• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

I'm not sure he can. He's not in the House of Lords so can't come into government (like William Hague did under Cameron).

There are ways around it - Blair made Charlie Falconer a life peer and cabinet minister on the same day. But it's very grubby.
Confirmed
disgusting
Literally appointed him so a black man can send people to Rwanda and they have in their minds a clear conscience

Confirmed

Literally appointed him so a black man can send people to Rwanda and they have in their minds a clear conscience

He's not even smart enough to realise For Sec to Home Sec is a significant demotion, from the #3 job to the #4. It's always a poisoned chalice too, even at the best of times.

off you fudge Braverman!
Good.

There is one school of thought that she was angling to get the sack anyway in order to claim a martyr badge for her leadership push. I can't say if that is true or not, but by pushing the limit of what was deemed palatable (or well past the limit most might say) to almost force a sacking I can see where the argument comes from.

Good.

There is one school of thought that she was angling to get the sack anyway in order to claim a martyr badge for her leadership push. I can't say if that is true or not, but by pushing the limit of what was deemed palatable (or well past the limit most might say) to almost force a sacking I can see where the argument comes from.

There are loads of toads on twitter claiming the same and almost celebrating. My hope and belief is that there would be no traction for someone in the main who is that divisive, even if she got the leadership.

Yep, Some reports she plans to wait it out and try and pick up and lead whatever is left of the Conservatives after the elections.

She'll spend the time til then just making digs won't she

Farage vs Braverman may be a future tory leadership contest. That will be truly sickening.

I don't watch that celebrity jungle program but if there are clips of Farage eating brick I'll make an exception (1.5mil payoff ffs )

There are loads of toads on twitter claiming the same and almost celebrating. My hope and belief is that there would be no traction for someone in the main who is that divisive, even if she got the leadership.
The whips would have sounded out her level of support before deciding to fire her just in case, is another read on the situation I've seen.

The whips would have sounded out her level of support before deciding to fire her just in case, is another read on the situation I've seen.

Yeah - no way more than 50 would send in no confidence letters based on that. A huge number of current Tory MPs are standing down next election too, so they are already phoning it in.

With all these absolute slimeballs in politics globally it makes you appreciate that assassinations are really a lost art

Without a doubt. I have been around a long time but i have never seen the amount of useless clams that are in both the major partys.

Without a doubt. I have been around a long time but i have never seen the amount of useless clams that are in both the major partys.
While not perfect, the Labour front bench are so much more grownup and serious than the Tory cabinet that it’s hard to believe that they are members of the same profession.

Back