's looking quite clear that our current government has little faith in being able to get a decent exit deal.
In a perverse way it may be better to leave an EU that is falling apart rather than trying to negotiate with one that is trying to hold itself together.

With the talk coming out of Westminster, I don't think Art50 will triggered by the end of March and May will try to cling on to her moment in the limelight (or headlights!) for as long as she can.
The whole cabinet know they are on a hiding to nothing - even if we managed to get a decent deal it will still be viewed as negative because that's the British way.

March could be interesting....

All good points mate, as for the last one ( in bold) you are 100% right ( imo) some will never admit that all the doom and gloom they spread at the begining of all this was way over the top and still find things to pick up. As you say its the British way.

I dare say they will be some sort of union but once other country's start to understand that its for the few rather then the many others will walk away. Its a busted flush in its present state.

You see I think the eu. Is actually for the many not the few, at least to an extent. Workers rights and protections is just one example how things will be a lot worse in a post Britexit Tory led country

All good points mate, as for the last one ( in bold) you are 100% right ( imo) some will never admit that all the doom and gloom they spread at the begining of all this was way over the top and still find things to pick up. As you say its the British way.
There will definitely be an element of that - it's a debate I have with a lot of my friends that voted Remain, try to and be objective.

But we also have a sensationalist press whose prime source for profit is negativity.

I wonder if we can just borrow a Scandinavian govt for a couple of years? Maybe via the Erasmus programme or something?

That's it! I've solved the world's political issues - Government sharing!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

You see I think the eu. Is actually for the many not the few, at least to an extent. Workers rights and protections is just one example how things will be a lot worse in a post Britexit Tory led country

I should have explained myself better, when i said for the few i meant for a couple of the countrys rather then the whole lot ( more then the population). I have no idea what post Brexit will mean but in the reverse i fail to see how anyone can say it will be worse. Its all speculation from both sides of the coin at the moment. Unless you/we have a fail safe crystal ball.

Back