• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

A social liberal and some semblance of decency. But he's still a gnaw to the bone ultra neo-lib.

This utter clam is a MAJOR reason the world is in giant fudging retrograde! Just IMAGINE if he hadn't had that little idea to 'use' a referendum to leverage his own career further...but, much like many other clams of his ilk, their reward is a return of some power.

Indeed, he is a good politician.

But how the F have we got to a situation where we have a Foreign Secretary that isn't allowed to enter the commons! That's not representative democracy.

I could not disagree with this statement more. He made a decision which needlessly ushered in US populism simply because he and his useless fudging gang of freaks, weirdos and tossers did not have the skills to go to Brussels and do their fudging job like adults! It didn't just cost the UK, it cost the world...p.s. apologies mate, might've come across a bit harsh but not directed at you, more the notion of him generally being considered good.

I’m sketchy on the details, but wasn’t an EU Referendum a manifesto policy?

If so, “we” voted for it, just like “we” then voted for Leave, and again, “we” voted for the Boris led Tories in a manifesto promise to “get Brexit done”.

There is a lot of shame and blame to go around, it’s been the disaster many of us predicted it would be, but it’s a national embarrassment, three times it’s been put before the electorate, and three times “we” have voted for it.

(Not me obviously. I voted for Labour, Remain, Lib Dem’s in the three.)

The Tory party is where it is, not just because it has a load of racist simpletons, but more because there are a lot of racist simpletons with a vote.

We are fudged, because, “we” are clams.

I could not disagree with this statement more. He made a decision which needlessly ushered in US populism simply because he and his useless fudging gang of freaks, weirdos and tossers did not have the skills to go to Brussels and do their fudging job like adults! It didn't just cost the UK, it cost the world...p.s. apologies mate, might've come across a bit harsh but not directed at you, more the notion of him generally being considered good.
I agree with everything you've said, and I don't like the decisions he made - however, that doesn't make him a bad politician. It makes him a politician we disagree with, but he is a good politician, albeit one I don't like.

I agree with everything you've said, and I don't like the decisions he made - however, that doesn't make him a bad politician. It makes him a politician we disagree with, but he is a good politician, albeit one I don't like.
Still not sure how anyone would define his as a good politician. A reasonable communicator, perhaps, but can’t see anything positive beyond that.

I’m reading Rory Stewart’s ‘Politics on the Edge’ at the moment and he is scathing about Cameron’s lack of political skill, his disinterest in most areas of governing, and his terrible political judgement.

Still not sure how anyone would define his as a good politician. A reasonable communicator, perhaps, but can’t see anything positive beyond that.

I’m reading Rory Stewart’s ‘Politics on the Edge’ at the moment and he is scathing about Cameron’s lack of political skill, his disinterest in most areas of governing, and his terrible political judgement.
Which is interesting, as Cameron first brought him into parliament, then government; and they are ideologically quite aligned (pink tories)

I'm listening to the rest is politics right now.
How's the book?
Going back to when Cameron came in, actually following through on a manifesto pledge (which he did - some kind of vote in 2016) would make you a good politician. And compared to the current bunch, he is! As well as a Statesman.
He's there to bring (Tory) credibility to Sunaks cabinet.
(From a policy point of view, Same Sex Marriage and making 0.7% law rather than just a pledge on foreign aid are both quite bold for a Tory. Can you imagine them even being considered from Teresa May, Boris Johnson etc!)

Last edited:
How's the book?
Going back to when Cameron came in, actually following through on a manifesto pledge (which he did - some kind of vote in 2016) would make you a good politician. And compared to the current bunch, he is! As well as a Statesman.
(From a policy point of view, Same Sex Marriage and making 0.7% law rather than just a pledge on foreign aid are both quite bold for a Tory. Can you imagine them even being considered from Teresa May, Boris Johnson etc!)

I doubt any of the current government can remember what their election manifesto was last time around.

The churn has been ridiculous, what with all the incompetence, and crime.

I agree to disagree. I think he is a good talker but proved himself an ultimately poor politician in the service sense.

How's the book?
Measuring him against the clowns of now isn't especially fair as Harold Shipman illustrated more nous and social warmth than this lot.

Measuring him against the clowns of now isn't especially fair as Harold Shipman illustrated more nous and social warmth than this lot.
Agreed. But it does make him a good politician, using the basis that the current set of politicians set the standards of being politicians. And, circling alllll the way back to my initial point, that's why he'do been brought in.
(Also see above re: the two policies he got into place - his two stopped clock moments)

I’m sketchy on the details, but wasn’t an EU Referendum a manifesto policy?

If so, “we” voted for it, just like “we” then voted for Leave, and again, “we” voted for the Boris led Tories in a manifesto promise to “get Brexit done”.

There is a lot of shame and blame to go around, it’s been the disaster many of us predicted it would be, but it’s a national embarrassment, three times it’s been put before the electorate, and three times “we” have voted for it.

(Not me obviously. I voted for Labour, Remain, Lib Dem’s in the three.)

The Tory party is where it is, not just because it has a load of racist simpletons, but more because there are a lot of racist simpletons with a vote.

We are fudged, because, “we” are clams.

Keep seeing videos of boomers in their 80s and "well Suella just said what we all thought".

Get in the fudging bin.

'confounded pollsters'.... desperation or manipulation?

Argentina has been screwed by terrible governments since the 70s. It used to be the richest country in the world. With its natural resources and history, it should be as prosperous as Canada or Australia.

Going even more neo-liberal is only going to make it much worse for them

It’s incredible to think that the level of governance during the pandemic was actually worse than even the most ardent critics of the government thought. Staggering (and criminal - although don’t hold your breath on any prosecutions) levels of incompetence.

It’s incredible to think that the level of governance during the pandemic was actually worse than even the most ardent critics of the government thought. Staggering (and criminal - although don’t hold your breath on any prosecutions) levels of incompetence.

Its what happens when opportunity is disconnected from ability, especially with the private school system and how that then permeates across the levers of power. Thickos completely out of their depth thanks to daddy's money.

Vallence is a disgrace too. Painting himself today as aghast at how the government functioned during the pandemic yet stood like a nodding dog at press conference after press conference.

Back