• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I know we have some teachers on here (or work in the education system)...what's your views on this...

Lot of evidence that it would be beneficial both for staff and students.

Think it needs to be looked at in conjunction with an overhaul of an outdated teaching system in general and a not-fit-for purpose examination system but those ain't going to happen so would settle for a reshape of the school year.

What is the potted history of George Gallaway? I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to him but he seems to have some notoriety.

Started as a Labour MP
Was a mouthpiece for Putin on Russia Today for a long while
Makes Corbyn look hardline on terrorists given his associations.
Pretended to be a cat on Celebrity Big Brother

He is sort of the mirror twin of Farage, where the extreme left and far right come together with no real policies or commitments beyond being hateful and outraged.

Started as a Labour MP
Was a mouthpiece for Putin on Russia Today for a long while
Makes Corbyn look hardline on terrorists given his associations.
Pretended to be a cat on Celebrity Big Brother

He is sort of the mirror twin of Farage, where the extreme left and far right come together with no real policies or commitments beyond being hateful and outraged.
Thanks for that.

He hosted a show on talksport for quite a while.

Spouting pretty much what he liked
Ah. Missed that as I don't listen to talksport, thankfully.

I am seeing a few pictures popping up on social media of him with various dictators. Never a good look. But his comments on Bucha that I have just seen are beyond the pale.

Last edited:
how thick do you have to be to think galloway might be on your side...
Helps if you believe in an imaginary bloke sitting on a cloud invented everything.

Even if I have a difference of opinion with you guys on some things I can respect you and your views.

Unless your religious, then I don't respect you and think you should be in a home for delinquents.

It's a strange paradox of British opinions that Galloway is seen as villian and T.E. Lawrence as heroic and they appear to share the same views. He has a history of being a Marxist and anti imperialist and has found himself in s position to gain support amongst the Muslim population, I think he would struggle to be elected in any position without that.

I heard comment saying people voted for him in Rochdale simply because he turned up to interact and answer questions. The other candidates didn't bother. That's a pretty low bar, even by UK political standards.

What is the potted history of George Gallaway? I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to him but he seems to have some notoriety.

Very charismatic speaker, knows his stuff and does not deviate from his core principles. Idealist.
That's the good side.
Not so good side is that has quite a few "human weaknesses". Idealist.
I quite like him, couldn't see me ever voting for him, but he isn't afraid to take a stand or call out what he sees is wrong even if it's against the party line.
Him instead of corbyn as Labour leader and momentum behind him would have made for an interesting election.

I heard comment saying people voted for him in Rochdale simply because he turned up to interact and answer questions. The other candidates didn't bother. That's a pretty low bar, even by UK political standards.
I've seen and heard him speak in public, he's very good, engaging and has a great ability to interact with people.
With the general disconnect people are feeling with politicians and politics I could see that carrying him along way.

Very charismatic speaker, knows his stuff and does not deviate from his core principles. Idealist.
That's the good side.
Not so good side is that has quite a few "human weaknesses". Idealist.
I quite like him, couldn't see me ever voting for him, but he isn't afraid to take a stand or call out what he sees is wrong even if it's against the party line.
Him instead of corbyn as Labour leader and momentum behind him would have made for an interesting election.

My cousin was active in Labour Party in Dundee and told me he wasn't a bad bloke, as you wrote very idealistic and prepared to be unpopular in support of his beliefs.

My cousin was active in Labour Party in Dundee and told me he wasn't a bad bloke, as you wrote very idealistic and prepared to be unpopular in support of his beliefs.

I had a friend who was very politically active, shared a lot of views with him and you'd think she would have loved him. She hated him, said although he held good beliefs he abused them for his own ends.

From the Guardian on Galloway:

Galloway is just one of politicsā€™ natural gobbricks. The leftā€™s version of Nigel Farage. A man whose prime cause is himself and who exists in a narcissistic bubble of trouble-making. A little man who gets off on division. Shakespeareā€™s words ā€œa tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothingā€ could have been written for him. To treat him any more seriously is to indulge him.

From the Guardian on Galloway:

Galloway is just one of politicsā€™ natural gobbricks. The leftā€™s version of Nigel Farage. A man whose prime cause is himself and who exists in a narcissistic bubble of trouble-making. A little man who gets off on division. Shakespeareā€™s words ā€œa tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothingā€ could have been written for him. To treat him any more seriously is to indulge him.
To be fair the Guardian attack anyone to the left of George Osborne

Back