• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Politics, politics, politics (so long and thanks for all the fish)

“Please can someone thank me for the failed policy of austerity; and for the fact that my party has, when in power, been underfunding state education for decades.”
I think the best thing they can do here is to introduce a VIP lane for their buddies in unrelated industries to form some shell companies and make some green. You know, disaster capitalism.

The Tories are strip-mining the UK. I honestly cannot understand why there are no riots up and down the country at this point.

I think the best thing they can do here is to introduce a VIP lane for their buddies in unrelated industries to form some shell companies and make some green. You know, disaster capitalism.

The Tories are strip-mining the UK. I honestly cannot understand why there are no riots up and down the country at this point.

See above, and the decades of underfunding of state education, alongside a right-wing media that then feeds a diet of lies and distraction (see Brexit and the small boats) which is soaked up by far too many.

See above, and the decades of underfunding of state education, alongside a right-wing media that then feeds a diet of lies and distraction (see Brexit and the small boats) which is soaked up by far too many.
Yes, you have to start with the media. I made a similar comment to your own a few pages back. Keep the masses distracted while you rob the country blind.

Even still you can only deny reality for so long. The dam has to burst at some point, right? If it was France they would be rolling out the guillotines already.

Problem is and always has been that successive governments promise European levels of public service with US style taxes, it's not compatible but raising tax is even less popular to the can gets kicked down the road. Some governments spend better than others and make better policy decisions than others but the problem remains. Tax as a percentage of GDP is actually at the highest it's been in decades now.

Problem is and always has been that successive governments promise European levels of public service with US style taxes, it's not compatible but raising tax is even less popular to the can gets kicked down the road. Some governments spend better than others and make better policy decisions than others but the problem remains. Tax as a percentage of GDP is actually at the highest it's been in decades now.
If the super rich and corporations paid their fair share, those making less would have less of a tax burden. Still, if tax money was spent on the wrong things it wouldn’t help.

If the super rich and corporations paid their fair share, those making less would have less of a tax burden. Still, if tax money was spent on the wrong things it wouldn’t help.

You say that but the top 1% of tax payers pay 29% of all income tax, how much should they pay? It's actually people on middle incomes who have suffered a lot with many not receiving much of an increase in the last decade who have been squeezed. It's more difficult with corporations as they'll book profits elsewhere, the new global minimum corporation tax should help.

Last edited:
Yesterday it was the schools....
Today it is unlawful sewage dumping...
For weeks it's been widespread strikes....

The country is falling apart.

It's not always lack of money (and believe me they have found money when needed), it's lack of responsibility, planning and governance.
It's an endless stream of tinkle poor politicians, that unfortunately have power.

As @Rorschach observes, how this hasn't spilled over to anger and protests is a head scratcher. Probably too much to do online (and 'catch-up on') to drag our sorry arses out the front door.

It's not always lack of money (and believe me they have found money when needed), it's lack of responsibility, planning and governance.
It's an endless stream of tinkle poor politicians, that unfortunately have power.

As @Rorschach observes, how this hasn't spilled over to anger and protests is a head scratcher. Probably too much to do online (and 'catch-up on') to drag our sorry arses out the front door.
They'll probably ban protests before they get going. Oh wait.....

+ City councils going bankrupt:rolleyes:

stepped down from a london based childrens charity yesterday, been on their Board for several years.

Funding for services like that pretty much dried up post 2010, and the services are effectively early intervention for children, getting them off the streets and into other outdoor activities.

Honestly, if you see some of the brick i saw during my time there. 6th richest country in the world. local councils going bankrupt. schools having to be prop'd up before they collapse.

dont get me wrong, there's money in the system, but the issue is more deep rooted.

quick numbers since 2016 for example:

• 7 Chancellors of the Exchequer
  • 7 housing ministers
  • 6 Health ministers
  • 9 (yes NINE) Education ministers (more than 1 a year)
I work for a major multinational firm. This isn't how you run business. You can't consistently change people and expect results.

People need to wake up and realise this shower of brick in Govt, regardless if you voted Tory, or Labour, or anyone else, benefits absolutely NO ONE.

No one wins if you cant get a doctors appointment. Even if you have Private health care, trust me, i recently tried to use mine, you can't get a booking privately for months now because of the impact in the NHS being so profound it's now leaking over to the Private sector.

Everything is broken and we all lose.

Back